What Ya Vaping / Mixing Today?

I tried baked bread sc at 2% and got a burnt popcorn taste. I was thinking of trying it at 0.25-0.5% after that but have not gotten around to it yet.

1 Like

My single flavor tester was done at 1.5% and on the recipe side of ELR the avg and median mix quantity was 2%. I didnā€™t get that type of a note on my test but I donā€™t have the best taste buds when it comes to picking out those types of underlying notes.

Some of these RF SC flavors have stronger smell than taste. The finger taste test for that recipe above was a lot better than the sniff test. I could taste the fried dough and brown sugar coming through more than in the sniff test. I will start taste testing it tomorrow then wait a few days to a week to test it again and see. Even if not exactly what I was going for I am sure it will be good enough to vape, or mix with one or more of my 19 other testers (18 RF SC single flavor testers and the other recipe above) I have steeping to make it more vapeable.

If I have to change the percentages in the next test no big deal. I am also planning to try a v1.1 with some cinnamon danish or cinnamon danish swirl and/or some sugar cookie. I am not sure if the native american bread I had as kid had sugar or cinnamon on it or not and doing that may make it more of a carnival elephant ear type recipe.

edit to add: the finger taste test of that Vanilla Cheesecake Custard had the same type of change versus the sniff test. The cheesecake was not overpowering the other notes like when I sniffed it after the badger mix.

3 Likes

Mixed this about 4 days ago. Tried it just now and itā€™s pretty darn tasty.

Decadence (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Banana (INAWERA) 0.25
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 1.8
Heaven (Purilum) 2.5
Italian Cream (Hangsen) 1.25
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 5

Flavor total: 11.8%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
6 Likes

I tried my Nine Caranillas today and found it to be pretty nice and comforting (lol, can one say that about vape?)

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1022542/Nine%20Caranillas

Yep, let Christmas come and go :dash: :dash: :dash:

8 Likes

I went Nutty for the night :wink: Hereā€™s my WIP spun them on the mag mixer and are headed off to steep

59 mls and 15/85

Rich Pistachio Shake

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 1
Condensed Milk (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.15
Hazelnut (MF) 0.08
Maple Syrup (FA) 0.18
Pistachio (Flavorah) 0.4
Pralines (Flavorah) 0.15
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.08
Salted Caramel (FW) 2.75
Vanilla Overload (Gremlin) 1.5

Flavor total: 6.29%

Praline Pecan Ice Cream

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 1
Butter Pecan (FW) 0.85
Caramel (FA) 1
Maple Syrup (FA) 0.3
Marshmallow (FA) 1.25
Marzipan (FA) 0.45
Pistachio (Flavorah) 0.25
Pralines (Flavorah) 0.3
Pralines and Cream (CAP) 3.5
Rich Cinnamon (Dilution) (Flavorah) 0.75
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW) 2.75
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 1.5

Flavor total: 13.91%

This one has a 1:10 ratio dilution for rich cinnamon

15 mls made also 15/85

The night would be nutty if I didnā€™t mix SB somethingā€¦

59 mls and 15/85

Quick berry milkshake

Ingredient %
Blue Note (OSDIY) 2.85
Blueberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.5
Cream (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.25
Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Strawberry Milk (OSDIY) 4.3
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 2.25

Flavor total: 13.65%

9 Likes

Whatā€™s WIP

1 Like

work in progress

3 Likes

4 Likes

Mixed up a few 120ml bottles today:

Butterscotch Bread Pudding
12.00% Bread Pudding VG (Real Flavors)
3.00% Butterscotch Ripple (TFA)

Butterscotch Cheesecake
8.00% New York Cheesecake V2 (CAP)
6.00% Butterscotch (FW)
2.00% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
1.00% Bavarian Cream DX (TFA)
1.00% Caramel Original DX (TFA)
0.25% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)

Kingā€™s Crown The King
5.00% Bavarian Cream DX (TFA)
4.50% French Vanilla V2 (CAP)
3.50% Peanut Butter DX (TFA)
2.00% Toasted Marshmallow (FW)
0.25% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)

6 Likes

Rewick day. I rewicked 2 G4s, an OBS Engine, Coil Art Mage and a Boreas. Got them all in front of me vapingā€¦

Tropical Peach
Sucker Punch II
Soho sf 10%
Guanabanango Custard
Strawberry Shortcake Bar

Yumtown USA

4 Likes

Now if you can come to my how and rewick for me lol.

You heard the term they use on UFC - embrace the grind? :slight_smile:

I love rewick day. Used to hate it but when I rewick several tanks at once I will tear them all down, dry burn, wash and rinse, and then put all the parts in a bowl lined with paper towel. Then I tinker with the coils if needed and one at a time, wick, fill and vape. So in 15 mins from start to first puff I have fresh flavor and will enjoy that while I rewick the next one. Lather, rinse and repeat. Itā€™s awesome!

Now, this is for @JoJo When you need to rewick your G4, hereā€™s how I do it.

First, I will run my cotton into the coil from right to left. This will help conserve cotton because if you do it from left to right, youā€™ll be cutting off cotton on the right side of the coil which will just be wasted because you will have to cut from the left side regardless. Hereā€™s what it looks like when I wick -

Once you have all the ends from the right side of the coil tucked in, next simply clip the tails from the left side of each coil as close as you can. Thereā€™s no magic beyond that. Once you wet the wicks you could play with each left side tail to try and make it ā€œprettierā€ but Iā€™ve found it doesnā€™t make a bit of difference. Sorry for the poor picture quality -

Now this is strictly for the 26ga SS build Iā€™m using with 2.5mm ID. If you want to make 2mm ID, then youā€™ll skip the cut tails and actually use the tails on both sides of the coils to stuff into the juice channels. Thatā€™s because the amount of cotton youā€™ll use for 2.0mm wonā€™t fill the channels up, and you really need them blocked off by cotton to prevent leaking. Just donā€™t put in too tight or it will restrict the flow of juice. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Those all look very good! I havenā€™t got a lot of those flavors. Iā€™m thinking a touch of maple might be really good with the sweet potatoes too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thought I would try this tonight. Simple and easy but better then single flavor testing.

White chocolate Strawberry : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1086881/White+chocolate+Strawberry+

0.75% Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors)
2% White Chocolate (SC) (Real Flavors)

Flavor total: 2.75%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/8FJC

4 Likes

Added to my ā€˜to testā€™ list, let us know how it turns out. I have been thinking I plan to aim my RF SC mixes for a total of 3.5% going forward in general. I have a cookies n cream at 2.5% that is quite tasty but I still feel like I want some more flavor out of it. I have some well steeped pumpkin pie, french toast and baklava that I did at 3.5% that I have been enjoying as well.

3 Likes

Cool deal. I appreciate you sharing your notes.

1 Like

I started a thread about some 12mg nic blueberry custard I had, like 240ml of it. 12mg is way too strong so I thought I would cut it 50/50 with VG and itā€™s ok. Vapeable but not great. So I tried a few things and this one worked amazingly.

Taking some ideas from @Skullblade789 recipes

Black honey TPA 1.5%
The blueberry custard 50%
Dark for pipe INW 2%
Kentucky Bourbon TPA 1%
Lemon TPA 1%
Topped the 30ml bottle off with VG

At 12mg I can cut the blueberry custard down to 25% and stretch it out for a long while.

@Lolly came up with an idea to add strawberry. Not sure of how Iā€™m going to do the % yet but thatā€™s next on the list. Maybe a blueberry, strawberry, cotton candy.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to hear more about that white chocolate when you feel itā€™s steeped and all. I really like white chocolatenbut not everyone does a good job of it. Recipe looks great thou !

4 Likes

RF SC White Chocolate is awesome but I donā€™t have anything to compare it to. My single flavor tester was at 1.5%.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you really like it. I have plenty others and some are really good but I am always on the prowl for whatā€™s even better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you Iā€™ll put it on the list !

3 Likes