A Question About Nicotine Solution

I haven’t ordered nicotine solution for almost a year. I always order 100mg/ml. Usually it is a slight yellow color. This time, it is completely clear. It also doesn’t have that nicotine smell. Could this just be higher quality? Or did I get the wrong item?
Has anyone ever gotten 10% nic and had it clear like that? I know it might sound like a noob question but I’m stumped. I don’t have a testing kit. It never occurred to me that I would get the incorrect item from such a large company. I haven’t tried it yet but I did mix a batch of the pre-mix.

8 Likes

Yes clear is what you should get …

8 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes said it best. Good job on finding the right company and product! Nailed it!

6 Likes

Yup. All the nic I have recurved and mix with is clear and smell free.

5 Likes

It’s preferable, but it doesn’t mean that if your nic has a slight hue that it’s not good.
I’ve had both without any noticeable difference between them besides the color.

7 Likes

Mine was always clear, the last order was slightly tinted. Wouldn’t call that yellow, but it works just fine.

The only time I’d be worried is if it arrives dark amber/brown, has a weird nearly fishy smell to it, or tastes just harsh/peppery.

If you bought from a reliable vendor, it should be fine, but could always contact them and ask if in doubt. Since yours is clear, I mean that’s nothing to be worried about in my opinion.

6 Likes

OMG! It has always had a fishy smell, everytime I’ve ordered it. That is the ‘nicotine’ smell I referred to. I thought that is how it was supposed to be. I never thought to describe it as fishy.
I’m excited to try it now.

Thanks for replying everyone. I really appreciate it.

9 Likes

Who sells slightly yellowed, fishy smelling nicotine?
It might be appropriate to identify the vendor as a PSA for people.

5 Likes

Well in my case i it was nude nicotine, but it was just a sample, I’ve requested as I were looking for nicotine. It’s been a while too, maybe a year and a half or even two, can’t remember, I even nearly forgot that I’ve ever gotten a sample from there lol.

Maybe they are better now, idk, I order my nicotine from NR, well in the past I have and just recently gave VT a try, both vendors i never had a issue with, regarding nicotine or it’s quality, for both salts and free base (NR - NicSelect)

3 Likes

My preferred is VT. Crystal clear, 250ml comes in a Cobalt blue bottle. Bought from NR in the past but they always screw me on shipping.

3 Likes

I haven’t ordered from NN for quite some time, their freebase nic has a pinkish hue at least it did last time I saw it (i believe it is due to nitrogen storage from memory).

Nicotine salts I have used usually have a slight brownish tinge to them (have been using nic salts exclusively for about 2.5 years now). These things may explain the colour of the nic (there is of course oxidation as a reason too.)

4 Likes

It was Wizard Labs. Wizard Labs is the only place from which I have bought nicotine. It’s a strange quirk that I have I guess. I will pick a place and buy something then I will order from them every time without shopping around. I do that with everything. Car insurance, nootropics, etc. The first place I pick is THE place and I feel uneasy ordering from anywhere else.
At any rate, I just thought that’s how nicotine solution was supposed to be.
Before I made this thread last night, I sent them an email to ask if perhaps I got the wrong item because it is crystal clear and has no odor. I haven’t checked my email yet. I’m willing to copy and paste their reply (if there is one) if you guys are interested.

I feel like I’ve been missing out all this time now. Seriously, everything I have tried with this new stuff is delicious. Even just single flavors. Kinda makes me sad.

4 Likes

Look ahead from here on out. Look at what will be–not what was, if that makes sense.

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of anyone getting any off color, or fishy nicotine from Nude Nicotine. I have placed numerous orders from them, freebase, and salts and beyond shipping delays, I’ve had nothing but the highest quality from them. I had read about off target NIC being shipped from quite a while ago, and titration tested the freebase, and the batches came back @ +/- 1%. Having purchased and used their standard, Armor 1, 2, and 3 NIC’s none of them have tasted or appeared anything other than clear and/or almost odorless.

To further this point, I went one step further and did an extended shelf life test, after 2 years with Nude Nic’s Armor 2.

3 Likes

Very zen of you

3 Likes

@Asmoday I’m suspecting the darker, less odorless NIC was perhaps oxidized somewhat when you received it. Your other order which was clear(er) and more odorless is not uncommon at all, with high quality, fresh NIC. I routinely receive(d) NIC like that from Nude Nicotine, and @Nicotine_River. If it arrives and it’s not clear (or near clear) and/or odorless, I do not use it, and/or ship it back.

2 Likes

I have ordered from LNW (liquid nicotine wholesellers) which came clear without a smell. I also just got 500ML bottle from LB (Liquid Barn) which was Nic Select and that too is clear and smell free.

I have noticed for the same amount of nic yo could end up spending vast differences in shipping costs, which is just amazing when I have used UPS both times and my first order cost me 20 bucks shiping and the LB order only cost me 17.

3 Likes

I am going to try a new company next time. The inconsistency is disturbing to me.
I was looking at Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. Their prices are good so I’m glad to see someone confirm that they’re ok. I think I’ll try that place next time. I’m all set for PG and VG. I ordered agallon of VG on Amazon from a place called Froggy’s Fog or something like that. They mainly sell supplies for fog machines but their VG is listed a little different. The store states that their VG is “the sweetest in the west” or something. I tasted it the second I got it and their VG is super sweet, clean and doesn’t have the slight chemical-ish taste that I have experienced before. I also got a liter of their PG and it is also good. I am not a big fan of PG though and use 15% or less in my base.
Sorry for rambling. It’s a habit.
Thanks for the tips

4 Likes

I order from Amazon sometimes too, since I have prime and forgot to order vg/pg but need it that day etc. Give essential depot a go next time you order off amazon.

Their vg is actually pretty good, and in comparison to the other vg I get from a other vendor, much sweeter and smoother. I know it’s weird because how sweet vg in general is, but there’s a difference in the products they are selling.

Essential depot of course can be ordered from their own webpage too, but I was just keeping it to emergency Amazon purchases lol.

3 Likes

I got prime too. It pays for itself many times over. A surprising amount of things can be found on Amazon. I have bought a ton of lab glass. I got a 300mm Graham condenser for $24 free shipping. There’s also a selection of chemicals.
I’ll check it out. There is no doubt that VG is different from different places. The Frog juice is so much better than that from WL. It’s nice to have confirmation that it isn’t my imagination.
I have tasted VG that has a slight bitterness or sourness. It doesn’t mean that it’s bad. But it’s better without it. The PG is almost a non-issue since I use so little. A liter will last me a year. But I suspect that i’ll go through a gallon of VG in a couple months.

3 Likes