A MTL device for 100% vg?

I have a friend that is trying to quit smoking, but he might be having a reaction to PG, so what kind of MTL devices will work with all VG juice?

10 Likes

I use both OG Berserker and Galaxies RTAs that are ok with 90% VG. Would likely be ok with 100% but they are getting harder to find now. The newer Berserkers I am unsure of, but a lot is to do with how you wick them in my experience…

8 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply. Because he is a newbie, is there a device that would work with commercialized coils instead?

6 Likes

Been a while since I used commercial coils. What is he using presently?

6 Likes

It may be worth tryimg to use a sub ohm device and choking down the air flow so it feels similar to MTL …I know its not the same but something like tha blotto , Arbiter etc will handle the high VG and are readily available

7 Likes

Maybe some of the old timers could give you information on ways around the PG issues from way back in cartomiser days. I was sure I heard mixes could be diluted with water or vodka, but don’t have personal experience with that.

Your friend could also try the old trick of creating more flow in the juice ports on the coil using a pin. I have done that in the past and it did help wick heavier juice mixes.

7 Likes

He is still smoking but he occasionally uses his wife’s Vaporesso Xros. He had a reaction (blisters on the roof of his mouth) when he chain vapes juices, so I wondered if he had a PG allergy. He did vape some of my 60VG/40PG juices last night and didn’t have any negative reaction so I wonder if he just did a vaping overload that one time.

8 Likes

Great idea, but since he is trying to quit, his nic levels would be higher to start with, so doesn’t that rule out sub ohms?

7 Likes

I WAS just now reading about thinning juices with water and vodka. I will have to research creating more flow in the coils using a pin, thank you!

5 Likes

Are these all RDL devices? I don’t even know how to change a wick and due to my nerve issues, I can’t.

6 Likes

If your going to be using 35mg or 50mg/ml Nic it will cause concern . Lower the watts and choke the airflow . I thunk 18mg willm be safe as long as hes/she isnt trying to chase clouds.

9 Likes

Yes and i forgot …

8 Likes

The Caliburn can take 90Vg

6 Likes

When I first quit the stinkies and switching to vaping, I was using 18mg nic clove juice on a sub ohm and had bad choking fits. I can’t imagine a newbie doing 18mg nic on a sub ohm now.

7 Likes

One device that i fell in love with is the

This thing can take high vg and has an AFC

9 Likes

Do you have Salt Nic ???

5 Likes

Oh wow! There is a new Caliburn X Pod that I was checking out for myself, but I went with an Aspire Prime X instead. Which Caliburn do you recommend?

6 Likes

Nope, don’t even want to deal with salt nic.

6 Likes

Ive only had the OG and the G…I use them when someine is quitting

5 Likes

Oh no…To each their own it is a great product that allows you to use higher Nic levels without the coughing attacks …I use FB for myslef but mix with Salts for quite a few people

6 Likes