About To Lose It

Okay, not sure what someone was talking about when they said he was going to save jobs, but I’m ready to blow my lid over this new video of Trump at New Years Eve. He basically said he’s going to take flavors off the market and then bring them back, if that happens he can kiss my vote GOODBYE! You can pull your own opinions from HIS words, but this to me is a HUGE BLOW to flavored vaping and stock up on flavors NOW!

7 Likes

Idk to me seems like the same as before. More so targeted at commercial juice, although it sucks for others not doing DIY and people should be allowed to make their own choices.

I also feel the part about saving the businesses is just him not wanting to piss off more people and more of him covering his butt.

Glad I’m stocked on flavors though

7 Likes

I think DIY will be fine (for now), but there are millions of people out there who have no idea how to DIY. Yes it’s commercial juice he’s targeting.

5 Likes

It kills me when they say they want to save the children. I smoked my first cigarette at 8 yrs old. Luckily I got caught and spanked but how does an 8 year old get a hold of cigarettes?

9 Likes

I’ve been interested to know how many vapers do DIY. I suspect it’s a very, very small number. I have noticed in increase here and at VU of people coming in and saying they want to DIY.

7 Likes

My mom. It was pretty easy to nick her cigs.

6 Likes

Not sure what to believe

8 Likes

Is that the way to save jobs?? Baffles me…
Sorry, ain’t I dumb… saving jobs of the tobacco industry… me silly!

8 Likes

I get that teens will go off and try things with their friends that parents might not see, but if your kid is bringing that crap home? How would you not know that and fix it? Maybe my parenting style is different but I know what my kids are doing and since our house is the hangout spot for their friends, I know what their friends are doing when in my home. I don’t get it. That being said I snuck my first cigarette at 11 went under the house and smoked it and puked. Then I started full time smoking at 16 because it was the 80’s and it wasn’t a big deal back them. We even had smoking areas at my high school.

8 Likes

I know! Greg and Suck My mod both say it’s only going to be on closed pod systems but this doesn’t sound that way? I did lose my cool when I heard the video so, who knows.

4 Likes

I believe he is saying that only certain flavors will be removed for a short time, then reintroduced. But if I have heard right, (not in this clip but read elsewhere) he, President Trump, wants to remove flavors from pods. That is where the main problem is. That is where the so called vaping disease is from. It’s from these cartridges that people are getting off the streets and from non legitimate companies that have chemicals in them that are toxic. It has all been pods.
To tell the truth… in my opinion, to keep kids from vaping they would have to get rid of pods in the US all together. If all they could get hold of was a bigger bulkier mod, something they could not hide, something not stealthy, they would be less likely to buy one. Especially females. If mods were not allowed to be no smaller than 2 inches x 2 inches wide enough for a rechargeable battery (18350 … 2 of them actually if it’s 2x2) and they had to purchase a tank to go with it, they would think twice about starting a habit. It’s easy to spend 10 bucks on a Juul now and then, but to have 120 bucks or more up front for a mod and tank nope… most kids can’t do it…

9 Likes

Same here @authormichellehughes. I don’t understand how so many parents these days don’t know what their kids are doing. I smoked when I was younger too, and when I came in the door one day my Momma knew lol. She said you’ve been smoking! And before I could say anything I gotta smack across the face lol. I was 12.

I made sure I kept tabs on my 3 sons. All 3 can’t stand cigarette smoke. We got lucky there that they didn’t follow suit with my husband and I. And thank goodness they barely drink anything but the rare hard lemonade :slight_smile:

6 Likes

But it’s not the flavours that makes them so immensely popular with kids, it’s the high nicotine content and nobody talks about that.

8 Likes

I had my first at 9. So I hear ya. Got mine from my sister. Caught her in the bathroom on my birthday. She asked me if I wanted to try it. Well of course I did. I wanted to be like my big sisters! (All 3 of them smoked) my oldest sister Becky would blow the smoke in my face and let me sucks it up that way lol but Lisa was gonna let me actually smoke the cigarette! And after I shared it with her she said “Now you cant tell Mom and Dad on me.” That was back in 81. There was no age limit back then to buy smokes. And they were only 85 cents a pack. I used my lunch money and stole em from my sisters. I didn’t start heavy til I was 12. Got COPD now for my stupidity. …

6 Likes

@woftam I couldn’t help myself …

6 Likes

Oh yeah I can see your point there!! 50 mg nicotine to someone who has never even smoked before is crazy to me. I admit there are some really heavy smokers who say they need that really big hit and then they’re good for a while, but I myself can’t do it. My vapor is not glued to my hand all day, but I don’t go anywhere without it. And when I do vape I chain vape, so the high nic salts give me and my husband a headache. We vape 12 nic. 100%VG because of PG sensitivity.
Hubby Vapes more than me, but he smoked more then me too. I was a pack and a half a day, he was 3.

I wasn’t thinking of the high nicotine fix they were getting from the pods, but you are right. I know a lot of salts come in 24 mg or higher… But I didn’t know the prefilled Juul and such came in such high nic levels.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure if they would do an experiment and sell flavoured pods with low nicotine and unflavoured pods with high nicotine content, the unflavoured pods will be the bestsellers.

My sister was a heavy smoker and we discovered that 9mg/ml was too high for her and making her dizzy.
I suppose it differs, even that is subjective :grin: but 50 is ridiculous, it’s just getting high, that’s why it’s so popular with the kids.

12 Likes

I was actually given this site because I want to get into DIY. My local shop is closing :frowning:

7 Likes

Well you’re in the right place @Kockeyedkitty.

8 Likes

I will probably get yelled at… but I took my son around to all of the vape shops popping up in my town… sometimes 2 and 3 times a week. All of the owners knew him. All the customers coming in and out used to ask him if he was going to start vaping… btw… he was 10 almost 11 when the first vape shop opened here, Vapor Realm… He is now 20 almost 21 and still we pop in every now and then.

His response, not coached by me at all… was that he was there to support me. He had no desire to smoke, and vaping is for smokers.

I do believe it is how one raises their kids. Education goes miles and miles for the good.

I also know its that first hit of high nic that hooks folks to vaping… and I agree, small pod like devices, while good, pose a harm, a bad habit for anyone, not just teens. That craving once you pass your 3 days of addiction to tobacco… will always be there… some just do not feel it more so than others… but it is there, its your body’s way of remembering how those 7k+ chemicals made your body feel.

I feel that we should have nicotine caps. where those caps are, is not up to me. But let’s face it… it’s the nic buz that keeps us all coming back.

Day 1 - no nicotine for me… :wink: Peace ya’ll… everyone of us knows what is coming. If you choose to keep your addiction and carry on, stock up… We vape to stop smoking. What do we do, to not have any more addictions, with us vapers still vaping 2,5,10 yrs since we quit smoking? Things to think on.

I can not say for how long this zero nic for me will last, but it doesnt mean I toss the nic out completely. I just want to feel nic free for as long as I can… and there isnt anything wrong with this. :slight_smile:

10 Likes