All things MTL

And if you want to try it this man gives the best instructions to do so. It’s great for flavor testing. No more constant changing out cotton wicks.

7 Likes

Thanks @muth, that might come in handy on my testing RDA. :smiley:

7 Likes

Make sure you watch the vid on preparation or else you’ll create a short. It’s all in the oxidation process. Happy vaping, I think you’ll be surprised at the pureness of the flavor.

6 Likes

I know it’s pretty much common knowledge but it’s surprising how many times I’ve seen people posting pictures of their builds that have their coils positioned much higher up and away from the bottom airflow.

6 Likes

I’ve found that a super fine clapton coil with no wick at all holds enough juice for flavor testing. A drip or two on the coil will give me 3 or 4 MTL hits before redripping. To change flavors, just burn it off and start your next flavor. With no cotton to burn you may get empty hits, but not the harsh burnt cotton dry hits.

7 Likes

Yes, I’ve done that at times.

6 Likes

Yep, I’ve seen it, too. I always wonder if I should say something or just keep my mouth shut, heehee. Never know if advice is welcomed or challenged.

6 Likes

I know exactly what you mean @muth, I have bitten my tongue from saying anything on many occasions. I can never understand why people become hostile like that when someone is only trying to help them, even if they don’t take the advice given they only have to say thank you and move on. Their loss not mine.

10 Likes

Custard is pretty good, lotta vanilla hit which is what i was going for, can’t complain at all lol

8 Likes

I love vanilla, thx for this. See, this is what I mean when people talk about MTL vs DL vs pct. This mix is not terribly high in pct but this is the ongoing debate i see about how you should mix for MTL vs DL. It’s not always the case. The one area that would be different is your base blends. I’m not going to mix 20/80 for my KF, nor would I want to use 40/60 in a lung hitter, lol.

ETA: Fishaddict, I don’t have the Marshmallow (Vanilla) (OOO). Any other suggestion without losing that extra vanilla?

7 Likes

One of my favourite tanks to use was the old Kayfuns with the single screw on either side… Fucking old and not sure if I got a good deal, can’t remember but I sure did enjoy heavier or dark flavours in that, despite mixing Max Vg most of the time, I made it work. I do remember liking Ken’s Bread Pudding recipe when RF had the VG flavours and, well, I just added a bunch of sweetener and pumped up his Ego a bit because I figured you weren’t cool if you used Sweetener.

5 Likes

I vape since 2012 only MTL and also only highend.
So Flash e Vapor, Kronos 2021, Golden Greek Perseus, Squape Nduro /Arise…

5 Likes

Squapes are so nice, their first RTA was so revolutionary… First RTA with a non-conductive deck so you didn’t ground out when your coil hit, if it did accidentally, oh, and the options!

The Tripod by Atmizoo is probably in the upper tiers for 22mm Flavour Tanks, I rather enjoy mine. The design is great (no threads) and you can tailor it mouth to lung. With being that high of quality it isn’t too expensive either, just wish the tips were changeable.

The Panda Hybrid is a Mesh Hybrid RDTA I’d like to own, they look amazing and aren’t too crazy expensive either.

6 Likes

Sadly the ooo marshmallow vanilla is not replaceable, for me at least. You could probably sub in whatever vanilla you like the best, it’sa great marshmallow flavor but the vanilla note is why i use it here, it’s Malty and unique.

Coincidentally, the only thing i would change if i was gonna dtl this recipe would be dropping the custard and marshmallow by about half a % or so lol

6 Likes

I’ll just have to get it now, sigh. I’m not fond of buying OOO ever since they became unavailable on BCF.

3 Likes