Advertisement on recipe side on android

Everytime I went to the recipe side from the forum on my phone (android 8.1) I kept getting bombarded with ads.

I realised that my phone probably infected with malware along the way.

Is there any app to check and / or remove it, or should I connect with my computer to scan it? Thank you in advance for all answers.

Edit: it only started about a few hours ago

2 Likes

I use these two apps on my phone. Pretty decent I think. You will get some random ads on them but no biggie.

3 Likes

I just checked and it’s happening on my phone too. It didn’t happen yesterday, so it’s new on my end.

2 Likes

@MisterSinner I’m gonna try those. Thank you for the links, sir.
@marsh8 yes, it only happened a few hours ago for me too.

3 Likes

My pleasure. Make sure to go into the settings for those apps to customize etc. Also, the same company has a browser I use as well that has a built in ad blocker.

3 Likes

I actually prefer duckduckgo paired with orbot, but since elr have its shortcut, I tend to use it to access elr. That’s when the problems started.

2 Likes

You can set DuckDuckGo within that browser :slight_smile: and make a shorcut to ELR as well.

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know that. Gonna tinker a bit now. Thank you.

2 Likes

That’s strange. Elr shortcut didn’t registered on orbot

1 Like

Within the Cheetah Browser you can send/create shortcuts for any sites and place them on your phones’ home screen.

2 Likes

I’ve installed clean master, and the ads stop now. If this is more commonly happens, maybe it’s an update gone wrong for the site in all? I hope not, though. Please forgive my paranoia.

2 Likes

Good question. Let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

You can also become a supporting member, between that and ad blocker my phone and computers stay ad free on elr.

6 Likes

With orbot on, I couldn’t connect to elr. With clean master on, I could. I tried turning everything off, and there were no more ads pop up on the recipe side.

2 Likes

Good catch. I thought he was having an issue as a previous donor. @delltrapp have you donated to remove the ads?

4 Likes

Ah, no, I haven’t. Maybe that have something to do with. Thank you @Letitia and @MisterSinner

4 Likes