Vape Mail 2018

You mean a mod like this?

Yeah, I also have a dual build in my Tsunami on a DNA250. Same 24g wire though.
When I placed the order, I wanted to get the 22g wire (as I’ve heard you mention before that it makes a difference), but it was all sold out. I’m getting ready for a 2 month trip and I don’t have time to go look around in other places for a single spool of 22g but it’s definitely something I’ll still try.

Guess it’s fair to say that I haven’t given it a fair try yet, but I’m not done with it yet either. It’ll just have to wait a while…
This was just something to play with (10m spool), to see if Ti has a flavor, how springy/easy to work with it is etc.

4 Likes

clean quality source for all wire

1 Like

I’ve used it too so that’ll work… I think it’s the same that Lightning Vapes sells.

Temco also sells 34g Ti for those that want to make claptons.

5 Likes

I’ve used it before and it works fine. Just make sure you clean it before you coil it. I use fine steel wool (like a brillo) and it works with a couple-three passes. A quick run with some Dawn and a rinse. Others use paper towels and alcohol. Both ways work. I almost gave up on it because it tasted awful. Another ELR family member told me about cleaning it well and I’ve been a fan ever since.

3 Likes

rinse extremely well w/ dawn, it tastes like shit and actually leaves a film if u clean contact parts limiting conductivity

5 Likes

Yep. Been there and tasted that. I forgot that I have a very watered down solution for just that.

3 Likes

I didn’t use soap because of possible residue… just steel wool, good rub with a cloth drenched in alcohol and a good rinse under the tap and dry with paper towel. Seems pretty clean with no off taste.

2 Likes

Would you suggest a parallel coil for a single coil atty? I don’t usually use tc, but I have two rta’s that are super finicky with wicking and they are both single coil, I picked up 24g ti a long time ago and tried it out again a month or two ago and can’t get the heat off of it that I normally like, gotta run them at 590 or 600 degrees to get an acceptable vape, I imagine the thicker wire would help with that issue, but getting a single coil below 0.1 is not easy

3 Likes

I’ve only used dual non-contact 22g Ti coils for the last few yrs, so I can’t say what else might work. From my understanding standard coil builds works best for TC.

4 Likes

Yeah it would have to be a spaced parallel, I wonder if they make 20g ti, either way I’m gonna get the 22g to see how much of a difference it makes vs 24g, I imagine it’s a lot as it makes a difference with SS316L and it doesn’t have near the tcr curve that titanium does.

3 Likes

Unless you own a Cylon! :wink:
That’s probably one of the bigger things that’s impressed me about that particular mod. It will read a non-spaced parallel Clapton coil without issue, and accurately (hot or cold), and it tracks (the SS curve) like a dream.

Not many mods that I can say that about.

I have used just such a coil for the last couple years in this manner. (Ask mrpipes about it) :wink:
(I really need to get a post up about that coil…lol) I think it might help some single coil atty users out there. (it can be run spaced as well if one likes.)

5 Likes

I have been running SS316L coils of many variations, but I don’t use temp control because it always seems too cool of a vape for me, I used to have a triad and even the dna chip tc just didn’t work, I could hit the coil in power mode at 45 watts and it was perfect, but in tc at the same wattage it would hit temp control even up at 450-480 degrees, and if I went up to 500 it would singe the cotton a little instead of kicking on. I gave up on it a long time ago cause my daily drivers are two boreas tanks, which I have never had a dry hit from when wicked correctly even up to 120 watts, and two squonk setups which I don’t get dry hits cause I squonk the bottle after every other hit usually. I am going to get some 22g ti because the flavor I get from my 24g ti is very good, it’s just lacking the warmth that I like in a vape, If you go by the steam engine heat flux numbers I’m usually between 275 and 315 no matter what wattage I’m running.

2 Likes

I hate to de-rail the vape mail, but this is my new vape mail from wizard labs, new wonder flavors, don’t be hating !!! :crazy_face:

15 Likes

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all the good Boys and Ghouls :laughing:

This is another “easy to build” RDA that was suggested, so I’ll have a comparison against my Recurve.
Wanna see my Deck?

12 Likes

6mm deep open juice well

Maybe because its a brand new wick and coil but the flavor is a little better than my Recurve.

9 Likes

WTF @CosmicTruth !!!

http://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/images/uploads/FeaturedImage_well_140924_1251.jpg

6 Likes

6mm (six millimeters) not 6.0m… and it is a little less to the bottom of the airflow.
:laughing:

2 Likes

Deck pics?

9 Likes

10 Likes

What was the old Bob and Tom skit about the company that came and cleaned your deck with a vacuum? Deck Suckers was the name I do believe.

6 Likes