What's your favorite wire for building coils?

OK, Thanks.

I read on ECF that Itā€™s only a problem at the melting point. Vaping doesnā€™t get hot enough to give of fumes.

Real cheap on Amazon. They have several gauges and brands. I got TemCo.100 ft 24G for $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-AtomizerWick-Nichrome-Gauge-Resistance/dp/B00TKV8ZRK/ref=sr_1_18?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1424494536&sr=1-18&keywords=nichrome+80

Ive read the same. Consider welders for a moment. Do you know how much of this stuff they inhale? Its a lot thats for sure. I welded daily for years and still do from time to time which is why i had no problem using it when i found out what type of metal it was.

I have some ribbon wire in my stash but havenā€™t use it yet. Any suggestions on a build.?

I keep forgetting to get some and try it. If you do some builds please let us know, seems like it would be a little more difficult to build with.

Look up RipTrippers on youtube or twisted messes, they have both built with ribbon wire but Iā€™m not sure what the coil was called.

1 Like

Thanx, Iā€™ll check it out.

No problem, Twisted messes has built with just about every type of wire I think. He does some crazy builds :slight_smile: Fun to just watch him sometimes.

2 Likes

I concur, he is hands down the most creative coil builder on youtube

1 Like

I finally got some use out of my ribbon wire. I took jzerba2013 advice and checked out a twisted messes video and built a Tiger coil. It came out pretty good for the my 1st try. Hereā€™s a couple pics.
Dual Coil 9 wraps 24G Nicrhrome & .4ml Ribbon Wire on a 3mm Screwdriver. Came out at .3 ohms.

8 Likes

Very nice! Iā€™ve seen the build for that one and it looked interesting. Let us know how it turns out!

1 Like

Man, that looks slick! :smile:

1 Like

Definitely my best build to date. Hits like a beastā€¦ even at low wattage.

Nice, much thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I tried another new build called the Infiniti Coil.

3 Likes

I got the wire in today. I figured the length of 2 lbs. 24 Gauge ER316L Welding Wire.
It weigh .74 grams per foot.
2 lbs. = 907.185 grams / .74 grams = 1225.926 ft.
Thatā€™s a lot of coils.

2 Likes

Daaaaamn! :laughing:

1 Like

ROFL! Well you wont be running out anytime soon! I just got a couple more small rolls from amazon because i keep giving it away. Think ive sent out 10 or so envelopes and 50 feet at my local B&M.

Whew!!! Yes Sir thatā€™s alot of coils,LOL. Thanks for doing the math for me, I was wondering myself.