2nd time building coils WHEW

Those of you who build coils, hats off to you. That is work!!

Built a fuse Clapton. 2 SS 26g wrapped in 1 SS 36g. Tightly wrapping the 36g around is tough.

Have a drill, vice, my alien magnifiers, swivel, nylon pliers, all pictured. What can I do/buy to help make coil building a little easier/better?

16 Likes

@Kamara idk about thicker gauges… but u probably wanted to get a CoilMaster kit…, it works great for starters @ 24AWG!

6 Likes

Or… all I could suggest is to research some YouTube videos on coil building…
Edit: my ol’ lady got me one for Christmas & I built a couple, but couldn’t get the resistance I wanted…, so I thought… maybe a different gauge wire? Idk;(…

8 Likes

I have one :rofl:. I have made simple ones no problem. But decided to venture into making fused and this is where I get hung up on.

5 Likes

I have watched numerous videos. I get it takes practice but dang it wore me out. Wrapping the thinner gauge stinks, not perfect. I vaped my last ones and they vaped just fine. Unfortunately I like perfection :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

It’s out of stock right now but this thing is the BEAST! Make your dual core claptons in a heartbeat.

8 Likes

I’ve seen it done in videos with a drill with ease…, idk tho…, sorry I’m not much help here;(…

4 Likes

On your edit, I don’t remember what the resistance came out to on my last ones and I have since changed my coils. I’ll update on these once I change out tomorrow as they should be really close to my first set.

4 Likes

Yea that’s what I’m talking about, they make it seem so easy. And sure I know it takes practice. Just hoping for some small tips to make it a tad easier. I definitely appreciate your input.

5 Likes

Now that definitely looks like it would help me!!

6 Likes

put 2-3 of those swivels together. you on FB ? = coil wars.

i have made 2-3-4 core claptons. the 2 cores are easy. 3-4 cores, not so much. but not terrible. get some Lego’s ! only need a few.

Stagered Fused Claptons, SFC’s are a nice vape, perhaps the best of the simpler. but are not as easy as claptons.

6 Likes

Yea I’m on FB but I don’t visit too often. I just requested to join. I’ll add more swivels, thanks! Lego’s :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Gotta nail down the simpler ones before I advance.

Don’t get me wrong, the last 4 I made were usable and these as well should be unless I totally screwed up but aesthetic wise not so puffy :rofl: and not as easy as the all the videos I’ve watched made it seem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Oooh - you’re wrapping clapton’s by hand?

That’s… dedicated.

3 Likes

you may have seen pics of what those builders do on CW, but if not :astonished:
but they are plenty happy to advise the newb

5 Likes

Practise, practise, practise… :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:
(it does get easier)

6 Likes

When adding your outer wrap try and sit back with your hand feeding the wrap about 1 foot away from the core. It allows for greater tolerance if you accidentally move your hand slightly. When I started building, my face and hand were about 2 inches from the build. I learned to sit back, relax and once you get going run the drill fast.

4 Likes

Yeah…, mine were getting pretty easy by the end of the roll …:man_facepalming:… lmfao… I figured I’d get a different gauge & try it again…BTW…where is the best place to get big rolls? All I can really find are small ones;(…

3 Likes

Kidney Puncher

4 Likes

looks like you got the basics covered. I added a pasta maker from ebay and it does a great job of getting the twists out and you can adjust the depth so you can flatten them out if you wanted to. Keep doing it, it gets easier.

7 Likes

Are you letting the spool with the beadalong do the work for you or are you holding the spool and leading the wire? Letting the beadalong might get you a tighter wrap, but when making two core fused, you may get more twists in your finished wire and that’s where the pasta maker comes in real handy. Using this method is great for staggered claptons. You just need to add a loop of wire to get the spacing, then fuse them together the traditional way.

9 Likes