A PUBLIC and Civil Discussion on the Rules

At my families house that is the norm too. Fart and poop jokes are the norm, even at Thanksgiving diner.

But this aint my house, i just rent here.

6 Likes

Well that there isnt whats happening at all, we are looking for the line in the sandā€¦

11 Likes

I suspect it is the rapid growth that I was not aware of, and the lack of proper staffing levels to maintain civil discourse. I lament that it will become a police state. I see that on the horizon.

5 Likes

Can some please define that, though? (Not picking on a sleeping @Steampugs) Or is it like obscene? ā€œI canā€™t define it, but I know it when I see it.ā€

2 Likes

Fear mongering horseshit. No idea how the fuck you are coming to that conclusion.

Does that make you feel more at ease? :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

That is what we are here to do.

2 Likes

I think if youā€™re taking the siteā€™s FAQ page and check against a lot of the recent threads, youā€™ll see clearly what this whole thread and these changes are about. It is not about becoming a policed site, itā€™s about being a bit more professional, helpful, respectful and to the point.

16 Likes

Keep the adult stuff to the adult room (still awake lol)
Be considerate to the OP when going off topic and realise that they will be getting notifications to all replies on their question,Not everyone appreciates it I guessā€¦

18 Likes

Sometimes you need words that cause reactions to make a point. That ā€œseriousā€ button is a nanny-state idea. ā€œMom, Tommy hit me!!ā€ button.

3 Likes

But we donā€™t disagree on that! I think the demarcation of the thought train currently happening is that some folks understand the need for a little tighter self-policing, and then thereā€™s folks who want to shut it all down.

2 Likes

I dont disagree but i dont go to the DMV and say, ā€œGimme a DL you fuckersā€ and then start babbling incoherently about something else then expect to get a DL.

Thats why we are here, looking for the middle ground.

7 Likes

With 10000 unique visitors a day, that may be a little much to ask, hence the reason for more moderators?

2 Likes

There seems to be a need for a strong correction at this point, I guess? Maybe if staffing level issues were seen and addressed earlier, gentle nudges would have been sufficient? But nothing radical needs to happen. Individuals who cannot contain themselves will be excused, but do we all have to pay with hyper-strict rules now?

3 Likes

? I think I missed thoseā€¦

3 Likes

Where the hell is that ā€œseriousā€ button?!?!?

Iā€™m 100% with you on this! Iā€™m a pretty laid back, goofy guy, so not too much really bothers me. Hell, I know I have said a few things that were far from just tongue in cheek. Language, I really have no issues with, when there is some common sense involved and done with a bit of class (for a real lack of a better word) My only issues, as of late, and the main reason I am not active here as I used to be, is the anger fueled bashing, aggressive undercutting of other members. I have sat back and watched these instances grow over time and I have muted many a thread because of it. I am not saying that itā€™s running rampant, or that itā€™s everywhere you look. All I am saying is ELR used to be 100% respectful, kind and considerate to all members, new and old. This is no longer the case. Itā€™s still a very respectful place but let me tell ya, those instances of disrespecting people, stick WAY out like a sore thumb to me.

I suppose it is to be expected with growth but this is why I back @Pro_Vapes when he says it needs to be addressed sooner, rather than later.

I also want to make it clear that I am by no means saying ā€œThe problem with ELR isā€¦ā€, only that if I had to point out a problem in this wonderful site, that is it for me :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Do i need to break out the face palm again?

And dont think that i dont get your point. Im a hardcore libertarian doing what we do, leaving the emotion out of it and finding the compromise.

5 Likes

Iā€™m leaving the emotion out of it, honest.

But Iā€™m concerned that the emotion is being siphoned out of ELR and thatā€™s troubling to me.

1 Like

And yet you are using wild speculation like we are on a conspiracy site, yes i visit them regularly.

And i do appreciate you showing the outer boundaries.

2 Likes

So I donā€™t think it is hyper strict to ask that someone not post a picture of a half naked woman covered in strawberry sauce in a thread about the best strawberry flavor. Donā€™t get me wrong I totally want to see it, just not in a thread in the general use area.

16 Likes