Video games, do you play?

It just means it’s from a big game studio - in movies it would be called a blockbuster :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You might want to try Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners. I am waiting for that to come out on the PS4.

3 Likes

If you hear of something called and Indie or Independent game it means it came from a smaller studio.

3 Likes

For me it is delving into the lands of Elder Scrolls Online Once again. It is always fun to just run amok in there. I cannot wait for the Greymoor Expansion to come and i can go into the worlds of Skyrim once more.

3 Likes

Looks interesting. Good reviews as well - added it to my wishlist! But first I’ll finish Half Life: Alyx - I somehow doubt there is anything better :smiley: hehehe I am just so excited about it! :smiley:
I recently bought Boneworks as well, but haven’t played it yet.

4 Likes

So, is it a PC game? I don’t really know a lot about gaming but this sounds awesome. I’m just curious how it works. Obviously VR head piece is needed.

3 Likes

Yes, a PC-game, and some sort of VR-headset is required, like HTC Vive, Vive Pro, Occulus Rift, Rift S, Valve Index or any number of Windows Mixed Reality headsets like Samsung Odyssey, HP, Acer, Dell or others - it does require a fairly beefy graphics card. The Windows Mixed reality headsets require base stations, which are two devices that you place around your play area, that floods the area with lasers to track you. The Occulus ones uses some IR-light towers to track you and the Windows Mixed Reality ones have “inside out” tracking, and doesn’t require additional devices to track (but are slightly worse).

5 Likes

Looks like a blast.

4 Likes

Been venturing into an oldie but goodie here lately, Dark Souls Remastered. Tough but excellent game.

4 Likes

PlayStation VR headset can be made to work with Windows too, just wanted to mention. My son was happy to learn this. Trinus PSVR - Trinus Virtual Reality

6 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have all three and Bloodborne downloaded. Love those!

4 Likes

WOW, bringing me waaaay back @daath to my Half-Life days. What was that, 1998 ?? Just give me a crowbar and let me loose. I can only imagine what it looks like now.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the link. After that I watched PewdePie (however it’s spelled) play it and believe it or not he made it look ordinary and not much fun at all but that can’t be true.

3 Likes

Again, I’m only 2 hours in, but I doubt it’ll feel ordinary to me :smiley: I’ve had my HTC Vive since 2016 and this is the best game I’ve tried so far - it actually had me considering upgrading to a new headset (which I won’t - even though I’d love to) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just went to youtube to see (I didn’t see any new Alyx-videos at all) - and I saw JackSepticEye’s video title:

“The Greatest VR Game Ever Made” :smiley: Seems fair to me :smiley:

EDIT: LOL! I am watching the first few minutes of it, and his reaction mimic mine - like, “WHAT?! HOLY FUCK!” :smiley: hahaha

5 Likes

Civilization VI came in the mail yesterday and I put it in the Switch and the Switch in the dock and Low and behold… It didn’t work.

I figured out why it wasn’t working so I got it all set up and ready to play and Low and behold… the controller wouldn’t work so I got it charging and I hope that is the issue.

I haven’t been this excited about a video game in a very long time so I really hope I can get it working.

2 Likes

I loved the old Civ-games! :smiley:

3 Likes

Me too. It’s the only video game I could play for hours and hours. Just ONE MORE TURN…

Pewdiepie’s title is I waited 15 years to play this… (if your interested) He uploaded it yesterday and already has over 2 million views!!! Daaannnggg, how nice would it be to have 2m views in one day?

3 Likes

Me and a buddy played Sid’s “Pirates!” soooooo much as well :smiley: I had a pirated version, so we had to draw a map of the world ourselves :smiley: That was so much fun :smiley:

3 Likes