Vanilla note WITHOUT the cream?

As has been mentioned already I find Vanilla Tahiti FA and DIYFS Holy Vanilla are my go to’s for the kind of straight ‘vanilla’ flavour you described, both are excellent…and I loves me some nilla :wink:

4 Likes

i hear you ty for explaining and breaking it down the way you did , one day ill try it

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Flavours Containing Sugar

Vanilla Tahiti FA is a brilliant flavor that makes many Pacific Islander recipes with its hints of Almond and tropical fruits and nuts. At least that’s what I get. :grinning:

4 Likes

I know that, relatively speaking, cost of flavors can vary a lot. But if you take a step back and see what those %'s in your liquids cost, especially compared to our previous habits, doesn’t cost largely fade away in the discussion?

For me at least, it’s much more important to have the best possible flavors and I think most people would agree with that. I used to spend a hell of a lot more on cigarettes than my monthly internet subscription. Now it’s the other way around, even if I buy the best and most expensive flavors.
And if you’re mixing for others as well, I’m sure they won’t mind paying a few cents extra for a better tasting juice.

4 Likes

MF Vanilla will give you what you want.

7 Likes

I vote for INW Vanilla Shisha. I don’t detect any cream in that… just straight up vanilla.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Flavours Containing Sugar

I’ve tried many of the vanillas listed on the forum. Haven’t tried MF though. I’ll check it out.

To my taste buds, Holy Vanilla is too deep. Same with most of the FA’s.

Has anyone tried Dentyne Ice Vanilla Chill? dentyne-ice-gum-sugar-free-vanilla-ch-ll-12x12stk_4557267 That’s what I’m going for.

Right now I’m using Vanillin, but I haven’t tried Ethyl Vanillin… How do Vanillin and Ethyl Vanillin differ?

1 Like

Flavorah Vanilla bean is really nice for a straight vanilla note with no cream and def. Flv ice for the coolness in the Dentyne ice

4 Likes

I only have TPA Vanillin, but from wikipedia:

As a flavorant, ethylvanillin is about three times as potent as vanillin

4 Likes

Hm… So it’s only a potency factor? No flavor note difference?

Since it’s a different molecule, I would assume there’s a slight difference besides the strength. But maybe people with experience with both can confirm?
Like I said, I only have the cheap TPA Vanillin :slight_smile:

From http://gfnfoodsales.com/vanilla-vanillin-ethylvanillin/:
The main difference between ethylvanillin and its brother vanillin is that ethyl vanillin is 2 ½ times as potent. It’s the flavor you’re looking for if you want to make chocolate that tastes vanilla. Plus, ethyl vanillin and vanillin can also be used together for a more interesting vanilla flavor.

This leads me to believe that besides strength, there is a little difference, but I have a hard time to find a good explanation myself.

Some more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2zb6aq/difference_between_vanillin_and_ethyl_vannilin/

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Have you tried Vanilla (Bourbon) TPA? I am curious about this flavor.

Just a little fyi about benzene

Does benzene cause cancer?

Benzene is known to cause cancer, based on evidence from studies in both people and lab animals. The link between benzene and cancer has largely focused on leukemia and other cancers of blood cells.

1. American Cancer Society. Benzene and Cancer Risk | American Cancer Society
2 Likes

IMO this is one of the correct answers. One of the few Van flavorings without a cream note. Im not sure how stand alone it is but it will mix well with any vanilla you can throw at it so if you have a vanilla flavoring you like but has that cream note you can reduce its flavor % and add just a bit of this.

7 Likes

@woftam reminded me by linking this thread from another that i had a McCormicks vanilla steeping for a month now. Laugh as u will but 1% in max vg is quite nice but feels creamier then i would expect.

This product may contain trace amounts of Diacetyl

1 Like

Yummy! :yum:

5 Likes