Vape Mail 2018

Where are my batteries? :frowning:

No contents but an invoice to someone in a different country who didnā€™t even order what I didā€¦
So many shpping woes recently.

I did get my gallon of VG yesterday, nearly a month after ordering it, this time it was actually sent to me and not delivered in Brooklyn on someoneā€™s porch.
Still hoping customs will reconsider labeling my flavor concentrates as aromas instead of nicotine containing e-liquids, destroying them and fining me for something I didnā€™t even order.

Thatā€™s 3 problems with the last 3 packages I ordered and Iā€™ve got 5 more on the way :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Inspired by a recent thread on scales, I have just got a mg (1/1000g) precision scale that goes up to 100g. It also comes with a calibration weight and batteries, all for less than 20$.

Hopefully I wonā€™t have to battle with the stickiness of my old 1/100g scale anymore, at least not when making small batches.

weight
*stock picture as Iā€™m having trouble with my camera

12 Likes

Way too funny as I just finished reading your review on the Anita, thks again as it answered a few questions.

something we gotta work on.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I actually did get a sharp picture of the screen on the Anita ā€¦ but it only showed half of it, as the screen seems to be interlaced. Actually a very sharp screen on the Anita, just not able to catch it properly.

My current problem with my camera, is a more recent problem.

5 Likes

@anon28032772 OK, wait a minute, ā€¦ WHAT ??? !!!

Batteries missing, but incorrect shipping receipt WAS shipped ?? Over a month for a gallon of VG to arrive ?? Whoā€™s labeling what as nicotine ejuice ??

Iā€™m confused. Iā€™m afraid to ask, but what company(ies) are you having these issues with ??

4 Likes

Itā€™s called :snail: mail and European customs unfortunately :frowning:

3 Likes

About a month ago, I ordered a gallon of VG from ebay (US to Belgium). Package was shipped a week later, 3 days later I get a message it is deliveredā€¦ in BROOKLYN :smiley: Finally after a whole lot of trying to contact them, they finally sent another package which arrived about a month later.

This empty envelopeā€¦ I ordered 6 30Qs. Envelope was ripped and all the contents were gone, except for an invoice for a guy in Hungary :crazy_face: (they sent a new package immediately an hour after my email, thank goodness Fogstar is a nice company)

And about a month ago, I placed an order at NicRiver for a bunch of flavor concentrates we canā€™t get in EUā€¦ stuck in customs since Oct 2. Got a letter a week ago saying everything was impounded because my package contained nicotine containing e-liquids (I didnā€™t order any such thing). E-liquids are indeed not allowed but you can hardly call a concentrate an e-liquid. Still trying to get them to release the package but customsā€¦ slow AF.

Still got a package coming from Steamcrave, gearbest, crazy wire, ali express and one from Heaven Gifts :smiley:

Definitely shouldnā€™t buy a lotery ticket these days, luck is not on my side

EDIT: Oh by the way, I donā€™t blame any of these companiesā€¦ USPS screwed up and Belgian customsā€¦ with Fogstarā€¦ well, shit happens. They corrected their mistake immediately.

5 Likes

Alright, trying to better understand this. I just ordered (a week ago) some juice from the UK, and just received it, via Royal Mail / USPS and it was non problematic. Does European Customs not handle my packages FROM the UK to the US ?? If Belgium Customs is the issue, I may be safe from that at least.

1 Like

If customs is involved for you, itā€™ll be US customs so you donā€™t have to worry a bit.
Belgian laws for vaping is TPD on steroidsā€¦ and not all people at customs really know what what is I assume. They probably say ā€œNicotine Riverā€ as a sender and jumped to conclusions.
Those batteriesā€¦ didā€™t go through customs. UK is still in the EU so all that should come through without checking. Bad handling probably damaged the envelope, it looked a bit torn from the weight of the batteries, not ripped open by a greedy courier.

2 Likes

Ahhh thank you, my ignorance for over seas shipping not withstanding here ā€¦

1 Like

Would be nice if there were some international standards, right?
Itā€™s all hard to follow what goes on where. But didnā€™t I read somewhere they want to get something similar in the US, ban all online sales and send ppl to a B&M shop? We have that here for all e-liquids and hardware.

3 Likes

Roger that @anon28032772 :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Slight derail but that is exactly what is going to happen in South Australia in about 2 week - the Vaping Bogan works for Vapoureyes one of the biggest distributors in AU who are in Sth Australia. I suspect he will have a few words to say about it.

4 Likes

Well, i can tell you it sucks goat balls and I hope that wonā€™t become the new international standard. One of the bad things about it is that your choice in liquids and hardware will be very limited.

Sorry for the derail

5 Likes

NO derailing @anon28032772, as it is VERY relevant TO Vape Mail IMO. Plus, you mentioned two of my TRIGGER words. Goats, and Balls !!!

6 Likes

Joe @RoyalVapes is some kind of voodoo witch doctor, and I am UN-able to figure out exactly HOW he makes his damn Donut Custard. P.S. ALL of his custards are excellent.

https://royalvapeproducts.com/

10 Likes

@anon28032772
Hang out in a vape shop. Get to know the owner and have them order your supplies for you. All the vape shops around the world im sure have the clicks going with regulars, i see it all the time.

2 Likes

Vape shops are not allowed to order straight from an international supplier unless they are registered/licensed as a distributor in vaping products. Every new product on the market still has to be registered (and pay for it), so they have to be sure that theyā€™re going to get their money back and make a profit before they do that). Vape shops buy from local distributors only.
Things here are ā€¦ complicated :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just a little warningā€¦ donā€™t get these spool tamers, theyā€™re absolutely rubbish :disappointed:

8 Likes

https://www.beadalon.com/products/216a-210.asp

9 Likes