Account Deactivated, Do you see a reason?

^^ THIS

/10char

6 Likes

Statistics show that every Ā£10 spent in a locally owned shop is worth Ā£25 for the community.
If all vapers spent just 20% in local B&M stores this would preserve this great resource of advice and service as well as keeping the local economy thriving. This behaviour needs to be carried through all retail segments in the community to be effective.
74% of retailers in Totnes in Devon are locally owned independent retailers.
This is the highest percentage for a mid sized town in the UK. The town is both proud and thriving.

4 Likes

This behaviour (deactivation) is a power trip by their moderators, which is exactly why I donā€™t bother with those forums. Hidden agendas, egomania, and an air of superiority is rampant. Iā€™m very happy here at ELR, and some of the subs on reddit. It feels like a genuine community here.

9 Likes

When I was in my local vape shop the last time, I spoke out loud so everyone (about 6 other customers) could hear me and I said something like thisā€¦ Ya, you might save about 5 bucks buying something online, but we need to buys stuff here so our local store will stay open. We need their help and technical support a lot of times. My new friend who works there really likes me as a customer I suppose. One time I offered and did go and get him and his co-worker a burger down the road and they really appreciated it. I did it so I wouldnā€™t have to eat lunch alone. Philip who works there is a great guy. He wonā€™t sell me something just for the sale. If he thinks a better type wire would be best for me, even if they donā€™t sell it, he will tell me. He answers all of my questions and I just LOVE to go there and share information with him. I can also taste ejuices, and yes I go home and make them myself and he knows it. Then I know I made that clone right LOL. Itā€™s mostly enjoyment and a treat for me to visit the shop. Ohā€¦ Last time I went I got a Sigelei Mini and it had bad button rattle. I opened it up in the car after I left the store because it was a Sigelei and I trusted it would have no problems. Well, I stopped at their other store location on the way home to check if that store had any drip tips Iā€™d like. (I like a small bore), and I mentioned about the button rattle problem, and I asked to hold the Sigelei Mini they had on display. It had no button rattle at all, so the salesman told me to trade mine out, and I did. You canā€™t get instant service online! Hope I didnā€™t bore you with all these examples. As for being banned from the site because you own a storeā€¦ Well I donā€™t know the whole story, but perhaps ā€˜rules are rulesā€™. Itā€™s difficult to make exceptions for individual cases. Itā€™s a difficult job to monitor the site, Iā€™m sure, and I trust folks are doing the best job they can. Sorry if that effects you badly. Worst would be if you take it personally.

6 Likes

I know a guy.

3 Likes

; )

/10char

2 Likes

Similar reason I donā€™t buy at Walmart. Iā€™d rather spend a couple of extra bucks at my local mom and pops here in town. Unfortunately, my city has one vape shop and itā€™s staffed by hipster d-bags with an air of superiority. Canā€™t go in thereā€¦Hulk SMASH!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s too bad ring youā€™re a wealth of knowledge and a big part of contributing to others always there to help aid/ assist others in the right direction. I see nothing wrong w/ your post I read it and read it again. I just keep thinking like many others have said itā€™s an egotistical d-move that shows no class.
Why go buy milk when you have a cow stay at home and save gas :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I honestly believe itā€™s the others on that forum that will suffer!!!

4 Likes

We all get him to ourselves! Win for everyone!

7 Likes

ā€¦because it IS a genuine community hereā€¦I definitely found the right place!! (phew!)

[quote=ā€œDamondo, post:30, topic:27553, full:trueā€]
We all get him to ourselves! Win for everyone!
[/quote]ā€¦Except them (hehehe!). Clearly, those losers couldnā€™t tell their arseholes from holes in the ground!..Who needs 'em.

6 Likes

Guys, Gals, just to be fair to ECF they did finally contact me yesterday. Basically if I want to give up my freedom of speech and a bit of my privacy, I can remain a member of ECF. Honestly I have made no decision yet. Iā€™m sure you know which way Iā€™m leaning though. Meanwhile, they can wait for my replyā€¦

4 Likes

Do you get safety for that too? Thatā€™s always included in the give up your freedom and privacy packet.

3 Likes

See, actually this is part of my thoughts. What is done with info provided, and what assurances do I have that my privacy is maintainedā€¦

2 Likes

Usually none and anything they do guarantee can be changed when it suits them, like all privacy policies. You will have to decide for yourself if all of that is worth being a member.

4 Likes

Im still confused by all of this? Freedom of speech for what? Saying you own a shop? Otherwise what makes you any different from another member? Why do you have to give up anything?
Maybe I missed something along the way but based on your original post (to ecf) I dont get it

3 Likes

Yes, and I consider this giving up my right to freedom of speech which as you know is my right as a American citizen and that my friend is on a American Server. I was not trying to sell, just making a point. Itā€™s the principal here, letā€™s face itā€¦

2 Likes

I see absolutely no reason why they would need your personal info ā€¦ I would tell them to piss off!!!

3 Likes

The info they asked is quite tame. I just donā€™t care to tread on thin ice worried about everything I sayā€¦

3 Likes

Then there is those other shops. We have one in town here that sells FastTech sourced clones such as the FT style Aeolus clone and the FT style Mutation X V4 and claims that they are Originals at original prices. Another example is selling the Smoktech TFV4 at a cost of $80 when it can be purchased online for $23. Need more, They once sold 24 gauge Kanthal by the foot only for $5 a foot. This vape shop is one that I refuse to do business with. So if I need something I drive over to another city 30 miles away and purchase from them. Sure Iā€™m paying a higher price than I could get it online from this other shop but at least they are honest and fair and sell originals as originals and what they do sell is at fair prices. The only time I donā€™t purchase there is when they do not carry what I want to try out and donā€™t want to order it in either.

1 Like