Actual Food Recipes

Since we’re talking food recipes HiggyCigs sent us some of their new Steak Rub to try on Venison since no one had tried that yet and holy wow it was delicious! If you’re a meat eater who wants to support one of my favorite vaping companies give it a try https://www.higgycigs.com/hccart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=631 they also make incredible coffee!

5 Likes

https://www.oliveandmango.com/stuffed-rigatoni-pie-paccherri/ this is in the oven as we speak and it was such a pain in my butt it will never be made again I don’t care how good it tastes LOL

my version wasn’t as pretty lol but it tastes great

4 Likes

That looks like too much work… why not just make the filled pasta and douse them in sauce? But it looks prettier.

3 Likes

It was definitely too much work, but my kid asked for it LOL

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ok… I wanted to make some cornbread, but then I started adding stuff to the mix and ended up with a kind of Cheesy Mexican Cornbread. It’s just a tad spicy!

What do ya’ll think would go really good with it? Maybe some pinto beans and a nice cold cucumber salad?

5 Likes

Party @Alisa’s house!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Chaffles!!

Will leave this here… I have a feeling by the time this is all over… we all are going to need to get back on a decent diet… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, those look great. I dont’ have a waffle iron, but I’ll bet the recipe would make a great pancake ! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Makes excellent bread… been making these for a while…
I can say I notice a difference in how I feel after eating real bread… I just can’t.

running low on cheese, and real bread… but its ok… I can do without.
Ahh the joys… but I have plenty of veggies and meats… and I see a cook out about to happen tomorrow!

5 Likes

Dammit THAT’S another trigger for me !!!

3 Likes

My recipe for shrimp fijhitas be gentle
I might have to add a recipe (not juice) shrimp fijhitas “absolutely stuffed”
Don’t knock it till you try it…

Shrimp (devein “Noone want shrimp poo”)
Bell pepper (red, green, yellow). sliced
Button mushrooms. sliced
Sweet or regular onion. diced
Garlic, & salt and pepper to taste
Tortillas (any corn or white flour)
Fijhita season mix “BBQ old elpaso was tonights”

Fijhita salad ( I add after cooking the veg I make a salsa salad)

Bagged mixed salad
Spring onions
Salsa

It’s beautiful

6 Likes

Rocky’s Easy cheesy chili totchos!

On a baking sheet cook frozen tater tots at 375 deg. until tots are crispy,
Place tater tots in a baking dish,
Cover tater tots with a layer of cooked Chili, (I make my own chili with ground chicken meat)
Add a layer of shredded cheese and top with chopped scallions
Bake additional 8 to 10 minutes
Enjoy!

7 Likes

Rocky’s Squash Pie
Pumpkin pie purée is easy to find but not Butternut Squash, squash pie is a tradition in my family…
Today I’m using leftover cooked Squash (and carrots)

Ingredients:
2 cups squash puréed
2 eggs
3/4 cup halt & half
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice extract (or 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 Frozen pie crust

Purée the Squash in food processor or blender

Mix together all ingredients… (except pie crust) :ok_hand:

Pour into frozen pie crust

Bake in pre heated 425 deg F oven for 15min,
lower temp to 350 deg F and continue baking for 40 - 45 minutes
(Cover crust for all but last 10 - 15 minutes)

Cool pie, then refrigerate. Serve cold topped with Whipped Cream :yum:

5 Likes

Damn @Rocky02852 looks great. Thanks for the pics.

3 Likes

@Rocky02852 Looks great and I bet it tastes fantastic.

This isn’t much of a recipe, but I did a standing Rib Roast in my Ninja Foodi last night.
Rubbed with Avocado Oil with lots of spices (garlic, onion, Steakhouse seasoning, Cowboy seasoning)
Pre-heat the Foodi on Tendercrisp (air fry) at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
Put the 5 pound roast on the rack and into the Foodi for 20 minutes at 400 till nicely brown and crisp.
Change the mode to Bake/Roast and drop temp to 250 degrees until internal temp of 120.
Take out, let stand for 15 minutes.
Slice and ENJOY. It turned out wonderfully. Don’t forget to add Horsedish !!

7 Likes

Nice @Cary1, I guess the Ninja Foodi is an Air Fryer ?
I must be the last person on earth without an air fryer, but I want one :+1:

5 Likes

@Rocky02852 The Foodi is a mutli-function cooker. It has modes for pressure cooking, slow cooking, steaming, roast/bake, broil and air crisping (air fryer)…oh and food dehydrator. I probably cook about half of my meals in it. I’ve been using the Ninja Foodi for a couple of years.

5 Likes

Thanks for the run down on the Foodi @Cary1, I’m liking the sound of that. May have to get one for myself this Xmas (if I gift a kitchen gadget or appliance to my wife for Xmas I’d get clobbered) :joy:

5 Likes

I tried it! It worked!

3 Likes

I have an Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. It has 11 different functions and all of them are awesome! It’s just like the Ninja Foodi, I think. Sounds like it has many of the same functions but i thought I’d give you an alternative so you can do a price comparison.

Brand new, depending on size, the 6 qt Instant Pot (w/o airfryer lid; that can be purchased separately) runs from around $70 to $150+ for 8 qt with all the attachments, inserts, bits and bobs, etc. I paid about $60 after shipping for the 8 qt with all the attachments, bits and bobs, and inserts.

From Air Frying (as the name implies :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) to Sous Vide. Slow Cooker, Saute, Pressure Cooker, Broil, Roast, and so much more! Even dehydrating! I LOVE my Instant Pot!! I use it at least once a week. Sometimes as much as three times a week! Best investment in a kitchen appliance I’ve ever made!

Here’s a GREAT cookbook for it for some ideas, if you need it. It’s specifically for the Duo Crisp + Air Fryer so there are recipes for all 11 functions!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I bought mine slightly damaged from the online Goodwill store. When it arrived I was appalled and dismayed at the size of the thing! I didn’t realize an 8 quart cooker would be so BIG!

Gallon size jug of distilled water for size reference :joy:

It turned out to be just right! For the three of us, with me on a diet (sort of), it cooks just the right amount of things under the airfryer for one serving each, in one cycle.

The saute, slow cook, and broil settings with this size is perfect to make a large pot of soup, a medium size roast, or some stir fry and have enough left over for lunches or snacks for a few days. And it all tastes wonderful!

BONUS It’s all better for you under the airfryer instead of deep fried, too! Just a note: airfrying won’t give you a SUPER crunchy, crispy out side coating but it’s damned closed! Also, batter dipped stuff, unless frozen, doesn’t airfry well. It’ll just blow all the coating away and make a mess inside the pot.

If you want wet, batter dipped things (like beer battered cod or fried mushroom), prep the food the night before, FREEZE IT OVERNIGHT, then airfry using the chart in the owner’s manual. Just add a few minutes to the recommended time, as it’s frozen (unless you’re making something already on the charts or you’re following a recipe😊)

Theres a few, more detailed, cook time tables here.

Tip: If you spray a little cooking oil on the top of whatever you’re airfrying, it will make it a little more crispy. Not a lot of oil, mind you, just a light spray.

Sorry so long. I just really like this thing lol. I’m trying to convince my Dad to get one, too.

8 Likes