Ultrasonic or not! How do you shake it?

@Pro_Vapes that looks like a nice little gadget. Al keep an eye poen for one. Previously used a cotton bud cut at the end to make a small propeller, similar idear as yours until i tryed a model shop for a small boat propeller. Great little thing. :+1:

2 Likes

@Pro_Vapes i have a dremmel which is a similar device i just need a bit to fit in the end of it that will fit my bottles. Great idear though. Thanks.

1 Like

Many have used a length of kanthal or other wire, to make a frothing attachment to the drill :smile:

2 Likes

@daath excellent idear. Never thought of that. Cheersđź‘Ť

I made my engraving tool into a frothier… with twisted wire …I posted a picture on here a while ago I’ll see if I can find it?

2 Likes

@quitter1 I’m in the process of makin such a device. I’ll let you know how it works. Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

I second @quitter1’s idea. I had a frother that was just sitting there because I mix in bottle and the thing didn’t fit down in the bottle. So I made a kanthal whisk and stuck it in there. Works like a charm and fits into tiny bottle necks. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea @JoJo I just made a kanthal whisk to use on the drill…haven’t tried it yet but it looks good…I was using a coffee stirrer that was cut on the end to look like a propeller but this looks like it might froth it a little better than that :grinning:

2 Likes

New Yorker by chance? @Pattie

1 Like

@Damondo no uk my friend.

Was just wondering mate. The only times Ive ever heard the word “idear” was around here in New York :wink:

1 Like

@Damondo​:smile::+1:

A propeller! Perfect. I have to find one now. I used a nail polisher thing that my wife had laying around (don’t tell her) and modified it a bit and it works great. I’ll post a pic of it once the phone charges.

The tip on the shaft is a gutted Nautilus coil head with the twisted 26g kanthal poking out of the wicking holes and bent back. I filled the coil head with rtv silicone to minimize wobble. The only problem is the momentary switch. Have to rewire it with a 3V power supply and a pot to change speeds - and a stand so I can do other things while it stirs.

2 Likes

@Lostmarbles im busy just now trying to figure out how to make an off center wooden box with compartments i can fit into my drill press. It has good speed control and i can leave it to run to get on with other things. I’ll post a pic if it works. It would only hold 30 ml bottles due to reach of drill press but your idear seems ok for bigger bottles.

1 Like

Oh, it’s complete overkill on my part. I realize that but I have to keep busy or it may lead to more dangerous projects like making a time machine out of my Ford Focus (I can’t afford a Delorean).

1 Like

@Lostmarbles nice one. Ha. :ok_hand:

1 Like

@Pattie ; I velcro a bottle of juice to my rat terriers collar, open the back door and yell…“SQUIRREL!”…and after an hour of him running around the yard looking for that critter, I have perfectly mixed juice! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…just kidding! I use a milk frother. :wink: but not a bad idea for the energy use of a rat terrier.

8 Likes

just use a piece of twisted 22g and flare it @the end??

3 Likes