Ultrasonic cleaner - Final thread

Thanks! Actually I thought that breathing is essential for every recipe and always has left them breathe overnight…

conclusions: I’m very pleased with my USC model, recommended! after experimenting with my USC, i’ve came to this strategy:

• 4 cycles of 30 mins in USC. Rest 15 mins between each cycle to cool the cleaner.

• Sometimes, USC heats too much by itself, so during the cycles I check the temperature and if its too high, take out some of the hot water and add some cold water. I do not go higher than 40 degrees.

• As long as the temperature is not good for creams, I don’t put Cream flavors in the USC. I add them after the circles are finished.

• Heat is not good for nicotine. I never put it inside the USC. Only after I’ve finished all the cycles.

3 Likes

I’d just toss ice cubes in mine when I’d run multiple 30 min cycles back to back. Haven’t been using it much lately though. It doesn’t seem to be making a huge difference when my mixes are sitting for weeks before I can get to them. Never really noticed the USC causing problems with it degrading my cream flavors or my nic either.

2 Likes

I’ll be glad when I reach that point!
It’s getting closer though! As I just ordered another 20 bottles from Grant and team @Nicotine_River

Likewise. Zero issues with nic degrading due to heat (but then again, I’ve confirmed mine never goes above 118F either, and that’s on hot days where it’s 76 indoors)

1 Like

vape mizer or misor on you tube the guy gives a great demo with a custard step by step he shows the process which equals 2 weeks steep shows a natural steep and thw usc comparison color taste etc sorry i dont know how to link it from my phone but check it out

Is this the one?

1 Like

yes sir ty

1 Like

Anytime! BTW, it’s relatively easy to link a video here. The biggest thing IMO would probably be “do I want to place it as a link?” or "do I want to place it “inline” " (so that it’s visible without leaving the page)?

If you want it as I posted it above, just paste the entire link (including the http;/ portion) into your reply. The forum automatically does the rest.

If you don’t want to draw away from the thread (ie: something that may not be directly related, but still worth sharing) then just paste the web site address starting with the usual www.whatever, and it’ll show up in the normal blue link.

Hope this helps =)

1 Like

thank you yes i also have tried uploading pics on my phone it doesnt seem that i can i always have to take a pic to upla\oad

BTW if your worried about the nic degrading ho;ld it out until after you have steeped or used the USC

1 Like

I have the model pictured and have been very happy with it. The instructions say to give it a 15 minute rest between cycles, so I’ve been using a wind-up kitchen timer to keep track. Set the USC for a 30-min cycle, set the timer for 45 minutes.

iSonic P4810 ultrasonic cleaner

From the above page:

Question:

Anyone use this to steep e-juice?

Answer:

This model P4810 is the best model for e-steeping at homes. Many customers use it for this application. It has an industrial grade stack transducer which is about twice stronger and more durable than wafer transducers used in our smaller personal models. It has an almost square tank so the ultrasonic energy is uniform through out the tank. In comparison, another very popular model P4820, Amazon item B009BC4S0G is slightly bigger at 2.6 Qt (vs. 2.1 Qt of P4810). It has a rectangular tank so it has weaker spots at the two far ends of the tank. It’s better suited for longer items such as dental instruments. P4810 also has a 30-minute timer which is needed for e-steeping. Standard P4820 has a 8-minute timer (480 seconds), although we have an upgraded 25-minute model on Amazon, item # B00HLBKNOY. see less
By Joy4Less on January 18, 2016 SELLER

(disclaimer: I have no connection with amazon.com or the item’s seller)

1 Like

Apologies if I left the impression that I was the one curious (or inquiring about that particular UC). I was only trying to help by posting the video (on fidalgo_vapes’ behalf) for the ones who were curious, and was asking him for confirmation that I’d posted the video that he was referring to. =)

FWIW, I use a 20+yr old professional grade model that runs for an hour at a time, and doesn’t require the cool down that consumer models do. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I just thought I’d throw in a recommendation for my model since the image was displayed.

We have an industrial grade USC at work that has been used and abused for years… used to clean 510 atomizers in it, would take the paint completely off the black ones. Pretty impressive!

1 Like

Why is it that you guys run the USC less for custards?

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/want-to-sell-my-ultrasonic-cleaner-heater/88881

It all comes down to preference and approach.

I run my UC longer for creams and custards (typically three to four hours). And less for fruits (1/2 hour) and in between for others (1-2 hours). Again, this is generally speaking.

From my understanding, ultrasonic cleaners get hot just from being on, is there really any need to get one that heats up?

Also, has the community found a consistent answer on whether heating during ultrasonic cleaning is a help or hinder? I know there is talk of it making some flavors go bad while others remain fine.

the ultrasonic cleaners warm the water bu to max 35 Degree C . and yes to this temperature it is very useful to blend the molecules of the liquid together (But without adding NICOTINE). Cause Nicotine shouldn’t be heated.
You can Nicotine after Steeping

1 Like

I have notice while steeping in the third cycle 20 min cycle 20 min. Rest on 45 C. The smell becomes muted ( I continue tell 6 cycles in the end) for the creams & custards and becomes weird,I can’t figure the flavour in 10th day may I wait for another week or the operation may be faild​:joy::joy: