Almighty vape mixing gods can you help me!

Please anyone who can help I will give details of my dilemma and wonder if anyone in the community could give some sound advice. Honestly open to any advice and am about to throw in the towel! I’ve spent 3 weeks and 400$ to start I’ve been vaping for 5 years and just jumped into diy after watching every Wayne walker video, read almost every forum from reddit to all the flavors to here, I use an rda and bought all mixing supplies from bull city flavors and liquid barn pg vg nic.

I mix low percentages and use 50/50 and 70/30 blends. I’ve tried single fruit testing at different %s from inawera mango .5 to 5 and still a true mango taste just light airy and faint not saturated or full. I’ve tried making a vanilla chai tea I’ve been steeping Alfred puddings cheesecake trinity and it taste like sweet air I’ve tried sucralose in low percentage up .25-.75% I shake and leave bottles in the dark for 5 days so far and have shaken them once a day and tested them still faint thin air. My longest one was LB white peppermint chocolate at 10 and 12% and has been steeping a week changed color and it’s still thin faint and I have to close my eyes and struggle to hunt the taste. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Should I get an UC to speed steep? Should I add more sucralose? Should I drop percentages? Should I wait a month? Heat bath? Idk I’m assuming I’m doing something wrong and would really appreciate some insight! Thank you for all that bared through this long winded rant. And open to all suggestions!

6 Likes

Also this is all my mixes that are from Wayne taste good just light and faint like not in your face but if I’m getting past the air taste I could tell there’s cream some citrus and some vanilla just having a really hard time.

5 Likes

May I ask your mod and rda that you use? If possible, also the coil you use and at what wattage you use them. it might help someone else help you.

7 Likes

Of course I use a paradox rda and drop dead both decent flavor and Zeus sub ohm for builds I use Medusa fused claptons hitting at .3 to .4 ohms and sweet spot usually at 39 to 49 watts

6 Likes

Couple of questions firstly, though I don’t use the hardware you do.
Did you recently give up smoking and were you a heavy smoker?
Have you tried commercial juices in the past and did you find them more flavourful?
The more info you can give the better…

5 Likes

Whoops, I see you have been vaping for 5 years so obviously have tried commercial juices…
Which ones worked the best for you?

5 Likes

Thank you I’m lazy at writing lol. I used in house mixes from shippwrexked eliquid from my buddy Keith who makes 100 vg and tried commercial like juice head, vapetasia, and innevape a but load actually over the past 5 years. Keith’s in house blends were so much better in flavor the juice commercial is always too sweet and not complex like it’ll say banana coconut pineapple and all I will get in banana but with my buddies in house who has a lab if I asked for blueberry menthol or orange creamsicle it was spot on but I want to try to do it myself. I quit smoking 5 years ago and got all my senses of keen taste and smell back 6 months after switching to vape

8 Likes

But to answer your question yes like a key lime pie I can taste the key lime. Dinner lady lemon tart I can taste Pinsol lemon and buttery cream. Juice head I like their lemon but blueberry was faint and highly sweet. My buddies in house was the best juice I had and idk if he pre steeped his vg or what method maybe homogenized in lab with proper homogenizer but all I make is sweet air that taste like the description and smell of flavor concentrate just super faint and not a strong flavor

5 Likes

If he is your buddy, and his juices were really good, perhaps you could ask him what sort of percentages he is using.

Also, he may be using super concentrates or particular brands which may affect the taste. Sounds like whatever he used was stronger in flavour than what you are achieving but there are many variables for that.

Have you tried single flavour testing one of your concentrates at different percentages?

8 Likes

Yeah he won’t release the secrets to me sadly :(. I tried to pay him and everything. I have tried flavor percentages from .5 to 5 inawera. Tfa 1% to 7% and Capella 1% to 7% each one extremely faint to be quit honest flavor art as well and I can get the idea of what it is like mandarin for example it’s just faint and not heavy extremely light and thin. I want it to be saturated unmuted and so I can hit it and say that’s a strong mango or lime or coconut lol.

5 Likes

Have you added your concentrates to your stash on the main ELR site?

6 Likes

Yes would you like me to upload them here?

5 Likes

Just change your stash to public and will be able to see from your profile.

6 Likes

Link to public flavor stash

Allow others to see my flavor stash <------ put a tick inthis one. At the top of your stash.

Hide notes when printing (top right icon)

7 Likes

5 Likes

I thought you meant my recipes lol no I haven’t but there’s screenshots of the flavors I have at my house the SSA are really strong btw and the cherry is actually good at 1%

6 Likes

Cool, I would put all your flavours into your flavour stash on the main site. Then you will have access to how others have used them. I vape a different style than you so I probably mix using higher ratios than you would need to.

There are a lot of very talented people on here who do mix for your style of vaping. Hopefully some of them will be able to help more than I can with this.

7 Likes

Wait what style do you vape?

4 Likes

Thank you for the help btw

5 Likes

MTL mate, low wattage…

4 Likes