VV/VW boards - are there any DIY projects?

That’s what she said!!! :laughing:

2 Likes

I have an order at Modsledz that’s been processing for almost 2 weeks now. Anyone else have this kind of unreasonable wait time for this company? I’m not sure if I’ll order from them again after this because I have contacted them about this with no response.

I wish a mod builder could make a Squonk mod with this board. I am very Impressed with my Hohm Wrecker G2

http://thecloudyvapor.com/product/hohm-tech-g2-fsk-chip/

2 Likes

2 things:
The holidays backed them up a bit.
They moved their entire operation over the holidays.
These factors backed them up a bit.
Modsledz is an excellent company.
I know the owner…if you get any more impatient, PM me your order number and I’ll contact him

2 Likes

I was concerned because they didn’t reply to my questions when I messaged them. Thanks for the info @Whiterose0818.

2 Likes

The owner is a super solid guy…lemme know if you need anything.
What did you order?

Stainless Steel Button Swich, 14Ga Silicone Wire, Modemeter Bezel and another V2.2 Chipset. I’m in no hurry for them and can wait, I just didn’t know their situation and wouldn’t until you told me. I’m really not a bad customer to deal with or anything, hope I didn’t come off like that. I just have a pet peeve when a seller doesn’t take the time to reply to a message and nothing personal to any seller I buy from.

1 Like

I completely understand and I am the same way…if you have my money, you better be communicating!
But I know their situation and I know they aren’t in the office a lot right now. He still should be communicating, but he is overwhelmed right now. If it takes much longer, let me know!

2 Likes

That’s ok, I’ll give them the get out of jail free pass this round. The first order was fast so knowing their move and business pressure as I know so well myself, I will not pressure them. I’m sure they will get back up to speed as soon as they possibly can based on your trust in them so this makes my concerns go away, thanks @Whiterose0818.Now knowing their situation, I feel bad I said anything… :pensive:

Oh happy days! Last week we’ve had an engineer in school to set up a brand new laser cutting/engraving machine. I was there all day because i will have to maintain the computer which runs it.
We’ve had a full 3 hour training course on how to use it and how to use the smoke extraction and the chiller for the laser tube. And all the health and safety stuff of course. We’ve cut a few test pieces and did some engraving but only on acrylic.
I can’t yet comment on the engraving quality on anodized aluminium (!) but it looks very promising. I would love to have something like that at home but unfortunately i will probably end up with the 350 quid ebay china model (How is that one going by the way, @Whiterose0818?) . This one with the 80W glass CO2 laser tube and the gas extraction is about 8000 pounds without the tax which we don’t have to pay as a school. In the range of laser cutters this is their “budget model”.

http://www.gccworld.com/goods.php?act=view&no=24

1 Like

Hi your look for a pwm board look here https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/9tferpA7

1 Like

I am part of a facebook group that does lots of diffrent ones of these called moxbods

1 Like

$1.90 for 3 inc shipping any where in world!!! 231016 MIC1557 PWM
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/9tferpA7

2 Likes

Christian…it’s me, Rob McLeod…lol.
I am in the group, lol.
What’s happening, @Christian_Viola! Welcome to ELR!!!

Hi Rob, I saw you were look ing for a project and were getting pop boards so I thought I wouls throw this one in, hard to know who you are when your name is diffrent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, did you ever join my group moxbods on fb?

Hi there,
no, I haven’t, have you invited me? I’m not very active on facebook so that’s not really the right channel for me. I joined the 2 groups Rob invited me to but apart from a few questions at the beginning i haven’t contributed anything.
The mod building is resting at the moment. The teacher in our school who wanted to help with the stabilized wood and the milling has left and he took the mills with him.
I’ll join your group if you don’t mind inactivity over times… I hope to pick it up again after the summer when the rainy/windy season starts in the UK.
Thanks!

Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/moxbods/

I dont mind your activity level at all… It is a pretty laid back but
informative group.

2 Likes

Hey ive been thinking about doing what you did and was hoping you could guide me in the right direction? i only read half this post and will be going back to finish it. please respond

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Well, I’ve given up on mod building. I had to admit it’s not for me. My main problem is working in the small spaces you have available in the enclosures. So I never managed to get everything wired without getting any tension on the cables. Also, my tools were insufficient and expensive to buy just to build a few mods.Hand filing the holes and cutouts from alu enclosures was no fun either.

I really can’t recommend getting into mod building unless you already have a little workshop and a range of wires to choose from. Remember you have to solder thick cable diameters on very short lengths so standard cable insulation won’t last. I’ve experimented with thick individual wires without insulation and laquer insulation but it was messy.

The PWM boards I found had different issues. My favorite one was easy to build but both my boards died after only a few months. DNA boards are a different story, you can get all kinds of frames, stand-offs, displays and what not. But they are expensive for what I use my mods for.I just never used the full range of options and I mainly built my own mods to get a proper PWM. I now use a Vaporesso with a pulse mode which I think comes close to PWM.

Then there were these PWM boards with the display on board and an electronic regulation, not just a 10k poti to set the voltage. I wanted to try one of those but they were constantly out of stock.

So if I get bored again and need a project I will look into building a PWM mod again but nothing fancy. Just a display, a poti and that’s it. I haven’t looked at what’s available these days or even if the shops still exist. If there are new, easy to build boards available I may get tempted. I still have quite a few parts like battery clips, enclosires, fire buttons and pots.

3 Likes