Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils according to Uwell?

So I received this email from Uwell today, and wanted to share here for a couple reasons.

1. To pass on any knowledge that might affect our health.

2. To see what everyone thinks about the facts presented here?

6 Likes

I think they are loosing money on crown 2 and trying to pass the lack of bucks by slamming their competitors?
I think they cant afford to make a ceramic coil right now and if they could they would claim they are safe?
I detect possible BS but…

This might be correct, if I die i’ll come back and tell you if it was my ceramic coil or the crown 1 that got me.

5 Likes

lmao while rofl :joy:

ive been in the flooring industry for 20 years and have actually know tile guys who work with ceramic tile have lung problems from the dust from the ceramic tile that is made while cutting alot of gyys now wear protective masks while cutting im not sure if this could be compared but who knows these guys have been in the industry for 20 plus years as well

2 Likes

TBH, I haven’t really gotten into the whole ceramic coil thing. I tried a couple, but they seem to give a dry feeling vape to me. Not the wet juicy vape I get with regular cotton. But some people love the flavor and do very well with them. I can taste the ceramic on the Ccell coils, tastes like I licked an unglazed ceramic plate. Literally…ugh.

I use and prefer ceramic coils in about half of my tanks. This does concern me a bit but then how many horrible things was I inhaling when I smoked? There’s also the issue of a possible hidden agenda for claiming they’re not safe. I’ve heard this before and researched it about 6 months ago. The majority of what I read was that the coil is going to be trashed long before it starts to break up like this and any particles that are released would be too large to pass into the vapor; they would cling to the gunk in the coil if it’s really that bad to be crumbling. Still, not saying we shouldn’t be mindful of this possibility, just not to panic and give up on our ceramics straight away.

1 Like

What about all the crud build up on a standard coil or small bits of cotton or the small metal particles that are present from the threads or the minute dust particles and microscopic bugs we inhale in day to day life… where’s the fact sheets on those??

3 Likes

isnt this just the same thing that was said about Vapresso coils and debunked ages ago ? Im not sure I really trust some guy at Uwell saying I put them uder a microscope and… not exactly an independant third party.

3 Likes

I think its more of a hazard for the workers making the ceramic coils, They definately need to wear safety equipment. For the end user if you hear a coil break and see ceramic dust coming out the barrel of your vape, don’t inhale it. I’m 1 week into my Joyetech ULTIMO ceramic coil and it’s great so far. Kind of a slow ramp up but great flavor.

3 Likes

Those Vaporesso coils when they first came out make my lungs feel like sand paper.

2 Likes

I believe the factory workers making these coils need to use protective equipment while producing these coils. Some steps should be used during the final production process such as removing the ceramic dust and or coating the coil with VG to arrest or remove small ceramic dust particles. End users using the device need to use caution as does any user of any vapor device. Ceramic coils may be as safe or safer than standard cotton coils when used properly, especially when considering dangerous metal types such as Nickel. So i’m wondering if UWELL will have a scare type poll about the use of their NI coils?

3 Likes

Lets hope with the fda getting involved that tests will be done to see where things actually stand insteadnof assumptions , personally know matter what happens incould tell you that now that i vape and dont smoke i could play a game of basketball without dying and no more wheezing or coughing attacks in the middle of the night , vaping has improved the quality of my life , but itnwould be nice to know if ceramic coils are more harmful than ss or kanthal , testing the products would be great let’s see what happens until then be aware and careful if ceramic coils give you sore throat after use stop using etc right now we have to use our heads this is a safer alternative that doesnt mean all aspects or things involved with vaping are safe , i think its time we start demading the fda starts proving things with scientific testing

3 Likes

While chatting with the lads at CeraVape the other day, this topic came up, too. Yes, there are definitely lung health issues for workers who are cutting ceramics and that’s why they get protective gear. But the main point UD is not telling you is that one ceramic isn’t reacting like the next. There are thousands of combinations in raw material that can be used and every vendors mixture is a little different - in the end most ceramic coil heads you can get out there will behave differently. That’s also one of the reasons why ceramic coil heads from company A might be a lot cheaper than the ones sold by company B - you get what you pay for, you pay for their development, for testing including performance and safety, production costs and material costs. So, you just can’t say “ceramics are a health concern for users, that’s why we’re not selling them”. Bullshit, they don’t want to invest hard dollar into R&D and still might not be able to get it right quickly enough to make a profit.

We were chatting about whether they were planning to introduce temp control coil heads. To my surprise, the reason is not that you couldn’t dry burn your coils and ceramic with them. The reason is that the mixes they tested were either not resistant enough to the heat produced when using ceramic wicks in a coil head or the mix would easily create dust or fissures that might cause harm to the user’s lungs.

2 Likes

So basically it’s the same thing as with the popcorn lung story. Using people who are exposed to large quantities every single day as an example and then jump to the obvious conclusion that a trace amount of it will have the same effect.
Let me turn this argument around, I’ve got a stinking headache today, now I know an aspirine will work miracles, if I take 1000 of them, will that be even more effective? :head_bandage:

3 Likes

The fun thing is that we don’t even know about those who are exposed to large quantities, because the ceramics that are used by CeraVape, for example, have been specifically designed for this purpose…

What’s a real shame about this is, that UD is not playing fair, using fear mongering themselves. :triumph: (why’s that smily called “triumph” btw? lol)

3 Likes

[quote=“Naseschwarz, post:15, topic:86618”]
:triumph: (why’s that smily called “triumph” btw? lol)
[/quote]Good question, :drooling: would be more apt :laughing:

1 Like

I have used a few ceramic coils and have not been impressed. I will stick with organic cotton and stainless steel coils. Thanks for putting this information out there.

2 Likes

We use wet saws to avoid the dust also but ceramic is very bad in your lungs

2 Likes

yes they do , i was refering to the old school guys. the ones with breatjing problems anyway , and its not many guys either , the point was that ceramic dust is hazardous when in inhaled so i could see ceramic coils being a concern or at least an excuse of some sort

1 Like

If anyone has any doubts about this report, please try it by yourself. The report is UWELL’s opinion based on taking care of your health. UWELL also waits for the study from the third party or authorities, even the information from ceramic coil provider, they should have done it before.
If you scratch the inner surface of the ceramic coil using a tweezer, you will see many white ceramic powders fall off.

1 Like