1/2 onion finely chopped,
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped,
1/2 stalk celery finely chopped,
1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese,
1 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese,
Salt & pepper to taste

Prepare stuffing mix per package directions,
Remove mushroom stems and chop up about 6 to 8 stems,
Saute garlic, onion, red pepper, celery and chopped stems in remaining butter. Mix into stuffing mix, Drain tuna and add to mix,
Mix in mozzarella cheese and half of parmesan cheese,
Spray cooking sheet with cooking oil,
Stuff mushrooms and arrange on cooking sheet, Top with remainder of parmesan cheese,

Bake at 350 deg. for 12 to 20 min.

(Extra stuffing mix can be frozen)

Don’t let the Tuna scare you, I’ve served these to guests that don’t like tuna and couldn’t tell there’s tuna in them, you can also sub tuna for crabmeat :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I don’t have Stove Top, can I sub in Stouffer’s or would that be a totally different recipe?

3 Likes

Yeah, just check the Expiration Date, otherwise same recipe :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Oh, and maybe check for foreign materials too!

3 Likes

Too many to post, but if you want to have some inspiration for some seriously good and flavorful food, check out https://www.youtube.com/user/caribbeanpot

One of my all time favorites though

It’s so addicting. Not the best in presentation but oh so yummy when it’s made right!

8 Likes

Making this on Tues… seeing how the abc stores, post office and the banks are closed tomorrow… ugg!

6 Likes

Made Pho Ginger and Lime Soup yesterday, just to be different.

Really good. Hubby likes it too. Only changes: Didn’t have any curry powder, per recipe. I used 1 tsp instead of 1 tbs of Cayenne (reviews said 1 tbs was way too much) and I didn’t have any green onion, but I had fresh cilantro, so I sprinkled that on top when it was all done. Yummy. !

6 Likes

Looks great! You have to try it with the curry powder though!

3 Likes

My ex husband and I owned a restaurant for a few years… would have been great if he hadn’t been involved LOL

3 Likes

We have a :medal_sports:James Beard Award :medal_sports:winner in our midst here on ELR!

:fire: @DarthVapor :fire: Please stand up and take a bow! :kissing_heart:

He’s shy… so, give him a second to come out of the kitchen. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

03jTa

6 Likes

Made Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Taters last night for dinner.
Sean was happy. :slight_smile:

Made enough to pack up 5 more meals for freezing. He can enjoy that meal a few more times while on the road.

This is pretty much how I made mine:

7 Likes

Yummy! Looks good! :yum: …just got through shopping for the next week :confounded:… bought a few things for a few new recipes. I love branching out and cooking with stuff I’ve never tried… like Parsnips! :thinking:

4 Likes

I’ll catch hell for this, but parsnips are the devil’s fingers. Egads I can’t stand them.

3 Likes

Cornmeal is sold as Polenta in Australia but polenta is actually the name of a dish - like a porridge.
You can use polenta to make cornbread but the recipe linked here uses Cornmeal Mix, which is a blend of cornmeal/flours and other ingredients - so it would be different.

I have made a sweet polenta (edit) biscuits (cookies):

5 Likes

I will never bake chicken again without brining in soy sauce, salt, and seasoning! Best baked chicken thighs I’ve ever had! Thanks for recommending!

2 Likes

Oh I do like the look of those biscuits. Sent that recipe onto mum. Don’t think this fussy bastard would be eating the porridge looking polenta stuff. Meat n 3 veg here. :rofl:

3 Likes

The biccies are nice, a different texture to those made with flour :yum:

Polenta is not bad, needs lots of butter & some cheese else it tastes like not much :grinning:

5 Likes

Pinnacle of Soul Food ~ Pulled Pork BBQ + Collards w/Rutabaga & Onion

Oh! My goodness! So easy, greasy and good!

Pork BBQ~
In crock pot place:

• 10lb pork shoulder/butt
  • 1 - 6oz coke
  • 1/2 bottle vinegar based bbq sauce
  • Pepper flakes; to taste

Cook 8 to 10 hrs on low.

Cool/pull or chop

• Save pot liquor for dousing or addition to 12 bean soup.

Collards w/Rutabaga & Onion ~

In big ass pot place:

• 3 or 4 bunches collards (stripped of stems & washed x3)
  • 1 or 2 large rutabaga (pealed/chopped/diced)
  • 1 large yellow onion (quartered)
  • Pig knuckle & 1/4 slab bacon (fattier the better; cut 1” sections)
  • Salt; to taste
  • Water; enough to just cover all

Cook medium high/ medium 1 hour

Seine and pot

• Save greens pot liquor for 12 bean soup!

Don’t forget the Cornbread! :joy:

5 Likes

Don’t forget cayenne powder and sesame seed oil. As a long-time bachelor I’ve become adept at making teriyaki…everything. I owe all I know about cooking to youtube videos about street vendors and japanese teppenyaki chefs. Which is quite a bit more than I ever expected to know.

4 Likes