Actual Food Recipes

How thick of a base are you making?

1 Like

Depends on what is on hand. Sauce is rendered down from plum tomatoes from the garden. Seasoned into a gravy. About a ladle worth plus. Depending on size, about 1/3 lb motzerrella 2 TBS Romano grated. Toppings of your choice. Grated parmesan on top.
If you’re talking about crust I press mine down to make a 12 inch to 14 inch crust. The dough will tell you when to stop ( not so thin it begins to tear). I don’t measure except flour, yeast, water, salt any more.

3 Likes

Like you i make my own marinara. Same for my bolognese. I use a old ketchup bottle and squirt the base on in a spiral then cheese it up. Usually chorizo and pepperoni. I do thin crust and about 1/4 inch thick bases. It works out good. Im gonna mix your dough recipe up on saturday. Ill get the pics ready lol

3 Likes

I do this every Friday if I don’t get lazy or looses track of time. All mixing of the dough I do in the Kitchen Aid with the paddle. Once it clears the bottom of the bowl I let it run a couple of minutes more to build gluten. Yep! It’s that wet.
I let it rise in the mixer bowl for a hour, one and a half depending on room temp. Even after shaping it gives a good oven spring.

4 Likes

:drooling_face: now i want :pizza:

5 Likes

10 Likes

Vegan Meatloaf

6 Likes

Just tried Mississippi Pot Roast yesterday and it was great.
3-5 pound Pot or Chuck roast
1 package of Aue Jue mix
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1 jar of pepperchini in Juice 8-12 oz.
1/2-1 stick of unsalted butter.

Toss everything in a crock pot for 8-9 hours on low. Shred with forks and serve with a nice hearty bread ( sourdough, french or Italian) and some mashed potatoes. Super easy and you can get a lot of other stuff done while the crock pot does the cooking. I’m not one for leftovers but I took the rest to work today and had it for lunch, I think it tasted even better than last night.

8 Likes

Dinner anyone? :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Fish fry ??

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer, Seared Black Cod with Anaheim chilis, tomatoes, and onions in a dashi broth

7 Likes

Cooked a shitload of sweet n sour chicken and gonna freeze it in batches.

Vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTTlx8J5xU

I’ve made similar recipes before, but most call for corn flour and I’ve always just used regular flour. Regular flour works fine but this time I used the corn flour and it really sets it over the top as it gives a VERY nice crust when fried. Absoloutley delicious and simple but not the healthiest lol. This is spot on what you would get from any American Chinese food place and the sauce surprised me. It’s equal parts, ketchup, sugar and rice vinegar. (This is unsauced, I make the sauce and cook the chicken in it in a pan whenever i want a batch)

8 Likes

Fried chicken is as much texture as it is taste. Try using Panko corn flour. The Japanese flour is a course ground corn flour. People have been known to use wheat flour on the first dip and the Panko on the second dip

5 Likes

This will give you a far better crust than panko.

8 Likes

What we going to do with all these bots, all these bots in side our threads? My gaydar is finely tuned but am I the only one with a BotBulge?

5 Likes

A nice looking meal. This seems to be cornmeal and not corn starch or corn flour. Sadly I cannot be 100% sure as my Mandarin is limited to 3,000 characters. But, I can spot what I want in the supermarket. Frankly I made countless errors down the years in ensuring that I bought the best ingredients. Getting the shop owners to realise that this laowai was speaking Mandarin, with a Hangzhou accent (Though standard Shanghai when it comes to 4 and 10), took an age… Sometimes another customer had to whisper that this Laowai is speaking Chinese and then to fun negotiation began.

2 Likes

Can’t do much more than what we have been doing. Click on the three dots and report it to Fiddy. They aren’t going to go away. AI can be be great or not so much. Consider it a non paid for commercial.

2 Likes

Well, I just mock them. I don’t want others to suggest having me as a mod again.

3 Likes

What I don’t like is that I didn’t marry a cook! I had more gumption for trying out exotic recipes in my youth. Now I’d be satisfied with being someone’s prep cook.

3 Likes

That’s what Mrs. Squirrel says. She cannot be bothered to learn when she has an inhouse cook. I did try to get her interested in choosing spinach and aging beef but only the results stuck.

4 Likes