Tired of remixing recipes

also mixing these remixes and testing single flaves takes me away from creating originals which i havent been doing lately

4 Likes

I only make juice for 1 of my friends, and thatā€™s because I offered to try and clone his favorite juice when i first started mixing. I sell him 120ml for $10 and we reuse the same bottle every time. Nobody else asks me to make juice because Iā€™ve never offered, but with the 40 cent/ml tax coming to NY iā€™m sure someone else will ask me soon. Iā€™d probably sell them 30ml for 5 bucks and maybe another fee for figuring the flavor out. Iā€™d definitely set the expectation that it may to take a couple of months to get something close enough, because none of my friends seem to be into the same bakery dessert flavor profiles that I am and thatā€™s really all I mix. Iā€™d feel sorta scabby if I charged $10 for something that cost me ~67 cents to make.

1 Like

I make all the juice for my co-worker/vape bud. for $20.00 he gets 100ml of juice guaranteed and sometimes an additional 45 - 90ml of whatever new thing Iā€™ve mixed up. He says he feels bad about taking advantage but he spent 3 months giving me rides to and from work a couple of years ago and never asked for a dime in gas. He also gets any vape gear I no longer use at no charge. Heā€™s also the guy who got me off the cigs and into vaping to begin with. Just my way of returning the favor(s). I may share a tank or two with others, but thatā€™s about it. They complain about everything.

10 Likes

Hells Yes !!!

I donā€™t have people bringing me clone(rs), but do sell quite a bit. Iā€™d ā€œtryā€ (try being the operative phrase) to clone if needed, but prefer to just sell what I have. I charge .30/ml which ainā€™t bad, with staggered discounts for 60ml, and 120mls. All this costs money, and your time surely is worth that as well. Iā€™m stunned (havenā€™t been into a B&M Shop in forever) as the prices of juice now. .50/ml and up up up. Having not purchased any in even longer, every once in a while, try one or two just to shoot for some magic, but most times Iā€™m let down, and as you said, sucking overly sweetened juice, just ainā€™t fun.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm, so YOUā€™RE the guy who can help me out with my Presonus StudioLive board thenā€¦ :blush:

5 Likes

If I had @Alisa 's skillz, Iā€™d be clone mixing all day (with some butter pecan thrown in !!!). Much respect Alisa.

4 Likes

OMG, That is tooooo funny. I own a 16 with a surface and we have a 32 virtual surface in our performance rig. They can be a PITA!

2 Likes

omg this is true so very true , quick story , so there is a kid i know 20years old and he has never smoked never vaped and all of the sudden he texts me and says hey i want to vape , i try to get him not to vape since really there is no reason ( come to find out he wants to blow tricky clouds ) so he ignores me and goes to local shop gets an alien and a handful of free 0nic discontinued juices all nasty as fuck, so i have him try mine and he starts to give me advise and say this and that , so i run to my fridge throw in some FW bubblegum and Tpa watermelon candy he lets it sit for a few days and is in love but he needed it to blow bigger clouds so he went to the local shop and grabbed some cloud booster ( now im pissed ) i hold up a gallon of VG and day 14 bucks you idiot you just paid 20 for 120ml of VG nothing special just VG get the fuck out he looks at me and i say seriously leave and come back another time when you want to listen smh

4 Likes

Yeah, been there. I usually just say: ā€œwho are you going to believe? The guy who uses this stuff as an enthusiast or the guy who wants you to buy something?ā€ I actually had a guy tell me that my money wasnā€™t welcome in his store when I talked a friend out of buying some no-name carto because the store didnā€™t have anything else in stock. I donā€™t trust any of the local vape shops around here. Theyā€™re just in it for the money and to show off how hip they are.

3 Likes

Learning as I go. The Fat Channel really has made mixing a large kit a lot easier for me, no phasing issues, trying to tweak itā€¦

7 Likes

That is pretty damn impressive. Iā€™m in awe.

1 Like

Thank you TinMan. I have a Pearl drum problem, like I have an ejuice mixing problem. Just ask my wifeā€¦

4 Likes

Well, THERE it is.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Sweet! Yup, thatā€™s my rig. Love recording with these things. Just let Capture run the files down at rehearsal or a performance and take the files home for mixing and mastering. Really sweet performance rig as well. We have a dedicated engineer that keeps things sounding right using an ipad as a FOH. I use in ears for monitoring and an ipad to tweak my own monitor mix. Amazing how things have changed in the last decade!!!

2 Likes

@Walt3 I would kill for a dedicated engineer LOL. Capture and StudioOne over here. Iā€™m an Android guy, so no iPad control for me. As you can see have a dedicated mixing lappie on the rack (which works pretty good). I think because Iā€™m so new at being on the OTHER side of the board (so to speak), the learning curve was pretty tough. Not doing any fancy subs or anything, and even with my custom in ears, I never seem to be able to get enough volume out of the hp out on the board. Ended up running through a hp amp. Not blistering levels, and my in ears have great rejection, so maybe thatā€™s just how the hp out is. Added more mics, so just running 12ch, w./ 2 OHā€™s, kick, snare, all toms. Having solid luck with single micā€™ing kick and snare so no need to add 2ndā€™s.

Lol, Itā€™s like vaping! Always something else to try and do. Thatā€™s what makes both hobbies great! Sounds like an excellent set-up! I think the latest control software includes Android support if I remember correctly. Just recently released.

1 Like

I agree $10 for 30 ml is very reasonable and that buys more flavors
I only sold one so far and I didnā€™t really plan on getting any money for it
but the guy insisted so I took it and bought more flavor concentrates

7 Likes

Haha there you go!

2 Likes

The only thing close to a sale Iā€™ve ever made is my sonā€™s sketchy friend who owed me 10$ wanted some juice. At first I was gonna tell him to GFH but nah, I got my money back. Now he can GFH. :imp:

My sons do a lot for me so we usually just trade favors where Iā€™ll mix something for them and they pick up some groceries for me or take me shopping. Theyā€™re free to take any of the testers Iā€™m done with. Thereā€™s a definite line between taking care of the people who take care of you, and letting someone take advantage of your generous nature.

13 Likes

I charge 10 dollars per 30ml and 20 dollars for 100ml. If they want to try a recipe before I have taste test approved it, I give a 15ml sample for free. The prices arenā€™t high for them and I have a wonderful opportunity to get feedback from an outside source.
My vote is charge them :wink:

6 Likes