WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

I interrupted the dogs having a board meeting of some sort this evening. I think they may have been discussing who gets to eat my other shoelace.

12 Likes

Omg! You let them on the couches! Aaaaaahhh!
My old fart dog is too stinky to be “allowed” on the couches.
But if I stir at all on a cold night, I hear his claws hitting the tile and he hangs his head when I go out to the living room. It is a good thing my couches are leather, and for my spray made from vinegar, Dawn, and baking soda. It battles the doggy smell.

He hates baths and is nearly 100lbs. He will struggle and probably try to escape the tub, and I don’t want to give him a cold water bath outside this time of year. Ughh!

2 Likes

Got my hearing aids back from repair. I haven’t said “what?” all day.

14 Likes

Except just now :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Lol, cute. I can her all the squeaks from things I need to replace too. Oh well. Give and take.

7 Likes

Well, can you still at least see?
My close up vision is going fast. It pisses me off because I used to like shooting photos, but now I have less confidence and everything might be OOF and I will have to have someone else tell me.

3 Likes

We didn’t used to… but Sadie (the black one) is almost 13, so we let them be comfy. They’re comfy couch dogs. :joy:

Ellie, the brown bloodhound, is 140 pounds. If she doesn’t want to do something, she doesn’t.

HELL NO!!! We’ve got an old cement laundry sink in the basement. They get hot bubble baths with soft water😉

On the other hand, when we returned from the grocery store a few minutes ago we discovered one of my shoes with a big bite out of the sole… I guess they really were talking about who was going to eat it😡

C’est la vie!!!

5 Likes

I am so glad my old fart was never a destroyer. I trained him when I was a stay at home mom and he just never got the chance. He was the sickest puppy and had the squirts for months, so I watched everything that went in his mouth.
I am always afraid of my animals eating something that will get stuck. Like a string or sock.

My friend’s rottweiler was such an asshole, he would jump up and take the hairtie out of my hair and eat it real quick while I tried to get it back. He recycled many things with his body and shat them in the yard. Even pooped out a pair of lenses from my glasses that he ate. That dog vomited and had the squirts all the time. :-o I swore I wouldn’t let my dog do that. I am so glad he is a reasonable dog and not a “normal” one! Lol
If my dog sees a bug and I tell him to get it, he will gag. He is a good boy, but not normal.

2 Likes

Ellie is… well, Ellie. We are her 3rd family. Originally, she came from a hoarder who fancied herself a breeder. She was one of 18 dogs on the premises. Then she spent a few months with a family who never let her in the house or around their other dogs. Plus, the husband wasn’t very nice to her. I don’t know to what extent she was mistreated, but if @Cutlass92 moves too quickly in her direction she howls, dives, and rolls. She’s a good dog for everything that she’s been through. I can overlook a pair of shoes that I shouldn’t have left out. :blush:

5 Likes

The photo’s of your hike look real good, but ya, my sight is fading too. I use the screen on the back of the Nikon a lot lately, lol.

3 Likes

I have seen first-hand how a human will adopt mama-cat behavior on kittens and this guy went waaaay beyond what was necessary.

2 Likes

Sometimes its so funny that you just can’t help but laugh. This is a picture of Pipes when he was a puppy and I call it “fun with the pillow.” He looked at me like "what, I do something wrong?’ I laughed my ass off at him, but he figured out that it wasn’t a good idea.

9 Likes

Aww! Thanks for rescuing an animal in need. This! This, makes me smile!
That is awful that she is so frightened. I have had a couple dogs that we found wandering around when I was a kid that were like that.
There was Vern, a huge white, but tall pitt bull looking dog that scared the shit out of us at first and a couple of springer spaniels. They followed my brother and I everywhere. They were neighborhood castoffs but were so hand shy and scared of noises and mostly men.

2 Likes

When Sadie was a youngin’, we had a pit/lab mix. When they were both a year or so old, we came home to find a room covered in debris and most of our loveseat missing… just wood chips and springs left. :flushed:
I didn’t think it was possible for two dogs to eat a couch.

5 Likes

Animals just show up to our house. Sometimes in threes. It’s weird. I think we have an invisible sign out front that reads “strays welcome-good food.”

It’s the damnedest thing.

4 Likes

I haven’t had my canon out in months. I mostly take phone pics these days.
Don’t underestimate a phone pic though. I once got into the daily dozen in the Nat Geo your shot site with my first shared photo. It was a phone pic. Lol!
http://m.yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/photos/1818024/

5 Likes

Ahhhhhh!!! :spider: eeeew!

Cool picture, from the .002 seconds I looked at it though. :blush:

2 Likes

You got that right. These phones have amazing cameras on them now. I’ve seen some wonderful photographs.

3 Likes

Golden orb weaver, very nice picture

2 Likes

I LOVE digital photography now!

I was bitter when it put film out of business. I used to have a dark room and even worked for Qualex in film developing for a while (it sucked developing point and shoot photos and the customer service and sales parts), but it seemed everything I worked so hard to learn, wait for, and develop, was done instantly by anyone at that point. A few years later and I got my entry level DSLR after those awesome phone shots.

To see what the photo will look like as you take it!!!
What sorcery is this? It is wonderful compared to what I went through with film. And no stinky chemicals to dispose of properly and illegally. :-/

3 Likes