Vapeman2000 Sweetner Mix

I’ve been working on this on and off for 3 years, my first post as a lurker here on ELR, but now its times, and this is ready to share.

How to make Vapeman2000’s sweetener.

You will need.

1. Erythritol Powder - Pure
  2. Sucralose Liquid - Pure
  3. Ethyl maltol - 10% in PG.
  4. Pharmaceutical Grade Saline Solution .5 to .7
  5. Candle Warmer or Warming plate.
  6. Mixing containers, graduated glass works best.
  7. Small mixer
  8. Small syringes to measure liquids.
  9. Digital Scale to measure weights.
  10. Vegetable Glycerine ( Whichever brand you prefer)

Plug in candle warmer and turn it on, put a glass mixing container on it
and add 10ml of Saline Solution to the container and let it get warm for
20 minutes or so.

Add 15g of Erythritol powder to Saline solution. Keep warming and stirring, and mixing until dissolved.

This should give you a volume of 11ml of base sweeter with a hint of salty.

Add 90ml of VG to the Base sweetener you just made. Let it get warm for 20 minutes or so.
Mixing the solution until everything is mixed well.

After that is mixed well, add 5ml of 10% Ethyl maltol. Mix well keep warm another 20 minutes or so.

Add 85ml of VG Mix well, keep warm another 20 minutes or so mixing frequently.

Add 10ml of Pure Sucralose Liquid, mix well, keep warm another 20 minutes or so, mixing frequently.

After a thorough mix, pull the sweetener off of the candle warmer and cool to room temperature.
Feel free to mix as it is cooling. You cannot over mix this sweetener.

After is cool place in a final resting container.

My common use for this sweetener is 1 drop for each 10ml of mixed vape juice.
This does not gunk my coils and the flavor is fantastic.

Your mileage may vary, but I find the tiny hint of salt to be positive for all flavors that I have tried.
The sweetener can be added at whatever concentration you wish. Start with 1 drop, and work your way up if you want it sweeter.

This is my own concoction, and didn’t do the math for percentages of each ingredient. I know this
works, and you will have sweetener to last a very long time.

This adds a bit of body at low samples, the perfect sweetness and flavor enhancement at the right amount, use too much and its just like vaping cotton candy mixed with rock candy.

Enjoy.

18 Likes

I dont use sweetner too much myself but it is awesome of you to share. I do know there are a few peps working on their own sweetner concoctions and would love to see your work.

4 Likes

Thank you. I had been using Sucralose on and off for a while, and have tried the others. The biggest issue I have with sweeteners is the negative sweet effect on juice. It should meld as part of the flavor, and yet give it a bit of brightness that I know most of us crave.

Erythritol Powder is a pain to dissolve, EM is so much easier, but the Erythritol Powder is a smoother bodied sweet, which is able to dissolve in the Saline, which also brings out the flavors and seems to give me the kind of comfortable sweater with the addition of Sucralose that has been toned down by the Erythritol Powder, EM, Saline, and VG. To me, this is truly functional, and I don’t like sugar lips. Working on my flavor chasing skills. Thank you so much for the comment!!

4 Likes

Thx for the share @vapeman2000

I just started to mess around with sweetner aditive and just gotten some from the shop.
I did had a harsh mix that i used the sweetner on
10 drops on 10ml , think is about right, and made the mix less harsh.
I will most likely will use it on other mixes and just saved your share on a document to look into it further !

Keep it up bro :metal:

2 Likes

Awesome writeup, and very much appreciate all the time and effort that must’ve gone into refining the process! Much less the kindness of sharing it with everyone in the ELR family!

On a side note, I am curious as to why you opted to use VG? And also wanted to ask your thoughts on what you might adjust for of someone wanted to use PG instead!

2 Likes

I would suspect that vg was used for the Erythritol as it will not dissolve in pg - i did note that it was dissolved in saline first so that may not be the reason.

& @vapeman2000 thanks for the share.

3 Likes

I’ll throw my guess in VG is sweeter.

1 Like

Thank you so much, and I’m honored. I’ve been lurking here for a few years, and finally made the mental push to contribute with so many others that give of their time and resources for the enjoyment and progress of others, which is also my hope…

I have personal issues with the taste, texture, feel of PG. While admittedly, to me, the PG does assist with bringing flavors to the forefront, the way I feel vaping it just doesn’t do well for me.

I have used my sweetener on 50/50 blended recipe and was just as good as it is on a Max VG or 70/30.

Also, I prefer to use the VG because it seems to more naturally absorb and blend the Erythritol Powder, as well as the already diluted EM in PG, with the added natural sweetness of the VG to me is a win win.

While you can use PG, the vape/sweetness/body of the sweetener just feels to be more productive in the sweetness of the vapor in VG
In PG I really am not convinced you would lose any of that, but my experimentation with PG sweeteners has been a bit lack luster.

1 Like

Absolutely, way sweeter, and doesn’t have that PG asthma inhaler kind of body to it.

1 Like

I have no idea what I would adjust to use in PG, because my intent was for the best sweetener I could make and the PG was eliminated in early testing because it just couldn’t hold the sweetness and body of the vapor. If I had to create a PG sweetener, I would look at other sugar alcohols that are both soluble in PG, or can be emulsified in saline first, as well as stand up to the kind of heat that many people use while not gunking the coils and wick. I think it would require a complete rebuild with months of work and study. :slight_smile:

I don’t use much of this stuff at all, but in fruits, and cakes, and even cereals where I want a little extra, this seems to help with the sweet, and adds just a touch of juicy.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
Will give this a try as I like a bit of sweetness!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity on how the ratios landed after it was all said and done, I put this into a recipe so I could reference how it looked % wise.

Does this seem right to you?

Seems like an awful lot of VG, perhaps you could lower the VG while keeping the percentages for a more potent tool?

What do you generally use this at, percentage wise? Still just one drop?

2 Likes

It should come out to the following…approx…

10ml of Saline = 5%
15g Erythritol Powder = Not sure how to convert to percent changing the mass to volume
175 ml of vg = 87.5%
5ml of ethel maltol 2.5%
10ml Sucralose Liquid = 5%

200ml total volume approx.

It’s an awful lot of VG to help keep the Erythitol Stable, as well as the a wonderful body of sweet. You can adjust to however you like. I’m not allergic to PG but I don’t like vaping it in quantities over 10-15% of the total, starts making my vape juices taste like an asthma inhaler. lol :slight_smile: You can change out VG to PG to your own required percentages, but I find the sweetner the most balanced, sweet, body, stable. You can use more sweetener. I still use one drop per 10ml, but your milage may vary :slight_smile:

3 Likes