Which coconut is the best?

Off topic, but what coconut do you use and how do you like it? I can’t seem to find a true tasting coconut flavoring.

Did you try Flavour Art? :smiley:

1 Like

Currently using TPA coconut.

I’ve also got coconut extra on order to try.

My sister loves the coconut/Bavaraian cream recipe we created for her.

It’s in my recipes as Mels Coconut Cream if you wanted to try it.

The TPA coconut is quite nice IMO a little weak though.

Most mixes where I use it I have to use +8% even in mixers.

My sisters recipe is around 11% coconut.

J

1 Like

I have and must say its the closest thing I’ve come across yet. Perhaps coconut is just one of those flavors that’s hard to simulate in a flavoring? Perhaps I’m not using enough in the mix or clouding the taste with other flavors in the mix. I haven’t tried the FW yet; maybe that has more kick than FA. Just got in some TPA coconut candy, but haven’t done a trial solo mix quite yet; got my fingers crossed it’ll be good.

I have it, but haven’t evaluated it yet, but Coconut Extra (TPA) is supposedly ok.

I hear Flavorah’s Coconut is good as well? Maybe @redruffensore can chime in on that?

2 Likes

Thanks for the move. I knew that off topic subject was going to get out of hand really quick.

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: It occurred to me when I was typing my second reply :smiley: hehe

3 Likes

I have Cap, FA, and TPA. I’ve used the Capella the most and am pretty happy with it. I haven’t done much with the FA or TPA yet since they’re new acquisitions, but I’ll let you know how they work out. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Earlier I said haven’t tried the FW coconut… I meant to say Capella. I’m starting to lean towards Capella for certain flavors more than I have in the past.

3 Likes

@Amy2; how do you feel about the TPA coconut candy?

1 Like

I cant say i like coconut anything but my wife does. She likes Coconut (LA). It was the first one i got for her and she told me i need not look any further. As with most LA flavorings she says it is very candy like.

2 Likes

It’s decent. Probably would say it a 4/10 not true coconut d/t the candy esque behind it. Capella’s is probably the best I’ve had this far. TPA is weak, LA weak even generic wal-Mart brand ( forgot the name ) weak. I have not had the TPA coconut extra there’s some good recipes out there w/ it in it .

Piña colada v2 cap it’s good I use it around 3-4% nice coconut with hint of fruit.

2 Likes

As for which coconut is the best I’ve only used TPA COCONUT and TPA COCONUT EXTRA.

The EXTRA is far stronger than the normal.

I make the REDDIT clone from @daath SNAKE BLOOD as its my ADV and I’ve made this with both the normal and the extra.

The extra uses 1.5% and is really noticeable in the recipe.

When I use the normal I’ve gone up as high as 4% and still can’t taste the coconut like I can with only 1.5% of the extra.

So for now until my flavours list increases in saying the EXTRA.

J

2 Likes

Once again, another Capella flavor has been touted to surpass all others (ie vanilla custard); I’ll be adding their coconut to my next shopping list. Thx.

1 Like

Lemon sicley isn’t that strong nor is cake batter or orange cream from capella’s but as far as taste goes they all are very very good!
I am starting to move away from their vanilla custards 1&2 probably more out of boredom and need new tastes I’ve been working with their simply vanilla for a little while. It is an acquired taste not the typical vanilla and I use it at lower % 's I think Ken said he liked this one too. Not many ppl like it.