Where to buy Flavoring

@ryan8five0, perhaps I will try the Cap v2. I’ve tried the TFA vanilla swirl and it’s not doing it for me. When they say they have taken out the custard notes in the description, they weren’t kidding!!! No buttery, custardy note of any kind. Very disappointed. I just use it for the vanilla factor. So, you feel there is a buttery, custardy notes to the Cap v2?

Yeah I have found TPA Vanilla Swirl to be more handy as a mixer and not a base in my recipes. Adds good depth to a flavor, but doesn’t make anything ‘custardy’ at all. The CAP V2 does have buttery, custard notes in it. It’s not as heavy as V1, which is really buttery and peppery to me. Like I said, if you are trying to rid the diketones, the CAP V2 is going to be the best option. I have 2 ADV custards I use V2 with and have tried them with V1. The flavor is identical, but my best interpretation of comparing the V1 to the V2 is that the V1 is just a heavier custard than the V2, if that makes sense.

@ryan8five0, I’m slowly leaning towards ridding my mixes of diketones, but I don’t see the situation of having >1% of the stuff in my juice as a huge thing. I eat lots of red meat, cheese, eggs, drink tons of coffee and whole milk and I practically can’t exist without 2500 calories of carbohydrates in the form of bread in my daily diet. I’ve weighed 165lbs. for as long as I can remember; don’t drink or smoke anymore. So, this diketone thing is reeeeeally on the back burner for me until some hard scientific evidence hits the scene. But, it’s good to do some research, flavor-wise, to see what folks think.

1 Like

The whole diketone thing isn’t really a big issue at the moment, only time will tell. The best flavors have diketones in them imo, they pop more. I have steered away from them, but recently haven’t cared much. 2 of my ADV are diketone crazy, but like I said, the flavor is so, so good. I have had luck with other flavors without any diketones as well, so I keep those that I really liked in my ADV rotation too. Flavor is all opinion based so it just depends on what you want to vape.

1 Like

I’m a (any type) tobacco flavor fan, so having that nice buttery, creamy and custardy quality that’s lingering in the background to smooth things off is one of those things that I can’t do without. I’ve never really noticed a peppery taste with TFA vanilla custard. Perhaps after the two or three weeks of steep time, that goes away. The FA custard is just way too lemmony for my taste. So, I’ll put the Cap v2 on my next round of vape mail and see if it can sway me to get off the diketone soup mixes; just in case that scientific proof does hit the scene.

So, I updated the Flavor Warning List last night - added loads of TPA to the list… Boring work - there were many more than I expected!

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t realize so many had acetoin in them

Thanks Lars for doing it. Very helpful.

Yes thank you !

Very Much appreciated @daath :pensive: While it may seem upsetting to have a larger list to view, it is ultimately for our own knowledge. You are making strides in decreasing, simply stated, our ignorance concerning flavorings. We all still have every right to use them, and their ingredients should be divulged. (The word ignorance doesn’t imply stupidity, actually the opposite if you’re attempting to gain the knowledge)
So thank you for taking your time to update us all as much as you can. :sunglasses:

1 Like

daath, are you absolutely sure that the Signature Flavor brand on Ecigexpress is actually TFA flavors? I’m looking at their reviews and the Signature Watermelon is highly rated on Ecigexpress…

1 Like

To be honest, I’ve no idea - I haven’t tried any signature flavorings, but the general consensus is that it is rebottled/rebranded TPA. Everyone I’ve talked to says the same…

1 Like

I’m 95% sure they are TPA flavors, but I’ve never asked them point blank. I have the signature watermelon and it’s okay, but not super special. I don’t trust the reviews on that site as much as I trust the ratings on ELR, but that’s just me. Take it FWIW.

1 Like

Ok then, what watermelon do you use. All I’m looking for is a true watermelon taste and no requirement of sweetening. Not asking for much,eh.

I also need the same characteristics but for a honeydew flavor

1 Like

Not sure I’ll be of much help…haven’t mixed much with the watermelons I have. I have Signature from ECX which I believe is TPA, LA, and Cap’s Sweet watermelon. I used the ECX watermelon in the 6% Tiger’s blood and it’s okay. I tried my own using both TPA and CAP. Could be the coconut or strawberry, but something in it was a little plasticy to me. I’ll let you know if I come up with anything more decisive.

2 Likes

I have proof! ECX just sent out an email for 40% off Signature (TFA) flavors. :smile:

3 Likes

I agree. I tried the TPA Watermelon and then got Capella. Neither have enough flavor or excellent taste. I tried mixing the two and I tried adding Rainbow Drops by TPA. I also tried adding Sweet & Tart Candy by TPA and of course a drop of strawberry. All this and still no satisfaction. As for HoneyDew. The TPA Honeydew is in the garbage. The Capella Honeydew is okay but not great.

2 Likes

Joya ! I’m going to your house to go get that TFA honey dew lol. Jk. I do like it a lot but not that much ! Try LA watermelon and cap’s together. More cap’s than LA or if you have FA mix it with the LA.

1 Like

I’ll have to order them. All I have is TPA and Capella Honeydew and both in Watermelon. What about Virgin Vapor? I haven’t tried any all natural flavorings. Have you tried any? Anyone? Are all natural flavorings any good. Oh and we might as well add Blueberry and Cherry to the “I Would like something better List”.

You know what we should do is send samples to each other or help eachother more some how. I’m a willing participant. A true believer in if you give then you get back 10 fold. It’s true, you know. I need to shut up and step up and do what I should on this site before I do this big talking. I haven’t even submitted a recipe yet. Well, perhaps that is not my nitch. I’m sure I’ll find it. I do have a weird idea. And I guess I’ll blurt it out today. It’s been on my mind for ever. I’m a jewelry maker (hobby). I have tons of beads. People are making all kinds of coils. What about glass beads in coils? I wonder? I could sure make some fancy ones. I’m going to try it, and when I do, i’ll let you guys know what happens. Talk about holding juice. Talk about insulating. Talk about flavor. Hmmm. I wonder if anyone more electrical knows of any roadblocks. ???

2 Likes

Joya you are cray cray ! I love it thou beads on your coils !!!

I haven’t tried any virgin vapors idk if I’ve really even looked into them honestly.