Actual Food Recipes

All I will say is it takes on alot of flour while shaping. LOL I give it a 1.5 hour rise and not 24 HR KAF calls for. Sticky Sticky dough.

4 Likes

With the ketchup?

2 Likes

Rocky’s Stuffed Scallops :yum:

8 Likes

Nom nom @Rocky02852 !!!

4 Likes

Roasted a chicken, made stock, added madras curry, chilies onion, garlic, cauli and celery and brown rice with chicken I didn’t eat.

4 Likes

@joel, wait, what ?

1 Like

I ate the two tits, left the thighs for whatever it is I’m making

2 Likes

Great with toast and peanut butter! If you’re really adventurous try it with Nutella!

10 Likes

Get yourself some Saskatoon Jam… Amazing shit

4 Likes

The French may not know as much as they think they know, but they sure do know preserves/fruit spreads/pastries @Stankhammer.

6 Likes

Yep, a good Jardin is unbeatable

4 Likes

Stuffed shells. Have 3 trays to share at Christmas dinner tonight.Gravey on the bottom. Gravey on top. Top with more mozzarella. Let the 5 cheese blend

10 Likes

Valentine’s Day dessert, a pavlova covered in lemon curd, whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries, and a dusting of powdered sugar:)

11 Likes

That brings back childhood memories: I have had lemon curd in an age.

3 Likes

For those that like crab rangoons, you have got to try this! I made it for my daughter because she loves seafood. It’s one of my most requested appetizers for weddings and other occasions.

The Recipe Keeper app is fantastic to keep all your recipes by the way

7 Likes

Im gonna give that pizza dough a try to see whats up. I have two recipes i use family of 6 so its a lot
1st pizza oven
650g 00 flour
25g olive oil
11g salt
425g warm water
7g of yeast

Oven
650g strong white bread flour
25g olive oil
11g salt
350g warm water
50g warm milk
Tbsp honey
7g yeast

Kneed for 10min by hand 5 min in mixer
proof in a warm spot until doubled then i knock it down and hand kneed it again for 4 min
Then let rise again for about another hour or two both recipes are good.

6 Likes

Mine is a very wet dough. When you shape the round it doesn’t leave the countertop without a peel. I throw out a handful of flour to cover about 16". Then coat the ball with flour. I then press it into a round with my fingers and heel to fingertips of my hand . Keep your hands well floured. 250gr dry weight of flour will make 1 12" to 15" pizza crust. I prebake mine for about 4 to five minutes. Most of the time it blows up from the steam. I stick a knife in to allow the steam to escape and press down the bubble with a dough scraper. The steam is hot. Be careful. I dress the pizza then put it back on the stone and bake it for another 10 minutes or the crust blackens. Hope you and the kids enjoy it .

5 Likes

Pizza dough has to be sticky. Dont want a dense base. I dont prebake at all. In the oven or outside pizza oven

1 Like

I love meat pizzas hamburger and sausage raw. I try to avoid getting sick. Sauce on the dough and dressings works too. It will force the steam out to the outer crust. Try it your way. There’s more ways to skin a cat. Might leave it on the stone a little longer though.

3 Likes

@Stankhammer I have never had that brand, BUT, I have added it to my list, as I WILL mix that up with some chunky PB and have at it.

3 Likes