What Ya Vaping / Mixing Today?

[quote=“Jenny1978, post:2055, topic:26021”]
I just want him to get rid of the cigarettes already!!
[/quote]I get that. And maybe the tobaccos will work for him. However, many, many people find it difficult to rid the ciggy monkey using tobacco flavors when they first start vaping. Of course that’s not a universal thing - we all know everyone’s different. But if you find he isn’t satisfied with the tobacco vape, perhaps ask him if there are any other types flavors he might be willing to try. Vape some of your favorites around him. And if he asks “what is that you’re vaping” then let him try yours. My moment of zen was a Sugar Bear clone. My bride’s was Apple Dumpling. You just never know what will trigger that positive response. Best of luck!

4 Likes

I am going to def. Make this!! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I have given him tastes of different types of juices before, fruits, desserts, a few different things. But he didn’t seem to really like them.

He is most definitely a creature of habit. I almost think that’s why he even still smokes. In a topic I started with questions regarding his precarious health situation and vaping, I mentioned that he used to smoke unfiltered pall malls. Now he smokes Winston Red 100’s. But, he never finishes a whole cigarette! So I don’t know why he buys 100’s, first of all. He will take a few puffs, and squash it out. Only about 1/4 is burnt. I keep asking him why doesn’t he get one of those cases for partially smoked cigarettes, or rip off the tip and save himself a lot of money, but he doesn’t know. Habit is the best guess I have. He used to smoke the entire thing.

I don’t think he likes smoking anymore, but doesnt want to try to quit. I think it makes him feel awful, but he craves the nicotine. He would never admit that they don’t make him feel good! So, I hope he will give vaping a real try!

I made him 3 regular tobacco blends, one tobacco with apple, and filled a small bottle with Orange Julius flavor that I made a bunch of. I know he likes apples and he loves orange juice and oranges. So, figured I’d just throw the OJ in there for options.

Personally, I was sold immediately on a menthol tobacco juice. It was everything like a cigarette, but better, cleaner, tastier. I got it at night and switched to vaping that full time the next day. I wonder if it had been a different juice, would it have gone so well?

4 Likes

I haven’t found a pineapple I like much yet. Well, Cocopilada is good, but that is coconut and pinapple. I will have to try the RF version!

2 Likes

I refused anything except tobacco when I started vaping. Probably 3 months in someone handed me their vape loaded with RY4 which is a vanilla caramel tobaccoish type. I never looked back, it hit my sweet tooth and tobacco in one.

Tobacco’s do taste much much better with at least a 4-8 week steep. Some can be harsh before that, and some smooth. Maybe try a couple different flavored like the ry4 or vanilla tobacco? You will eventually find something he likes if he wants to quit.

5 Likes

I LOVE ry4! That is one of the best parts of DIY, I get to explore so many flavors without spending $20 on a tiny bottle of juice that I don’t know if I will even like! But for $2.50, or usually less with all the sales, I can try any flavor I want. If I don’t like it, not a big deal! Ry4 is a perfect example of something that I wouldn’t have risked trying because it sounds odd. I heard good things, tried it, and it is the main flavor in my ADV! I had my Dad try it, but he didn’t like it. I think smoking Reds all his life, he is not quite ready for sweet or too far from tobacco flavor. But I did give him 2 other options, 555 gold tobacco with fuji apple, and Orange Julius because I have so much of it. If I get him into this, I will start giving him all kinds of things to try from my stash of juice. And, I will find or make a recipe for anything he can imagine! I just hope he will give this a real try!

7 Likes

I did a spin off of a juice I enjoy over the summer called Enter the dragon…except of course mine is my adaption. :wink:

Another way 2 Enter the Dragon

Ingredient %
Dragonfruit (TPA) 2
Kiwi (MF) 0.25
Peach (MF) 1
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 2
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 2.25
Sweet Strawberry (Jungle Flavors) 3
White Peach (FA) 0.25

Flavor total: 10.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Pink Marshmallow

Ingredient %
Marshmallow (FA) 1.25
Marshmallow (Vanilla) (OOO) 1
Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA) 2.75
Strawberry (MF) 1.25
Strawberry Cream (Flavorah) 1.25
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 4
Vanilla (MF) 0.65

Flavor total: 12.15%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

More to come as plenty are coming due from last month’s mixing.

5 Likes

I am starting to work out a few of my own recipes! Mostly based on things that I know how to bake. I have 2 ideas right now…

Bubble bread, which is canned biscuits ripped into pieces, shaken in cinnamon and sugar, topped with brown sugar and melted butter, then baked. I have this one worked out, but I want to make it before I make it public in case it sucks! Lol!

The second is pumpkin cookie with cream cheese icing. I am working on this recipe, but not done with figuring it out.

I am hopeful about them as my first 2 creations!

5 Likes

I am too! Hoping it’ll be ready by fall.

2 Likes

Which reminds me…I need to mix it. Lol

3 Likes

Jenny, I’m curious to know if you have tried Hangsen Ry4, it’s a nice Ry4.

3 Likes

I haven’t. I will have to try it. I have TFA RY4 Double and RY4 Asian, which I have not tried yet, but have it steeping. Thank you for the recommendation!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see how they compare. I am sure yours will be better since I only made up 2 recipes so far and have not even mixed them yet! I will probably be inspired by your recipe.

2 Likes

RY4 Creamy Tiramisu (Bittersweet Dark)
I recently made RY4 Creamy Tiramisu using Bittersweet Chocolate Extra, in place of HS Australian Chocolate in the first version. Oh man, I really enjoy the Bittersweet Chocolate, it is dark and decadent, and pairs so well with FA Tiramisu to simulate that cocoa dusting on top.

7 Likes

For the pumpkin check out pumpkin bread flv and pumpkin spice flv. I’ve tried quite a few different pumpkin flavors and those are the only 2 I would ever use again for now.

4 Likes

What brand?

2 Likes

Drug out the SteamCrave. Cleaned it up and rebuilt it. Put some LavaFlow clone in it and popped it on the SX Q Mini ml class. Pretty good vape.

2 Likes

Thanks I edited it…it’s flavorah pumpkin spice and pumpkin bread.

4 Likes

It doesn’t taste as weird as it smelled, but it isn’t right. Almost not vapable. I posted in the fix my mix with my new changes. Hopefully someone knows about champagne flavor, that seems to be what caused the oddness.

2 Likes

I did a little experiment today. Had to break out a lot of flavors! Lol
I had some other juices that I was messing around with, mixing them together, and I found a combo that I really liked. I combined them into one recipe, adjusted a few flavors so they’ll hopefully pop a little more, and came up with Stepford Wife. Its a bit pale as a SNV (I had to try!) but the other juices that I based it on were good at about 3-4 weeks, so hopefully this will be ready in that time frame, too!

11 Likes