What's your favorite wire for building coils?

Daaaaamn! :laughing:

1 Like

ROFL! Well you wont be running out anytime soon! I just got a couple more small rolls from amazon because i keep giving it away. Think ive sent out 10 or so envelopes and 50 feet at my local B&M.

Whew!!! Yes Sir that’s alot of coils,LOL. Thanks for doing the math for me, I was wondering myself.

I don’t know anybody locally that build coils. If I did I’d share.

I located some 317L welding wire / GPlat in small amounts from a European company. 50 meters £14.32 shipped to the US. I think that translates to about $16 or $17. I’ll update when it arrives. Here’s the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/products/317L-Grade-Stainless-Steel-Wire---0.35mm--350-Micron---28-AWG--152.html

It’s described as SS317L, But it’s the same as ER317L.
SS317L(ER317L)
• Used in pollution control equipment where corrosion is too severe for type 316L.
• Also used where pitting is a problem in chlorine environments.
• Resists carbide precipitation due to the low carbon content.

Searching for the Ultimate Vapor. Some crazy new twists I’m working with.

Top: Twisted .9 mm flat kanthal wire, then untwisted with 28g kanthal and 28g 317L. I’m tagging this “Brillo Wire”
2nd: Twisted .9mm flat kanthal wire.
3rd: Triple twisted 28g kanthal, twisted with 24g 316L.
Bottom: Clapton Wire

Double twisted 28g Kanthal parallel with 26g GPlat wire.

Tiger coil

This is a new one I call “The Brillo Coil”. 7 wraps, 3mm center, .7 ohms

It glows so bright it triggered the dimmer on my camera. That’s one hell of a 3 wire combo.

3 Likes

I have some 0.4mm Titanium wire coming - Looking forward to building with that!

1 Like

@daath Where did you get it?

I bought it from Greek esmokeguru.com, but German zivipf.com also has it. There is plenty of Titanium grade 1 & 2 on ebay, I noticed - those are probably easier for you to get in the USA! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I located this in the US. https://www.etsy.com/listing/74698735/pure-titanium-wire-100-guarantee

Amazon

and another good deal
http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Titanium-Laser-Weight-Round-Wire-30-Ga-Soft/699500?Pos=1

It’s a little steep (price wise), but priced much better than what I saw on Amazon. Is this the right type for vaping?

1 Like

Both state that they’re Titanium Grade 1 - so both should be good - Grade 1 or Grade 2 :smile:

2 Likes

Thanx daath. Your the man!!!

Ordered 50ft Titanium Grade 1 .50mm from ebay ($10.16 and free shipping). I’ve been reading good things about this wire. Let me know how you like it when it arrives.

1 Like

Wire really matter. Most definitely the best vape I ever had.

Dual Clapton .1 ohms at 65w. 317L wrapped with 32g kanthal. I wasn’t trying to go that low, but it’s crazy vape down here.

2 Likes

I just did a dual classic coil (spaced) 6 wrap with 26g Titanium - came out to 0.28 ohm - in my brand new Goblin! :smiley: It’s awesome! :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

You beat me to it. :weary: Congrats :+1: … I’m so jealous right now. How you like 'em both?

I love both :smiley: heheh

A little downer though: I bought my Ti wire from esmokeguru.com - apparently it’s neither grade 1 or 2 - it’s a titanium alloy - can’t even tell what grade… But it has nickel, aluminium, iron and chromium in it :confused: I am still satisfied with its performance though!

Check it! Feeling lazy?

1 Like

Dang. That really suck. At least you got the Goblin. I wanted to give you a “Like”, but I really don’t like the way it turned out.

Maybe that’s the way to go. Making those are real hard, and if you don’t do it right then you can waste a lot of wire.