All my flavours taste muted

also one note, i stopped using my RDA for batch testing. i had a good Velocity clone for that - then i found the flavor tastes much stronger when it’s in the final tank. the RDA (though dual clapton) doesn’t have the chance to soak in the juice like an RTA does when the wick is always getting fed

1 Like

Thank you for all the help people!! I know taste is subjective, but I am yet to find a recipe which is “in your face” like premium liquids. Is there any trick behind it? Mostly all my concentrates are TPA.
Lastly, there’s 1 thing I can’t get my head around. When I first started vaping on box mods (my first was a smok m80 and smok vct tank) I used to buy diy eliquids off a guy I met at a vapour shop. His liquids tasted better than premium liquids!! He measured by drops and sometimes measured by mls. Everything he made tasted strong and on point, even with concentrates he’d never tried before. The concentrates he used were chefs vapour- his most common, cupcake world (he wasn’t a fan of cupcake world) and gold standard. Unfortunately, I can not get hold of him anymore. Does anyone know his trick?

1 Like

I’ll definetly give it a go. Fortunately, I do notice that I can taste flavours when I first fill my avocado up, however, by the end of it, it gets difficult!

1 Like

it’s so interesting to compare your taste to a vaping buddy. my v buddy finds all my favorites juices muted (i like Kilo Kiberry Yogurt and Dewberry Cream) and he buys 5 or 6 Mega Melons and vapes that all the time - i can’t vape it or i end up feeling like peppery tongue and heart burn.

maybe try that one. it;s a very “in your face” one - the recipe is here on ELR and it’s really an easy one, all TPAs (Mango + Papaya + Cantaloupe) at 5 or 6% each - and doesn’t take much steeping since all fruits

i may invest into buying a rebuildable deck for my uwell crown that’s been unused for months, see if the flavour is any different!
The mega melons recipe is DELICIOUS, one of my favourite!

That could be part of the problem. TPA is much less concentrated than others like FA and Inawera. Have you tried other brands of the same flavors that you enjoy? FA Red Touch (strawberry) changed my whole strawberry game when I tried it. I swapped it out in a recipe that I had originally used CAP sweet strawberry in. The original was 2% CAP SSB and I just replaced it with FA Red Touch at 2%. The difference was night and day.

Oh Gosh, I got that a lot when I started vaping.

It’s not fair but vape mouth can hit you at any time. I’ve had it 6 or 7 times. I think you have vape mouth. That Unicorn Milk Recipe is delicious. I just made 240 mg of it…take it from me (The Strawberry Head) too much strawberry will do that, especially if you are mixing with 2-3 different kind of Strawberries. It is very acidic.

It’s times like these when you need to mix it up a bit and throw some flavors at your taste buds they aren’t used to sensing. Try some Gingerbread, Fuji Apple, Cinnamon or Chai. You may need to knock some sense into your taste buds.

OK. so that tells a lot about your flavor preference. i don’t think light creams and strawberries will impress you. i suggest you stay close to tropical fruits with strong flavors like MegaMelon and its variants. there are great ones to enjoy and you can customize the flavor as you need. for example, i mixed the MegaMelon for my buddy increasing the cantaloupe by 2%, so it was 6, 6, 8 … or you can try substituting with another fruit you like - say Kiwi. beside the great suggestions here from the folks :slight_smile:

Flavor tank, i won’t go for the Crown RBA. it’s so “restricted” - it’s a great tank, but IMHO, it’s not for flavor - more of a general purpose, and high quality finishing- if it’s an invest, go for something like the TF-RDTA or the Aromamizer Supreme or something similar to these. so it’s a move up from the Avocado

cheers,
TVS

I’ve looked into flavour art liquids, are they worth the money? I’m seeing them for £3.20 for 10ml minimum, that’s double how much I’m paying for TPA. Regardless, I’m going to buy the FA red touch and see how I do.

1 Like

Could there be a link between blueberry wild, dragonfruit and strawberry? Those flavours are the ones I’m seriously having trouble with.

So totally worth the money.

I have a hard time tasting all three of those flavors.

try steeping longer especially with these two recipes if you look at the straw fog recipe your creams are at 10 percent which is the same as your strawberry , so it will take time for those to come through at the same time as the creams are coming through the strawberry loses a litlle taste , the unicorn milk clones seem to always be lacking a strawberry potency i add medicine flower strawberry to the cuttwood leak clone , also keep in mind blueberry seems to mute flavors and IMO dragon fruit is fairly weak so its not going to be that strong , last thing im wondering is how long have you been making your own juice i think most new people are use to high sugar high percentage liquids from commercial places so recipes without sucralose seem muted bc they dont have that sugary taste at the top of the vape

2 Likes

@noicenoice
My first personal rule is never make a juice with more than two flavorings using only that mfg’s flavors.

I use TPA a bunch and never have problems with them. As with any mfg, they have good ones and not so good ones.

Any strawberry mixes I make get more than one strawberry mfg used. For example, if strawberry is 3% I will use 1,5% and 1.5%…or 1%-1%-1% etc when using three, it just depends on which strawberry’s I use. My favorites are Strawberry Taffy (CAP) and Strawberry Shisha (INW)

I have used at least one Avocado 24mm in my daily rotation, since they came out…, and close to two tanks each day. I, too, have found that the flavor changes when the tank is low, so I never let it get much below half…no problem now.

You should also try an additive like Cactus (INW) or Pear (anyone) or simply a few drops of regular lemon or lime juice. For sweeteners like sucralose, that I love in my juices, I quit using it because it gunks my coils so fast. I now make a sweetener from organic pure stevia powder in a VG base.

As for Unicorn Milk, I never even look at it again, after it goes in the closet, for 4-6 weeks.

1 Like

absolutely , the most common manufacturers are , cap , fw , tpa because they are cheap but not as potent as FA or Inawera , Flavorah , when i first started mixing it was the first three i bought tons of them but as i learned more ive branched out to trying the the more potent flaves , keep in mind with FA you dont have to use as much , and there is going to be some staple flavors you will need in the higher costing brands , dont get me wrong TPA/tfa , cap , and fw have their place im rambling now but YES fa is worth it

a classic recipe in the diy world

that particular unicorn milk is 16% cream type flaves , dont you think that the strawberry is wasted here , i couldnt imagine it ever coming through

I don’t have it ‘come through’ as a distinct note, after 4-6 weeks (and more) of aging, but it helps to round out and perk up the mix overall.

1 Like

the percentages are just very high imo , have you tried the cuttwood spy clone with the cap flaves , that recipe is on point i usually add medicine flower strawberry to bring out the straw but i think that recipe is good especial;y using all the same manufacturer flaves

Hangsen, Flavor Arts, Flavorah, Medicine Flower, to name a few. How they taste, you’ll have to ask other since I do not use them…

2 Likes