22mm single coilers.... I'm in love šŸ’—

I believe in unicorns:

See whatā€™s on sale right now.

6 Likes

Damn, good find!

4 Likes

After your recommendation I had a look at some reviews for the artisan, and decided I needed one in my life! :grin: I found one for the princely sum of 14 British pounds and it is currently winging itā€™s way to me :smiley:

Edit
Ahhh dont tell the mrs!! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Where was that from MrMatt? Might have to jump on that bandwagon :rofl:

4 Likes

https://www.thefogworks.co.uk/envii-artisan-rta

From these guys, not used them before and they only have the gold in stock but at the price I couldnā€™t say no!:grin:

3 Likes

The Fog Works are great, Iā€™ve used them a few times. Unbelievable bargains now and then.
Sadly I couldnā€™t live with a gold tank so Iā€™ll maybe look elsewhere.

6 Likes

Hahah I did wonder whether I could or not but Iā€™m planning to only use it at home :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

As far as 22mm single coiler RDAā€™s are concerned my favourite is the Coilart DPRO Mini.
I love a restricted DTL vape and all of the others that I tried were far too airy for me even the Hadaly with the airflow almost closed but this one is perfect and the flavour is top notch no matter what I put in it. It mostly sits on my HotCig RSQ squonker and they are a great little setup with just a small fused Clapton coil running at 20-30 watts. Iā€™m thinking of getting a Haku Venna next as I fancy trying one out but Iā€™m in no rush as Iā€™m happy with what I have now.

5 Likes

OK Brother Louie. Iā€™m taking your word for itā€¦

Me too. I thought I was a unicorn once, but just mixed up my meds. A story for another timeā€¦ Anyway, thanks for the great find. Bought a rose gold to sit on a bronze Katana.

8 Likes

I didnā€™t care for it. I donā€™t agree about the Elder Dragon suppressed bakery comment above either lol. We all use different juices and like different atomizers which is fine. I donā€™t like getting into ā€œWhich is betterā€¦ā€ arguments/debates. Whatā€™s best for me might not be for others. Iā€™ve yet to find another RDA that beats the Elder Dragonā€™s performance. The Tauren Solo came close but I really donā€™t like the way it squonks.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s fascinating how some people can detect things like that. Iā€™m not saying they are incorrect because we all have different vibes. But the only thing I can ever tell between attyā€™s is whether they seem to produce more or less flavor or vapor than others. In a lot of ways Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not quite that sensitive, to be honest.

12 Likes

Just out of interest @louiesquared what type of build/setup do you run in your artisan? I got mine a couple of days ago and have watched a few setup videos and run through a couple of different coils builds and setups but so far Iā€™m not wowed by it, itā€™s my first proper bottom air flow rta, and after hearing everyone rave about bottom airflow maybe my expectations were a little high. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a total flop there is flavour there and the flavours good it just seems a little distant and makes me want to up my mix %, which I know to be good Iā€™ve tried it on my RDAs single and dual coil and in my Zeus x. Anyhow prob to much info like I say I was just wondering what coil types/placement you use in it, so far Iā€™ve tried a couple of different clapton builds, I even tried twisting one so it sat more over the main air holes in the deck bit that just twisted the wicking and cause a bit of s leak :crazy_face: I havenā€™t done any simple wire builds yetā€¦

5 Likes

I run either a dual core fused Clapton 26g wrapped with 36g or a triple core 30g wrapped with 40g. All SS316L. 3mm or 3.5mm inner diameter. I dont count how many wraps, I just make it the right width to fit the holes. I place it about 2mm above the deck. I get a warm and dense vape between 35 to 45 watts.

Excuse the dirty coil. I need to clean and re-wick. This is a tri-core 30/40 at 3.5mm ID.

7 Likes

Awesome thankyou @louiesquared. Iā€™ll have a bit more of a play, it is a quirky little beast and I do like it just need to find the sweet spot for it. Thanks again! :+1:

7 Likes

Here is a better shot.

9 Likes

Nice and clean :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thanks, Iā€™ll have another crack once Iā€™ve made some more wire at a bigger diameter and raise it up a little, the vid I saw he had it right down low so thatā€™s what I tried and maybe try a different flavour :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I feel like the longer I have been vaping the more sensitive to all sorts of things I have becomeā€¦I used to love FW blueberry at like 3-4% in recipes, I donā€™t think I have used it over 1.5% in a year thoughā€¦

I notice all kinds of weird atomizer stuffs, when I get a new atty I run about 10 different recipes through it before I have a solid opinion that works for me, like the vandy vape phobia V2, I tried it with several flavor profiles and wasnā€™t very impressed, custards tastes good but everything else was very muted or ā€œwatered downā€ tasting, then I tried Smokeyā€™s twisted fried pretzel recipe in it and itā€™s the best atty I own for that juice for some reason.

I also look for this kind of stuff lol I donā€™t know many people who will spend 30 minutes comparing two identical rdaā€™s with identical coils but different coil positions just to see what happens lol, I like tinkering with minutiae though.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s me as well.

I donā€™t remember how long it took (I know it was more than a couple weeks) before I found what it took to really make the Theorem come to its full potential.

But when I found the right coil size, and placement, it was an eye opener (night and day difference).

I will say though, some are easier to nail down than others out of the gate. I think those are the ones that most people tend to gravitate towards.

Admittedly, I tried the Reverie recently (thanks to a kind soul here), and while there a several positives to it, it was beyond annoying to me to try and wick a vertical coil in that particular atty (even with the base removed).

I try to be mindful of the previous lesson learned though. :wink:

8 Likes

Now I wish I would have tried a little harder before I gave that one away. I tried a little and just could not see why the Theorem was getting so much love. I was literally about 30 seconds away from flinging it into the trash can when my buddy said, ā€œIā€™ll take itā€.

4 Likes

I just ordered a Vitamin Styled RDTA from FastTech @USD 3.85. Should get it by end Sept 2020. If anyone wants to check it, the SKU 7349701. Sorry, I donā€™t know how to attach/ upload the photo/ details.
Regards.

3 Likes