What about vaping for medicinal benefits?

Vicks has a product (holding in my hand) that has 6.2% Camphor listed as the main ingredient. Instructions on the bottle say to add to my bedside cool-air vaporizer to aid as cough suppressant. I breath this stuff all night whenever I get head or chest congestion from a cold or allergies. It also says for steam inhalation, not to ingest by mouth. I’m still contemplating whether ‘inhaling’ a tiny bit of camphor or possibly even just menthol would actually ‘benefit’ my chest congestion and NOT make it worse…

1 Like

There are lots of threads on making your own menthol for vape purposes:

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?context=topic&context_id=125819&q=Menthol%20crystals&skip_context=true

Only you and your lungs can decide whether or not menthol in a vape is good for you.

Now… I know you didn’t out and out say you were thinking about vaping camphor; rather, you used the word “inhaling”. This worries me a great deal. I would NOT suggest vaping anything containing camphor to aid in lung congestion relief. For your lung safety, please stick to adding products containing camphor to a standard whole room type vaporizer:

1 tablespoon of camphor product per 1 quart of H2O.

Hope this helps! :wink:

2 Likes