Vaping THC?

I made some 10mg/ml delta 8 in hot water bath but after I let it set it unmixed. some trying water soluble delta8 next.

1 Like

I dabbled for a while, after watching many youtube videos and researching the web, and was very successful placing a gram of distillate (budder, shatter, wax, etc) into a borosilicate glass beaker and putting it in the oven at 250 for long enough to melt (about ten or 15 minutes) and then dropping in peg400 and stir, put back in the oven for 5 more minutes, and you have approximately 700 to 800 milligrams of thc in liquid. The amount of peg400 that you use dictates the strength per milligram.
I was putting it in those pod units like the the Smoke Nord, and found them effective.
However, now I just go to the dispensary and buy THEIR vape carts and its all done.
Much simpler.

3 Likes

I’ve used a silicone container on a stovetop with PEG400 like this with good results also. In the head shops they had a ‘magic mix’ IIRC which was PEG

1 Like

I never vaped THC, however, I tried to vape CBD juice. As it is stated on the online pharmacy website, some CBD products may also include low levels of THC. So I’m not pretty sure if it was fully isolated or contained trace levels of THC. Nevertheless, I must admit that vaping CBD was really good for anxiety and relaxation.

1 Like

I started buying the vape carts at the local dispensary. More of a selection than the flower they offer and I’m quite happy with the product. But on to my question…
Wouldn’t putting your concentrate in the oven at 250 further affect the decarboxylation? I have to assume the the decarb process is one of the first steps in the overall process, but applying additional heat is not an issue, in terms of the end result? :thinking:

1 Like

Heating it up to 250°F is what decarboxylates it. I make my own carts with this process. It’s very simple.
•Melt concentrate in borosilicate vial in oven at 250° for 20-30 min, until bubbling stops. (At the end I stir with a needle just to agitate the last bubbles out)
•Use eye dropper to transfer to carts. •Depending on concentrate/weather adding a drop or two of terpenes may be necessary for correct viscosity (added into vial just before melting).
That’s all. Then it’s merely fine tuning your preferences. Your specific process will vary based on your tools/atomizers. You’ll find the array of various concentrates also presents variations.
There are also rda-like devices that use unaltered concentrate. That’s what I use daily because it’s much simpler.

2 Likes

Nope! Works fine!
Now I do the same process, but with MCT oil for edibles.
Dont vape MCT oil!
Melt a gram of distillate in mct oil, stir into brownies from a box.
Do the math:
40 brownies, 800 mg of thc, 20 mg per brownie.
Prepare brownies as directed on box.
Dont eat too much, they’ll knock you into space.

2 Likes

Sounds like only 4 brownies at my house. You eat small brownies! Lol

3 Likes