A PUBLIC and Civil Discussion on the Rules

Geez, people today are so fucking touchy.

10 Likes

Ok, you are over reacting here. You were asked a question and you respond like a teenager. The fact is that you do post a ton of stream of consciousness stuff. I believe that most of us don’t really care but for me your insecurity and constant pleads for reassurance is quite tiresome. You don’t have to pout and delete your threads, no one expects that. It is just an attention grabbing move due to your insecurities. Believe me, no one here is going to plead with you to stop deleting your posts.

We welcome new people here but there are expectations for behavior. If those are transgressed then people will be called out. The proper response would then be to acknowledge, apologize and then stop the errant behavior. Or you could just act like a petulant teenager, it’s your choice.

11 Likes

That’s what i meant, the absence of such discussions where we start getting angry or pissed off in some way for nothing.
I’m out of this discussion and will just keep ignoring what i think isn’t worth my attention. Hopefully it goes away :slight_smile:
I know what you mean @natbone and I could give you plenty of examples where I got annoyed about someone but hey, it’s the internet and I think ELR is still one of the best forums around. Maybe because these discussions were never needed, who knows…

8 Likes

okay im home now .here is another 1 cent opinion

don’t get discouraged
no one is trying to discourage you. just having a public and civil discussion. to be honest even i have had the same thought as @Sprkslfly. but then i think this is a new person give her some time. and maybe point her in the right direction of searching before asking . and i have even responded back to you with what your looking for and pointing out a simple search would have gotten you the answers you were looking for .

and honestly responses like this one to @SessionDrummer who is very knowledgeable

will kind of turn people off. when i saw that i was like wtf . Is she calling drummer a sheep?

okay that’s some of my thoughts i had earlier.

now moving on to everyone else that gets itchy and annoyed when they see threads started on some of the same topics over and over. remember these words of wit. posted in this thread

and that concludes my 2 cents . thou i might dig some out of the couch cushions later

8 Likes

Good points.
I’ve got a jar of pennies I need to get rid of. I’m trying my best to die penny-less. Let me know if you need any.

7 Likes

Absolutely @fidalgo_vapes. While there are still pros here, there have/has been a MASSIVE amount of Pro Mixers who have posted, contributed, and taught here. Just massive, and like you said, the amount of excellent, FREE, good information that is already here, some of it posted BY them, still remains.

#BringBack @Pro_Vapes.

6 Likes

Agreed @tartarusspawn, BUT, newer members have to respect that “pointing” without offense, AND, the “pointers” need to remember there ARE newer members here, who may NOT know. Two way street.

8 Likes

4 Likes

@natbone I might have been guilty of that in the “beginning”.

I think one of the DANGERS of having repeat posts on identical topics, is the WORST thing on forums, is people can start to ignore them. These forums are not mine, but I"m a longtime member/contributor, but I have managed large forums before. I always preferred re=activating older threads, as then you ARE incorporating older, sometimes wiser info in WITH the new info.

8 Likes

Thank you very much @tartarusspawn, and I don’t really know what she was saying there. I routinely go out of my way to help anyone, and everyone here, and on other sites, and I’ve been doing it for a while …

6 Likes

I agree with that. I find that searches with too many results are off-putting. You are very helpful on these forums. You need a badge or something. :thinking:

7 Likes

Thanks very much for the kind words @natbone.
I probably have too many already, and the inner child in me wants to drop the #WeDontNeedNoStinkinBadges.

I think the most special one, allowed me to be included amongst this list of people,

4 Likes

I never meant for this to go horribly wrong i apologize for getting ppl the wrong way.

3 Likes

I wasn’t calling drummer a sheep at all I wasn’t referring to anyone just in general. You guys have got me all wrong

3 Likes

Ok this has gotten a tiny bit out of hand im glad I haven’t completely ignored it yet. But I wasn’t calling anyone here a sheep. I meant in general there’s no need for it. I didn’t mean anything by it. Not at anyone on here. I don’t have anything bad to say about any of yous you’ve done nothing but help me.

5 Likes

Don’t let it bother you.

3 Likes

I just read it now after I had already apologized so I really don’t know what you mean.

3 Likes

. Ive apologized theres not much more I can do. I will be more conscious about where I ask questions and search for an answer first. I have never even been part of a forum before this one and it is the best site I have been a part of and I hope all of you can accept my apology as I am very new at this and I never questioned anyone’s ability here I do know alot of you have been doing this a very long time and I am here to learn from all of you.

12 Likes

That’s that then. If someone doesn’t forgive then they have their own karma to deal with. I’m glad you are sticking around. This is the very first forum for me too when I started.

This place has always been a place of cooperation and forgiveness. For those of us who have been here from the start, it can become repetitive but the point is to help people stay off or get off the stinkies.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I’m glad you stayed.

14 Likes

Thx very much! I appreciate that alot. @Dan_the_Man

8 Likes