Advken OHM EGA

All my life I’ve been haphazard in my approach to a lot of things. Now that I’m older…well nothing’s changed. So anyway, if a person is going to change something about their setup on a new RTA, you know just to get a feel for it, they would change maybe 1 or 2 things at a time, right? That would be smart. I’m not smart.

So I thought I would see what a different build would be like. I rebuilt with dual 26ga Ti, 7 wraps on 2.5 mm. But that’s not all. I wicked differently and used a different PG/VG ratio juice and didn’t prime first.

The build comes in at 0.15 ohms. It runs quite a bit cooler than the 22ga.
The wicking. Well I put my cotton in and left longer than needed tails. Put the chimney over them to make indentations, then cut just a tad longer than those indentations so the cotton would actually partially cover the chamber threads.
Rather than wet and tuck, I just screwed down the chimney over the cotton. Yes, some cotton was caught in the threads but I expected that. I couldn’t see down the little chimney well enough to use my blunt tip to prime, so I slapped the thing back together, added some 80/20 juice, and then closed off the air holes. I drew on the drip tip several times and the bubbles were slowing coming out of the feed channels. Once I felt it was primed I gave it a go. Oh, and no leaking when filling or after!

Huge difference. This is a much cooler vape even at 560F. I can use the stock drip tip with this. Air flow is improved with less wire/wick inside too and the clouds are…well they’re good but I like a tad more. Still this is a preferred build over the 22ga and right now I’m thinking 24 would be perfect. I only have 24ga in SS and Kanthal. May give that a run tomorrow. Suffice it to say I like this tank considerably more now than an hour ago.

No thanks - I think the Danish group’s gonna handle it through a B&M that will take care of customs and all that stuff - and we still get an OK price :smile:

Nice review :slight_smile: I still want one!

2 Likes

Thanks Lars. and I think you will like it. I know I sure do. It’s smaller size is convenience for use on my smaller mods, although since they don’t have a setting for dual coils I find I have to crank up the temp.

Something I do want to mention to everyone, but especially @quitter1
Unlike Quitter’s top piece where there are the two wide juice fill holes, mine are just two round holes. I checked authenticity and it checked out on advken.com. And it could be a first run Quitter had vs a redesigned second run, I don’t know. I noticed it before mine arrived in that video I posted from them a few posts above. Another thing too, and others with this tank could verify this… I filled up the tank last night with a 3ml syringe. The capacity is not 3ml, it’s only 2ml. It may well hold an 3rd ml in the wick, but not the tank.

1 Like

Well mate, a couple of day’s in and what do you think of the ohm mega now? Any fresh thoughts?

1 Like

so I believe the first run had the circular fill holes and a non glossy finish to the top cap and yes it’s less than 3 ml but I still think until I get my dual coil rba for my tfv4 this is my favorite… @SthrnMixer did yours come in a box like mine or a tin??I think this explains the 1st and second runs
https://youtu.be/0Dw6PhTe76M

1 Like

It was a Tin

I think that is a first run…

@quitter1 I wonder if the first run had issues aside from the juice fill holes. Here’s an update, and @Pro_Vapes I know you just took delivery of yours so I would love to hear your thoughts.

1. Leaking. I don’t have any leaking out of the air channels. It’s from the bottom where the ring is that you turn for the air intake. I have the same issue with one of my eGo One Mega tanks which has a very similar ring. This is annoying but also if left on the mod too long will allow juice to seep into the 510 connector.
  2. Air ring. When I tighten down the tank it puts pressure on the ring making it nearly impossible to move. I have to loosen it to move the air ring. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if it weren’t for the fact you need to close that air off when refilling. I tried without doing that and did get some leaking from the air intake.

Those two issues are really the only problems I’ve had. I can’t help but think they are related, but that ring doesn’t seem like a serviceable part, so I haven’t gotten into it. I have to admit I’m a good bit disappointed and have shelved this thing for now.

1 Like

I get no leaking at all and for the afc ring I didn’t tighten the top down too tight that it stops the afc ring I picked up on this before I started to use it so I haven’t had any issue at all…i got another coming my other one should be in hand by by Wednesday!!!

Mine only started doing it. Been less than a week since I got it so I’m wondering if because when it was new and everything was bone dry if that somehow is related? I think I’ll give it a thorough cleaning and see. Initially I could hardly get the thing apart and now it’s like as soon as I start to move anything the glass spins, so I know those o-rings are all lubed up with juice. Will report back.

1 Like

I have noticed my airflow ring is locked when I tighten things down as well. I never adjust it unless I am filling so I just loosen the tank slightly and turn it. I actually don’t mind this at all. I did however move back to using my TFV4 more though. It’s less trouble, but I still love my Ohmega. My preference are going to be further realized when my TF-V2’s and Titanium wire arrives. If you figure out how to get the airflow ring off @SthrnMixer let us know. I haven’t bothered tearing mine down since putting it in action.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a big deck!
(That’s what she said…)

2 Likes

I’ve been running the Omega head to head with the Aromamizer and I like the Omega more. This tank has outstanding flavor. I made sure to double check everything on the Aromamizer and installed a fresh wick, so it was hitting on all cylinders. There hasn’t been much chatter about Omega… but It’s tops in my rotation right now with a dual 22g Ti contact coil build. This build works perfectly on my DNA 200s, but it wouldn’t read on the exCube 2.:unamused:

1 Like

it’s in my ad rotation… always on top of my koopor plus but I might move it to the evic mini for a smaller setup… but I can’t get enough of it!!!

1 Like

Do you think it won’t read on the cube because of closed coil? Cubes working fine with the spaced set up. :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s probably the case. Plus I wasn’t lucky enough to get one of the good ones.

2 Likes

Thought that was it. Cheers mate. How you finding those lipo’s? Heard various things about them and I’m torn between the triple 18650 and a liop version of the dna200.
Like the shape of the vt but the idear of the 18650’s

1 Like

I’m not having any problems with them. I’m getting though a 12hr shift on a single charge. That’s about the same as I got with my dual 18650 TCMs. These DNAs run a lot more efficient than my other mods. I run the DNAs on less wattage and temp than the dual 18650s. It all balance out for me.

1 Like

Good to know thanks mate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Exactly what @Pro_Vapes said re the LiPo. I love the setup, it’s small, hits way harder, and seems to be more efficient. All of my settings are turned down and the temperature regulation is very smooth.

It’s really a night and day difference from anything else. I also believe the LiPo has very low ESR (equivalent series resistance) which should let it hit the sub 0.1 ohm builds without heating the battery as much. Mine has never even been warm.

1 Like