Tobacco Recipes

I’ve seen a lot of people do that. I’m the lazy type, I usually do tobacco’s at around 3% and after steep decide if it needs more, less or is good as is. With the TA’s I would keep it a bit lower, say start at 1% and work your way up or down :grinning:

2 Likes

Ya I may start doing the same. The accuracy of testing at multiple percents is nice but it’s a PITA and so far I haven’t noticed any drastic changes in the flavor profile as concentration increases.

2 Likes

I’m with @Josephine_van_Rijn, doing testing is pain enough, but I do 5% test batches. :grinning:

2 Likes

You’ve always been a greedy bugger :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Alrighty, that settled it, I’ll be testing only one test per flavor from now on! Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I shouldn’t have to worry about running out of Red Demon for a while now; just bought 100ml worth while the getting was good! I can’t argue with $1.60 per 10ml. (Labor Day Sale)

But…5 years from now, when I run out, and you’re no longer at ECX, I’m going to tell them YOU said that ECX would “make an effort to keep it in stock for you at least in small quantities.” :laughing:

Thanks @DonovanECX

3 Likes

Found this had to post it for yall!!

7 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m stealing it.

2 Likes

I’m just loving this sweet marzipan and the lemon in this is delish!

Ohms Ye Olde Cigar Box : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/862563/Ohms+Ye+Olde+Cigar+Box

0.75% Black Cigar (VZ)
2% Cigar Hangsen
1% Cuban Supreme (FA)
0.5% Dunhill (SC) (VZ)
1.5% Ethyl Vanillin (10% VG)
0.5% Lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Marzipan (FA)
1% Oak Wood (FA)

Flavor total: 8.25%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/6T1d

3 Likes

Looks nice! I’m cross posting this in the Cigar thread! :grinning: I like the marzipan as well. To me, it gives that sweet almond note to my mixes.

1 Like

@Kinnikinnick Just whipped up a bottle of Irish Pipe finally. What is your recommended steep time? I will try to keep my grubby paws off it until then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always kinda like that one myself. :grinning: I’d say a couple of weeks would do it some good. :thinking:

I used to keep steep times associated with all my recipes in the notes section, but there was something that @Josephine_van_Rijn said a while back that really hit home with me… I’m paraphrasing here, but it went something like this…“whenever it tastes good to you, the juice has steeped enough”. :grinning:

That’s when I went back to as many recipes as I could and deleted the steep times from the notes. Now, if I feel there is a recipe that really needs notation on steep time, I’ll put something in the notes. But, for the most part, the mixer should decide the maturing date for themselves, according to their own tastebuds. :wink:

2 Likes

Good point. Makes perfect sense. I do like to know the mixer’s thoughts on steeping only because they have likely tried it in several stages in the steeping process. Kinda like checking the average mixing percentage of any given flavor before testing. But ultimately, it’s exactly what you (and Josephine) said.

Next step, search on reddit for DIY time machine :joy:

2 Likes

…for the right price :thinking:

Or the deluxe version…

…only used on Sundays…special price for you! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Oh ya, definitely going with the deluxe, that leather seat looks plush.

3 Likes

I know it’s too soon to tell, but I just dripped a bit of the Irish… Future looks bright my friend, gonna need you to send that time machine Express!

2 Likes

Or the economy version.

5 Likes

Any ideas for what to do with Don Hill? On single flavor test I taste sweet (like marzipan?) and a slight cherry note. What does it taste like to you guys? To me, no real “tobacco” flavor to speak of but could be a nice top note in a dessert vape.

1 Like

I know @Josephine_van_Rijn has used it some. I wasn’t all that impressed with the INW DH…just me perhaps. My notes say I liked it, but I didn’t elaborate on the flavor, so that’s a tell. It was during my search for cigalike tobaccos, which kinda fell to the wayside after so many cigalike tobaccos I found were just…meh. :smirk:

1 Like

Ya I’m with you on that one. Most of the cigalike tobaccos I tried so far are very meh. Don Hill has no tobacco characteristics imo but I don’t mind the flavor and could maybe use it sometime down the road in a pipe tobacco mix for dessert.

I’m very much still in this phase, not sure I will ever depart from it either. So far, only a few flavors get me close and I have but one mix that fills that niche. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Am4a and other dessert-y tobaccos but for an ADV I really need that leafy, leathery, ashy, dry, woody mix.