Where can I buy the old custard with diacetyl?

@Joya, [quote=“Joya, post:1, topic:21161”]
Can anyone tell me where I can get the old vanilla custard WITH Diacetyl in it?
[/quote]

Most places will list the custard as a V1 or have in the description that the flavor might contain diacetyl. The Flavors Apprentice has a Vanilla Custard original with diacetyl. Capella has a V1 vanilla custard with diacetyl; Bull City or Ecigexpress sell it I think.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I knew about the V1 and V2 listings, but it doesn’t say that it has it, so I hesitated.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Your favorite e juice review?:

Continuing the discussion from Where to buy Flavoring:

Continuing the discussion from Is colorless LorAnn's available anywhere?:

HOpe someone sees this. I didn’t want to start a new topic. Can anyone tell me where I can get the old vanilla custard WITH Diacetyl in it? I would like to try it. I’m trying to shop today. Please answer so I can get it now while hubby says okay to spend the $$. LOL. Thanks so much, Joya

1 Like

I started a “Vanilla Custard” topic in flavors for ya.

Don’t ever worry about starting new topics! It’s what this forum is all about…new topics.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/capella-flavor-drops/vanilla-custard-capella-flavor-drops.html

This is version 1 with Diacetyl. Enjoy!

I merged 3 topics into this, perhaps a little confusing, topic ;D

3 Likes

We have CAP Vanilla Custard as well as CAP Vanilla Custard v2 without it. We also have the LA Colorless Watermelon and Banana Cream flavors.

@daath If this isn’t allowed, please just let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

1 Like

Was just going to suggest your store, good thing i scrolled to the bottom before hitting reply. Ive almost got my order list complete.

Joya: Now this is just MY opinion but Vanilla Custard V1 (CAP) is much better than TFA’s old custard. In fact it is the only custard i use anymore. FA’s is pretty good but it is completely different. It is a real European custard whereas VC V1 (CAP) is a vanilla pudding like Americanized custard. Very creamy and rich tasting with lots of mouth feel.

2 Likes

@Joya FA’s Custard has a slight lemon smell/taste to it but I like it quite a bit; especially when mixed with their Classic Vanilla.

You know what though… They have the warning behind a lot of the flavors and none state V1 or V2. I wonder if none of them are actually the V1? Should I just buy from the Capella site to be sure. Also, do you guys know if second - hand sellers dilute the concentrates. Have you compared them?

According to the TFA and Cap sites, the TFA Vanilla Custard and Cap V1 Custard do NOT have added diacetyl. TFA says that none of their flavoring have added diacetyl. Capella specifically says in their description of the V1 Custard that it doesn’t have added diacetyl. They use acetoin and acetyl propionyl, which are related to diacetyl (they are all diketones) but they are not all the same thing. There may be some trace amounts of diacetyl in those flavors as a result of the manufacturing process, but it is not an added component.

Recent information has surfaced that even though FW claims to have no added diacetyl, independent testing has show that that at least their Yogurt flavoring actually does have quite a bit in it. Given that, even what is in FW Yogurt is still about 10 times less than is what is in each cigarette. I don’t know if that means that other FW flavorings also have diacetyl in them.

Some people are concerned about all diketones, but there is no absolute science that says any of them are really a problem for vaping in the qualities of vaping. Studies will no doubt continue.

Yes I did realize about the trace amounts some mention they are created when the chemicals mix together. Last night when I was trying to order Vanilla Custard with diacetyl, Bull City Vapor had warnings on a lot of the flavors, but they didn’t list V1 and V2. I looked at comments people had made and it looked like it was the V1 so I went ahead and ordered it. I wonder if it is or isn’t the custard with diacetyl added or IF I can even buy it from Capella. Oh ya, on second thought, I do remember where the V2 finally did pop up as something else I might like (but it was not listed on the Capella flavors list), and I did order it also. To sum it up, I placed an $80 order at Bull City Vapor and got hopefully 4 oz bottles of both V1 and V2 by Capella. I also go the Lemon Sicilly and Meringue and some others I did not have. Most of my flavors are TPA. I’m up to about 180 flavors now. I’m also stocked up on nic juice. I’m just about out of my mix of Peach Custard. I’ll wait until my Capella custard comes in the mail until I mix some more. QUESTIONS: Why not microwave ejuice to speed up steeping? I just heated a 15ml bottle of Rasberry Colada for 30 second. BOY that was too long !!! It boiled over and was steaming. Of course it was a glass bottle and I removed the dropper/lid. I’m testing it out now. Hmmm. My taster is broken this morning. I’ve already done a go around on each device trying to get a good taste going. Usually I don’t get to that point until late in the evening. Perhaps some toasted marshmellow will revive my tongue. LOL. Can you all tell, I need a friend to talk about these things. Do I seem annoying? Hope not. Again… I really appreciate all the help and encouragement. Wanted to tell you all… Yesterday I learned about how mixes get stronger with time. It’s true! I’m adding some VG to a couple of things in my tanks this morning. Also… for a few days now, I just can’t seem to get a good tart apple flavor. Any suggestions? I’ve tried adding “Bitter Wizard”. I’ve tried adding FA Green Apple. Maybe some acidic acid or salt? Oh and another questions… Does anyone know why or when you would add alcohol to ejuice? I have some grain alcohol in the fridge and I’m wondering what it would do. It’s actually 100 proof moonshine. It’s clear. Well, looking forward to any and all replies. Off to read all the new stuff you have written. Lovely day my friends. Joya

I wouldn’t microwave something with nicotine in it. Consensus seems to be that it can alter the nic content of your juice. I imagine the bottle could break too? Try hot water bath or microwave a bowl of dry rice and stick your bottle in that…probably a safer bet. Here’s a couple of links about steeping if you’re interested. :wink:

As for the tart apple, you might try some Sour (malic acid) or some citric acid (lemon or lime juice). Alcohol is usually used as a diluting agent in high VG mixes from what I can tell.

Thanks. I’ll have a look for next time. Already placed an order.

JoJo, Once again… You are wonderful to be so knowledgeable and provide such good information. I didn’t even think about how microwaving could alter the nicotine. The “Raspberry Colada” is a no go anyway. I don’t love it. It’s okay, but there’s better in my cupboard. Speaking of cupboard, my hubby is out in the garage trying to fix the shelves in my cupboard. I can’t wait to see it. I had someone put shelves in a wooden cabinet for me, but he used wood that was too thick, and my bottles were too tall and rubbing at the top. I’m trying to hide all this right at the coffee table where I sit a lot. I have a bad back and spend a bunch of time sitting or laying here. Can’t wait to get my Vanilla Custard ect order. Hopefully know one will steal this order. I had a thief take my birthday order — a $91 order from My Freedom Smokes I got for my birthday. It’s awful when someone steals from you. What an invasion. I’m still angry every time I think about it.

My pleasure and that is awful!! Did they take the package? Could you contact the USPS or is it the type of thing that once it leaves the hands of the delivery guys it isn’t their problem? I love Amazon for that…they’ll usually comp you if your stuff gets jacked. Sometimes you can alter your shipment to require a signature. If this is a common occurrence you might see if that’s something you could do. I hope it makes it to you as well!! Good luck. :smile:

I did. Oh the forms. I may get reimbursed my $91. Actually it was two pkgs stolen out of my mailbox on the same day. It was presents for my birthday!. The other was worth $19 both vape stuff. I’ll file a claim for that one too. Hope whoever stole my stuff is enjoying it rather than sold it for drugs. I have an idea who stole it, but no proof. That person is going to jail soon anyway. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone and in fact bailed him out. But, at least he’ll be off drugs once he’s in jail and won’t die. Yes, it’s a loved one. Hard.

Can you buy vanilla custard with added diacetyl anywhere? Seems like I can’t. Did I miss the good stuff? Why do just a few people have to ruin it for the majority?
Has even one person gotten sick or died from vaping diacetyl. No, I don’t want all this specific info (although it’s good that people do post specific info for some people who might want it). I just want to try the custard with added diacetyl in it. LOL. Personally, I’ve already read as much as I wish to on it. I even got an email from a company saying they don’t add it to anything. I can understand why. Brother suing brother… I just want to try it. Yes and probably continue to vape it if it’s delicious. Hopefully that is and will continue to be my choice. Maybe not. Maybe I can’t buy it. Is that the bottom line?

Sorry to hear about that. Addiction is tough, as most of us know from our time as smokers. I can’t imagine having to watch someone go through that.

As far as the diacetyl, from what I can tell it isn’t used in any of the flavorings unless it’s in something like watkins or mccormick butter flavoring or possibly Lorann’s since those are both specifically food flavorings. I think what you’ll find is that flavorings we use can contain acetoin, a precursor to diacetyl, and acetyl propionyl, a diketone or the same type of molecule as diacetyl. People have gotten terminally ill from inhaling diacetyl fumes, but they were mostly workers in the flavoring industry. One guy filed a suit and won claiming he got ‘popcorn lung’ from the diacetyl released by microwave popcorn. From what I remember, though, he was eating multiple bags of popcorn every day.

Someone please correct my information if it is wrong!

At this point I don’t think any flavoring company wants to advertise that their product has diacetyl in it. There’s the bad press as well as litigation possibilities. Like mentioned, independent testing showed that the FW Yogurt had some, so it’s possible their Vanilla Custard or others of their flavors also have it. The main bad thing with FW is they explicitly told people their flavorings didn’t have it, so they got caught in a lie. Companies that sell their juices and label them as diacetyl free are now at risk themselves because of those lies. Also recent testing by Vaporshark of the flavors they sell showed a bunch of juices with it in it, so there must be some raw flavorings that contain it. Not sure how to figure out which ones without doing testing, which is expensive. TPA is very open about which of their flavors contain acetoin and acetyl propionyl. I think they taste much better than their DX (diketone-free) versions. Some people say that Chinese flavors may have it, and maybe even some other foreign countries, where they may be less inclined to be influenced by the wave of ‘concern’ going around in the US. [edit: one company that Vaporshark claims has diacetyl in their juice claims that is false. See their response here: http://www.cyclopsvapor.com/blog/diacetyl-and-acetyl-propionyl-reports-from-vapor-shark]