18650 help please

Hi some of my 18650 are two years old and they are not holding their charge as good anyone recommend a good brand to go for please

1 Like

There’s several. For me it’s LGHG2.

4 Likes

LGHG2’s are great if you vape say 60W or less. Great battery life. If you vape high wattage, mech mod or use replay Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC5A’s will give you better constant current.

6 Likes

60w or less

4 Likes

What the ogre said…

1 Like

I’m gonna parrot @SmilingOgre and recommend the VTC5A’s. It’s what I’ve been using for the last two years and they are great. I tend to chain vape at around 45 to 65 watts and find that the VTC5A hold up a little longer than VTC6 or Samsung 30Q’s.

4 Likes

Hey i vape at around 114w-120w

1 Like

Yup… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I believe it’s the only brand that says they’re good for use in mods. All other brands have a tendency to turn their back to vaping…

4 Likes

@anon28032772 I’ve seen these being sold at a real good price at a vape shop and been told they are really good but the cheap price put me off thinking they can’t be that good at that price have you tried these?

2 Likes

Eh … you won’t find much better. They used to be on the expensive side, the price has dropped a lot.

3 Likes

Sorry @Englishguy …forgot you were U.K. based. Go with @anon28032772 :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you now you have made my mind up im going to go for it thanks Suomynona

2 Likes

@anon70102222 @paingawd @SmilingOgre @Kinnikinnick thank you for your help

4 Likes

I have… very happy with them. They seem to have a much longer ramp down time than most 18650’s I’ve used (ie Samsung, LG etc)

2 Likes

Either the VTC5a or the Moicel if you want to pay for that.

3 Likes

I have two set of fog star 18650

1 Like

And 4 sets of samsung

1 Like

Last time I checked they were £6.80 at fogstar… was a little bit too high for me so no, I haven’t tried them but I follow Mooch and it’s one of the top recommended batteries by him. His tests show they keep up with the best.
At this price though, I won’t have to think twice about getting some next time.

2 Likes

I think ill get them when i get paid next

1 Like