What do you really hate?

Keep those shysters on the line for as long as you possibly can-the longer they’re stuck talking to you, the less time they have to set their hooks into someone that doesn’t know any better. My personal record is 15 minutes before the guy finally got it thru his thick skull that I was messing with him. I’ve told them that I REALLY want to find out what is wrong with my PC, but need to put them on hold for a second while I put my kid/cat/camel to bed, then set the phone down. I come back to the phone every couple of minutes, and if they’re still on the line apologize for the wait, should just be a tick more, then set the phone back down.

There’s a guy that posts videos of setting up demon-dialers to flood scammer’s phone banks. He figures out the range of phone numbers that they’re using to scam people, then sets up an autodial program to call every number the scammers are using and when they pick up it plays a recorded message. Once the dialer gets to the last number, it starts all over again. He records the resulting clusterfuck and it’s glorious.

8 Likes

That’s brilliant with the call flooder! I must have had a couple in just the last week. I was going on about something with him and he was getting impatient with me. xD He kept saying, “Please log into your computer please!” After about 3 times I told him to f off and hung up. Next time I’ll try your method and see how much more of their time I can waste.
I’ve had a few other types of calls as well. Go buy a card at Walmart for $100 then call us back with the number off the card and you will win a brand new car. OMG really? I said Ok I’ll go do that right away!!! Give me your number to call you back. He did and I gave it to FBI. Not sure it was traceable, but when he called back on same number, I told him and he had the gall to hang up on meeeeee? LOL Sonsabitches

6 Likes

A buddy of mine got a call from some dial-a-sales for widows or siding-can’t remember what. He let the guy get thru his spiel, then said,“Yeah, sounds great but I was just out the door. Tell you what, give me your home phone number and I’ll call you back!” The guy yammered, “You can’t call me at home!” To which my friend yelled, “Then why the FUCK are you calling me?!?” and hung up,

6 Likes

It saddens me though how many people, especially the elderly get ripped off from these jerks.

5 Likes

Had a few last month too. They claimed I had money owed me from the government. All I had to do was western union them some money for a “transfer fee” (bwhaa haaa). I asked them to just send me a check as they were the government and all. Laughable if they did’nt actually take in enough folks to keep their phone lines open.
Before that one my wife was targeted on craigslist. Someone wanted to buy her goods (like two dresses I believe) “accidently” sent her the wrong money orders. They then asked her to cash them and keep 20% for her trouble. You would think the money orders would be easy to recognise as fake but no. They purchase actual money orders for say $0.27 and then print/emboss several hundred over top. Even the bank could’nt tell without running the ID numbers on the checks. Devious and skilled deception aimed at kind folks just trying to help someone out of a jam. Despicable.

5 Likes

Agree… there’s all kinds out there. Just horrible.

3 Likes

They sell those?!? :flushed: :rofl:
Wonder how much they get for a 70’s model, about 5’6" to 5’8"? How much extra is it for “no kids”?

8 Likes

So I just went down that rabbit hole… THIS one is hilarious@! It just keeps on getting better

8 Likes

“The price has gone up because you are rich!” Fricken amazing! :rofl:

5 Likes

Unfortunately I’m worried for that dudes life as he just bricked the entire operation (he was on the main server using it as a Desktop) and there is NO fix… luckily he’s rich!

3 Likes

Yeah those type of operations are run by some pretty dangerous people.

4 Likes

I feel a lot bad for this guy,

5 Likes

Crap. WINdows, not widows! I’m gonna leave it tho-It’s funny!

7 Likes

Man this is really ruining my day. At first I found it tragically funny, now I realize it was just tragic. While my guilt is only that I laughed, I’m thinking that American Tech would have created a powerful learning opportunity by giving that poor guy the password(s) once he broke down and got real.

For we in the US isn’t that enough? Sure those companies are criminal and should be stopped (which happened!) but when did we forget about real consequences …like getting that dude “disappeared”? Would he have been better off with some real enlightenment instead? He just seemed like a desperate husband and dad, not a hardcore criminal. While I can only (over)imagine the true consequences of this, it does flunk a basic morality test IMHO.

4 Likes

It does make you wonder what they’ve got on him if he has plenty of money and he still has to work on this computer scam con. Sad in a lot of possible ways, but so is the thought of all the completely innocent old folks that just DID’NT lose every penny they ever saved. The world really sucks sometimes and karmas a bitch.

4 Likes

You may be overthinking it .And I don’t agree that it flunks a basic morality test just because you found it funny. It’s more about standing up for what is right. By taking down their operation, those guys saved a whole lot of people from getting ripped off. I personally know 2 who fell for a scammers con. One lost his business/livelihood and another who was a family member and had to file bankruptcy. If I hadn’t stepped in, she might be dead as the guy was going to send her to London to retrieve “an investment.” If you read the history on that, many went missing. I helped her take this guy down and worked with FBI and police in 5 states to do it. She gave me his laptop and phone and I even intercepted calls from Lagos and fake money orders in the thousands. She was completely clueless until he had totally wiped out her credit.
So yeah, that telephone guy might have ended up maimed or dead but the way I see it? Causalities of war or as @Brandolf said, karma.

7 Likes

Def overthinking… thanks I do feel better. My son was sent one of those money orders and the same scam but he needed a ride to the bank and we intercepted the plot. I’ll skip the particulars but you already know how this goes …looks like deeper than myself. This stuff is a form of financial espionage and they use similar coercion techniques …and soon you’re in too deep. At the core you are correct, and in the end you are forced to pick a side. Best to make it your first decision. Thanks. I HATE CRIMINALS (hey back on track)

6 Likes

UR clearly badass BTW, so thanks for being gentle with me. Awesome story.

5 Likes

I won’t lie. I was seriously worried for my life. I was dealing with some big time players. It was all a bit surreal at the time. You could say I have a bit of a problem with injustice too so… :triumph:
BTW my cousin that was murdered was a different case altogether. That was a domestic dispute. js

5 Likes

so here is my epic fail today… decided to get a wild hair up my a** and try something different. I havnt had much success with custards but i have eyeing @Ken_O_Where strawnana custard recipe. well i had all the flavors figured i wiould make a big bottle of it since i have to wait a whole month before its good to go. If i dont like it i know someone who will so nothing lost by making a 250ml bottle. so iv added my nic and pg then go to add the LA banana cream but its in one of those hard plastic bottles with the twist top… the ones you try to squeeze really hard and you only can get 1 drop out at a time. well i wasnt that patient and i needed 10 grams of it so my bright idea was to take the top off and pour it into the bottle i was mixing… oh yea you can guess what happened next… dropped the open bottle and banana cream flavor everywhere. My entire front room smells like Banana runts candy lol… and whats even worse is i only got 8.8 grams in the mix and i donnt have any more to replace it… WTF was i thinking…

9 Likes