20-22 people linked to health related vaping problems:

I have read and watched a shit load of “interpretations” of CDC recommendations over the past couple days watching committee hearings and such. I heard nothing accurate. Here is what I found from the CDC. Note the recommendations. Not what is being used in propaganda:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html

3 Likes

CDC is very purposely being speciously vague (buying time, while building-up public/legislative hysteria):

All reported cases have a history of e-cigarette product use or vaping.

Some stats provided for other aspects - save for what is of primary importance:

Some have reported the use of e-cigarette products containing only nicotine.

This is their standard game. In 2016, CDC pulled a shameful travesty in publishing so-called “guidelines for Opioid medication prescribing”. (Years) later, after tremendous damage and harm to many thousands of users and several million pain patients, and after their garbage data and methods have been exposed and rightly roundly criticized, CDC still essentially triples-down on their deliberate lies and very distorted agitprop. These festooned clowns are pompous, ass-covering moral-nanny glory-hogs consumed with themselves and their careers, and have been shown to not give a rat’s ass about anything close to facts (or human life). I have followed their carnage throughout. This is the same powerful juggernaut now coming for Nicotine. :exploding_head:

Folks who hope that a few (or many) “commoners” such as ourselves emoting (no matter how vehemently) on social-media or signing “petitions” of dubious import make a difference against such bellicose armadas of artificially manufactured consent only need to look at recent history. (In the US), CDC/FDA/HCPs have thoroughly screwed ~20 Million chronic pain patients, while at the same time being the ongoing driving force for tens of thousands of avoidable deaths caused by poisonous illicit counterfeits (without any end in sight). Their agitprop/legislative machinery is already well lubricated, and steadily bulldozing ~10 Million Vapers will be an even easier-still target. In fact, they are arguably already “over the hump”, rolling with ever-gathering inertia - out to “save your soul” while emptying your pocketbook, all the while “whistling while they work”. :thinking:

From the (airhead) US Surgeon General’s Boss (Admiral Brett P. Giroir, Assistant Secretary for Health):
https://twitter.com/HHS_ASH/status/1149334372488818690

Get ready for a never ending steady stream of pseudo-psychiatric garbage about Nicotine “addiction”. That’s the moral-nanny brand icing on their counter-factual pseudo-science bullshit cake already well on its way in baking to a solid mass of disinformation. “It’s about the children, and summarily infantilized adults”.

One cannot help but muse about how these weenie-toad rat-fink jive-turkeys might look “after the blast”:

:nerd_face:

3 Likes

My point is that in the “hearings” that I watched the cherry picked “experts” claimed the CDC considered smoking no safer than vaping. These claims are obviously in opposition to what the CDC published. More lies, that’s all. Lies, layered on lies, layered on more lies.

4 Likes

You mean the other way around (vaping no safer than smoking) ?

3 Likes

Interesting turn of events…hmmm. :thinking:

And WTH is this?
"The companies said they would focus on the launch of their own cigarette alternative in the U.S., a heat-not-burn device called IQOS. Unlike Juul, IQOS has been reviewed and authorized by the Food and Drug Administration. "

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for the link which also brought me to a youtube video @MisterSinner posted back in May. Once again the MSA is mentioned and just reinforces why all this misinformed media hype against flavored e cig vaping is happening.
Seems to me the changing of the guard there at Juul is a power play and setting up to sell their “tobacco only” product whilst annihilating all their flavored e cig competitors.

3 Likes

I was pretty shocked when I saw this article in the local newspaper. I never expected to see a positive article on vaping in the backwards state I live in. It’s a shame the opinion isn’t wide spread. Sorry for the image… I couldn’t just copy/paste the text :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Had something similar in the paper here. Of course it’s OPED not in “the news” section.

5 Likes

CDC (September 27, 2019):

The latest findings from the investigation into lung injuries associated with e-cigarette use, or vaping, suggest products containing THC play a role in the outbreak.

• CDC has received data on substances used in e-cigarettes or vaping products in the 30 days prior to symptom onset among 514 patients.
    • About 77% reported using THC-containing products; 36% reported exclusive use of THC-containing products.
    • About 57% reported using nicotine-containing products; 16% reported exclusive use of nicotine-containing products.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html

16% ( ~1 in 6 cases ) is not insignificant. Of course, who knows how data has/is being distorted by CDC - and/or patients in states where Cannabis products remain criminalized may (in some cases) have (quite understandably) withheld admitting their (possible) use of Cannabis products (as to do so would be self-incriminating). There does not meaningfully exist a “physician/patient private confidence” (these days) surrounding drug use. We can all thank the hysterical and universally failed “War on Drugs” for that one.

Washington Post (September 27, 2019):

Most vaping-related lung injuries linked to marijuana products, CDC says

1 Like

I have a very hard time believing that USA Center for Disease Control doesn’t already know exactly what is the common ingredient/additive/compound, AND the exact physiological mechanism causing these acute cases of extreme pulmonary/respritory failure able to cause death in a relatively short period of time. Come on people! You should now have dozens of actual samples if not hundreds by now. You should have already reproduced the failure on a pig by now and reduced the true harmful component, definitively ruling out the components that are not playing a role in the illnesses. This really seems to indicate that the CDC has devolved into a non-scientific beuracratic puppet. If by chance any one of you happen across my message I challenge you to stand up, stick your pencil neck out of your comfortable beuracratic shell and expose the bullshit going on behind the curtain. Better yet, use your friggin scientific talent for once and couple that with your political bullshit skills (you surely must be well educated in) to get to the truth. The true cause, and the true cover-up and shout it out to the world as loud as you can. Expose all of the greedy stupid people that are killing people and the greedy egotistical assholes that enable further harm, deceit, and collusion all the while getting rich off of the blood of real people. Maybe (most likely) even their own Mother, brother, child and neighbor.

\<end_of_legitamate_rant>

10 Likes

We need a whistle-blower here, any takers?

4 Likes

I fear that there’s “nobody here but us horn-tooters”. The CDC very likely does not read this internet forum.

Duty bound Uninformed Medical Officers duly power-chugging the Collective Therapeutic State Kool Aid:

We must trust the checks-and-balances of our chain-of-command to protect
and guide us. This strengthens our relationships with our co-workers, our
superiors, our agencies, and ultimately with the Commissioned Corps.

Source: https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.coausphs.org/resource/resmgr/frontline/2018-03_coa_newsletter_v7_fi.pdf

4 Likes

As my posts have discussed/referenced, with regards to other deranged socio-political inquisitory rituals.

New (molecular) scapegoat, but the same old faces running an already well honed disinformation game. :thinking:

2 Likes

But how do you really feel?

2 Likes

bitmoji-20190927103923

6 Likes

Emergency Pulmonary Syndrome Invention Police Farce:
Special Operation Mango-Mint - Lock Up Your Daughters

The Numbnut Ninny Nicotine Inquisition

The Trials and Ritual Persecution of the Flavinoid Peoples

Dark Night of the Glycolic Base Purges

By Ethanol, Tobacco, Guns, and Glory we Proceed in Idiocy

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Now Jim just take a deep breath and repeat the pledge:

I pledge allegiance, to nebulous safety and the illusory security for which it stands. One cowering nation, under the police state, with safety for the children and justice for none.

Big Brother may have to take you to room 101…:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

The CDC continues to insist that we have no idea what is causing this “mystery illness” and that “no single product” has been identified that explains all of the cases. This statement, which violates basic principles of epidemiological outbreak investigations, is the single communication that has confused policy makers and the public and hindered the ability of state health agencies to issue appropriate recommendations to the public to actually curtail this epidemic of life-threatening respiratory failure.

Contrary to what the CDC seems to be insisting, this outbreak is not going to be solved by identifying a single product common to every patient. Like all outbreak investigations, it is going to be solved by identifying a type of product that is common to an overwhelming majority of patients. And frankly, we already have that and it’s called marijuana. There is just far too high a proportion of case patients who have admitted to using THC or CBD oils for this to be merely a coincidence.

why aren’t the CDC and in turn, state health authorities issuing very clear warnings to the public to stop vaping marijuana, especially THC vape pens or vape carts that are purchased on the street? It’s because the CDC keeps repeatedly issuing the irresponsible mantra of this botched investigation: “No single product” has been linked to all cases.

for a youth to admit that they were using illicit marijuana vaping carts purchased off the street from drug dealers could have substantial consequences, not only legal ones but stigma-related ones as well as affecting their relationships with their parents.

… The CDC itself admits that about 80% of the outbreak patients admit to using THC oils. My count from media reports puts that figure closer to 90%. How high does that proportion have to go before the CDC issues a clear recommendation not to vape THC and stops undermining its own findings by emphasizing the failure to find a common product in every single case? Apparently, it’s 100% before they will take the appropriate actions and enable health authorities to put an end to the tremendous morbidity and mortality this outbreak is causing. …

… The CDC has been insisting that a small proportion of cases have occurred among patients who did not use THC. The truth is that they have no way of knowing that. Unless the patients have been tested for THC, it simply cannot be said that cases have occurred among patients who only used nicotine-containing e-liquids. This is why I believe it is so irresponsible that the CDC has repeatedly given the impression that it knows that a substantial proportion of cases do not involve THC. They actually have no way of verifying their contention that “no single product” ties together all the cases. It is entirely possible that a single product - marijuana and counterfeit vapes - does tie together all the cases.

… why the CDC is failing to recommend THC testing of every case patient. There is no legitimate public health justification for this failure. The only explanation is that the CDC does not actually want to tie all the cases together by detecting marijuana use in a large proportion of patients who reported using only nicotine-liquids because that would let legally sold, store-bought nicotine-containing e-cigarettes off the hook. The CDC’s actions tell me that they actually desire to be able to tie these cases to traditional e-cigarette use. They are apparently going to hold out as long as possible before admitting clearly that THC carts are playing a major role in this epidemic.

… The CDC’s irresponsibility is perhaps best demonstrated by the testimony of a CDC deputy director at this week’s Congressional hearing. She testified that one possible cause of the outbreak is something about the act of vaping itself. In other words, she testified that something about the process of vaping itself may be causing this outbreak, rather than the specific products that are being vaped.

Sorry - I hate to have to use this type of language but my conscience does not allow me to express it any other way:

This is complete bullshit.

People have been vaping for the past 12 years without any problems. Millions of smokers who quit smoking by switching to vaping have experienced dramatic improvement in their respiratory health, not rapid progression to respiratory failure. The act of vaping is not causing this outbreak. It is something in the e-liquid or that results from the heating of the e-liquid that is responsible.

Source: The very informative to follow, always prolific Epidemiologist Dr Michael Siegel (Sept. 27, 2019):

CDC’s Failure to Demand Urine THC Testing of All Outbreak Patients is Inexcusable and is Putting the Entire Nation at Risk

4 Likes

Yes Jim I believe that you are absolutely correct and well said. I think they’ve known for months and instead of taking action are playing these linguistic machinations to facilitate an orchestrated take-down of the entire industry while leaving cannabis and tobacco their cash cows.

Whistleblowing is a very, very dangerous thing and few ever proceed due to the destruction of themselves and their families. They lose their jobs and are occupationally blackballed. They lose their homes and are financially destroyed in many other ways. And they often lose their families and their very lives are taken. But occasionally some will step up and occasionally someone will “win” but only as a token case to perpetuate the illusion that the laws prohibiting this shit are working. They’re not.

Nevertheless I think you’re on to how this crap can be exposed by establishing a timeline of what they knew and when they knew it. Maybe some people will step up and clandestinely release that information; or a combined and concerted legal effort can compel it. Due to privacy “laws” I think that would need the cooperation and involvement of the families of the dead.

3 Likes