What is the best recipe you've made that's a shake n vape!

I’m still trying to discover what I can about this flavor. To the nose it has a kind of popcorn smell to me. But not like popped corn, rather similar to the popcorn balls my grandmother used to make at Halloween. Those were a mixture of popped corn and I believe a homemade kind of caramel. It also has this kind of thing when sniffing reminiscent of what some of the butyric acid based flavors but I don’t get any impressions of vomit. It’s hard to explain, but I also don’t smell puke in ones others have said they smell it in. I’ve always chalked that up to the power of suggestion. At any rate, it seems to lend sweetness and some carmalization, but I have more to learn about it. My use of it was and still is rather experimental.

That said, the Condensed Milk is one I’ve wanted so badly to work for me. At 0.1% though it’s still just a shade too strong for me, and in my recipe above I would probably redo by making a 10% dilution of this flavor and using .0.5% of that, effectively giving me 0.05%. I like the concept of this flavor, just it’s so damn strong! Even a touch too much will kill a mix as my sink will attest to. But at the same time, I think the proper combination of the Condenses Milk and Organic Burnt Sugar has a lot of potential. Will share my discoveries there as they happen.

3 Likes

Thanks Friend I will look forward to seeing what you create with it. I use 1 drop condensed milk per my 7 ml mixes and I can tolerate it fine other ppl say like yourself it messes the mix up but that’s taste perception. I know shaner makes a 10% dilution of it and uses it that way successfully.

Thanks for your thoughts!

1 Like

HIC says that condensed milk is a misnamed product…he says its more like powdered milk…and I hafta agree, lol

1 Like

It’s potent no doubt. I don’t get powdered milk but then again I’d probably need to taste some since I just probably am not remembering correctly :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with HIC about the powdered milk part. Spot on. At the same time I’ve always thought of powdered milk as dehydrated condensed milk. It lacks the sweetness of the canned milk but retains the concentration of milk solids. I remember a time when I was young our family had hit on hard times. You know kids don’t perceive this the way parents do, and I can only imagine how hard that must have been for my parents. But mom would give us cereal with reconstituted powdered milk. I didn’t think anything of it at the time except it wasn’t as good as regular milk. Maybe that’s why I have a nostalgic feeling for it.

5 Likes

Same here. We had that powdered milk when I was young too. We were an Air Force family of six, so my parents struggled greatly too. Lots of potatoes, beans and salad dinners. But, we were well loved. :slightly_smiling:

9 Likes

We drank milk from my neighbors cow no kidden milk fat so thick at the top you’d have to skim it off before you poured it and no homogenization. Country living.

But when we were both in college and have 2 kidsin school we too bought the powdered milk at times so it works in a jiffy and will get ya out of a couple of jams :wink:

5 Likes

you ever try DIY vapor supply’s Nicotine ?

1 Like

No, I haven’t. I’ve had Wizard Labs and NicSelect since I really got into DIY. My first nicotine I got from I THINK a company called Want2Vape. I just visited their site and everything looks different, so either they changed or I’m wrong. Regardless, the nic was peppery as hell and only bought there 1 time.

I just bought flavorings recently from DIY Vapor Supply. @daath had mentioned them so I gave them a shot. Prices aren’t bad, and shipping was FAST! Two days from time of order the goods were on my porch.

3 Likes

Ok thanks I just was entertaining the thought of getting the burnt sugar lol and seen they had nic as well but haven’t heard anyone speak of them. I use Nude Nicotine but never hurts to try a small amount of a new source , I won’t be buying anything larger than 2 oz lol for a trial if I did decide to get something there.

2 Likes

There is nothing better than fresh from the cow milk or butter just churned… now I want a cow LOL okay well except for goats milk and butter when we were stationed in Germany!

2 Likes

LOL I grew up to despise MILK especially cow’s milk I ain’t kidden I am vegetarian now so I wouldn’t drink it anyhow but yes most ppl feel that exact way about cow’s milk and it is very clean when you drink it fresh you are very correct. I just have grown apart from it. Maybe it and sweet tea were around too much growing up since I don’t drink either one now a days.

2 Likes

I made this one yesterday and just shook it by hand after heating it about 15 minutes leaving it open for a few then heating it again then shook it again after it cooled I tried it and thought that is pretty good stuff right there…was in the mood for a nutty tobacco with a lil bit of some cream out came NutCracker

NutCracker

Ingredient %
Branded 555 Tobacco (FW) 3
Butter Pecan (FW) 4
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 1.5
Butterscotch (FW) 1.5
CreamStone v1 1.76
Creamy Vanilla (Molinberry) 1.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 15.26%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Then later on I was eating a delicious chocolate Ghiradelli candy bar ( well 1-2 squares hee hee ) and felt like I could also vape that so then came Intense Berry

Intense berry

Ingredient %
Blackberry (LA) 4
Blackcurrant (TPA) 1
Chocolate (FA) 1.5
Cocoa (FA) 1.5
Double Dutch Chocolate (FW) 4
Grape (FW) 1
Mocha (Delosi) 3

Flavor total: 16%

shake and vaped both of these last night both got two rounds of heating then hand shook then vaped them…looking forward to them as they steep.

2 Likes

We drank milk fresh from the cow when I was little. When I had children I would pour cream into a quart canning jar and hand it to my boys to shake. There were 3 of them and they’d take turns so no one felt like their arm was falling off! They were always so proud they made the butter for Sunday dinners. Making butter for Sunday dinners has become a tradition now as the grandchildren have been given the task of shaking the butter. And just like their fathers they think it’s cool.:relaxed:

3 Likes

Have you checked back on the Organic Burnt sugar FE lately ?

1 Like

No, and it ain’t looking good for doing testing any time soon either with work being so demanding. At the moment I don’t know how DIY is going to pan out for me for the next little while. My guess is I’ll just mix when I have to in order to keep stocked with flavah! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, I so sorry sux when that happens. I literally go into panic mode when I know I got a bunch of shifts coming up and can’t mix. ( that has more to do w/ me making small 7 ml tester batches ) but I do have my ADV fall backs. I sure hope the demands lighten up soon. Well I’ll bug ya later about it.

1 Like

Hey, it’s life right? I have worked in transportation for nearly 30 years and it’s a wonderful feeling to see some good fruit being produced from all the cultivating!

Ok, here’s what I can do. I just tried this after 10 days steep. So it’s not a single flavor test, but knowing how the Condensed Milk tastes I feel it is enough to provide at least a half-hearted analysis of the flavor.

First, cutting the CM to a 10% solution was the best thing to do. I can still get the overall impression of the powdered milk taste without it being burdensome - 10% solution at 0.5%. That’s crazy but I can see where this would work in mixes in the 0.5 to 1% range at this dilution.

As for the subject at hand - Organic Burnt Sugar. I’m getting an undeniable sweetness at 1.5%, but also there are slight caramel notes to it. Burnt sugar would definitely have a caramalized effect, and on that note it’s definitely present. I don’t pick up anything remotely like brown sugar. This is clean. If I were to use this in a recipes such as a cookie, pie or cake, 1.5 may be too low. In fact, if I wanted this to be a noticeable flavor, my guess is 3-3.5% based on what I’m getting here. That said, I think this would easily impart more sweetness than is desired if used too high so I would suggest if you got this to start at 1.5% and work your way up. The level of sweetness I’m getting is almost as sweet as the max I would want in a mix, but I could tolerate a bit more.

As you may notice, there’s not a single flavoring out there where you’ll find notes from me. I keep all that in my head! So I’m not a good reviewer of flavorings, let’s be honest. But I would still recommend this for bakery, chocolate, or even tobacco flavors where sweetness and the caramelized effect are desires without the added flavor you get from caramels or brown sugar. Here’s what I tested -

Sugar Milk Test 1

Ingredient %
Milk Condensed (FA) 10% Solution 0.5
Organic Burnt Sugar (NF) 1.5

Flavor total: 2%

4 Likes

Aw you didn’t have to review that flavor tonight I hear your plate is full. I sure do appreciate it. It sounds just up my alley and that it really could be a great additive for sweetness as well as caramalization in a bakery. I don’t think the ratios are too bad off especially for FE products some are stronger than others.

The CM is a doozy sometimes to work around so the Organic Burnt sugar could be quite tasty in something as simple as a banana caramel batch.

Thanks again.

1 Like

This has been my best shake n vape so far.

Tiger’s Blood is a delicious mixture of decadent strawberries, sweet coconut candy, fresh and juicy watermelon, perfectly ripened mango, a dab of whipped cream, and a splash banana cream. Making one of the most irresistible and addicting flavors.

Steeped in USC warm bath for 30 minutes, then ready to vape.

Tiger's Blood (Artisan Clone) v3

Ingredient %
Banana Cream (TPA) 0.5
Coconut Candy (TPA) 7.5
Sweet Mango (CAP) 2.5
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 7.5
Sweet Watermelon (CAP) 1.5
Whipped Cream (TPA) 0.5

Flavor total: 20%

2 Likes