"Alternative" Uses for Flavor Concentrates

Thank Goodness for this thread, as I’ll never use all my FA Dark Bean Espresso in vapes, but OH The Places we’ll GO now!

Thinking of replacing essential oils, there’s a billion… OMG :open_mouth:

SCENTED WAX - Drops in candles, but more specifically the scented wax that’s melted over a light bulb in… whatever those things are called. Scent fades to nothing while wax stays (usu. thrown away).

Insect repellent (orange, mints, evergreens, likely menthol, etc. in water)!

I wonder if citrus meh mixes I don’t wanna vape would be poisonous to mosquitoes, as well… Anyone know?

2 Likes

Can you just dump a PG nico base in there and huff 'til your eye cross?

Kidding, maybe not kidding :drooling_face:

1 Like

I’ve tried the wax thing before and got nothing. I think the diffuser would be the better way to go for air freshening since these are “water-based” and not oil-based flavors.

2 Likes

I would greatly appreciate a copy (PM with deets)

The idea of a diffuser is that it meters the scent. Just put some on a paper towel in your trash can …like I have right now :wink: My office smells like cake and strawberries. Oh but I do have a ultrasonic diffuser and the Scentsy (commercial) oils are SO expensive

2 Likes

I found that my concentrates work great for flavoring special homemade gummy bears!

3 Likes

I never would have thought of that! I’m sure I can find a method online somewhere, but how do you measure the amount of flavoring to use?

1 Like

I measured about 5 cc?s into one cup batch. I did sweet strawberry (cap)

2 Likes

Umm… Home made vape flavored gummies???

O.M.G.!!!

Recipe, please?

1 Like

Oh! Oh! Mix w/water in spray bottle

Now, this is an “alternative use” for meh mixes but still smell good. I have a reservoir of fruit mixes I didn’t want to vape. I vape brown ones I don’t like when drinking and can’t taste anything, anyway. I digress.

I didn’t realize that non-vapers get to smell my flavors as it scents the air. My nephew and bro pointed it out.

Funny enough, I visited a neighbor who renewed my interest when we vaped her bubblegum juice months ago. I pulled out my “works” and her husband says, “We don’t vape in here; I don’t wanna smell that butterscotch pie or whatever you got.”
ME: Strawberry Milk?
HIM: Ewwww!
ME: Nuts?
HIM: snicker

This makes me think of flavoring plain gelatin!

Vape and Gel. Ooooh, or drinking – copy the recipe in a daquiri :drooling_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is working out nicely!

They smell great and after 5 minutes of testing on my forearms, my skin isn’t melting or anything crazy. First attempt seems like a success!

5 Likes

So, 2 c. of syrup. About how many drops would you (@Plunderdrum) use in that amount of syrup? I tried adapting a recipe here but it’d require 7 ml for one of the flavors at 3% – cost prohibitive, doh!

In my tinkering with food I have found our flavorings work just like familiar extracts such as Vanilla Extract. So for a couple cups of regular corn syrup you would add perhaps an 1/8 -> 1/4 teaspoon of say Maple (TPA). Easy enough to work your way up as there’s no steeping involved for fake Maple Syrup.

Amounts could be lower for newer Vape-centric Super Concentrate flavorings. Realize our vape flavorings are just old school food flavorings that have existed way before Vaping, and Chefs and Bakers have been measuring teaspoons of Vanilla for a Century and standard dilutions have that basis.

4 Likes

It’s a small amount. Go with 3-5 drops of a single flavor, stir and finger-test.You might go up to 15 drops, so it won’t break the bank. 3% is possibly way too much. I’ve only tried this once, so I’m no pro. There may be some other resource, like an icee/snow cone forum, but they probably buy flavored syrups, not concentrates.

3 Likes

…wait …wait …there’s a Snow Cone Forum!? :smirk:

2 Likes

If there’s a thing you can do or make, the internets will provide a forum!

https://www.shaveiceshaveice.com

2 Likes

It’s like the ELR of shave ice! Just looking at one basic topic thread, it’s the same here as there, just a slightly different topic. Plain, direct instructions given, one replies that they do it a little different and wonders if it will affect the outcome, one answers that the procedure given is probably the best way because…

https://www.shaveiceshaveice.com/shave-ice-flavors/syrup-mixing-directions-t32.html

"What is the quality of the ice you are using? (extremely fine, fine, average, coarse , extremely coarse) ???
Providing this would help. And also, if the quality is “fine” , then I really don’t see why it wouldn’t penetrate or sink into the shave ice. Posting pictures of it would help in trouble shooting your needs too ![:lol:] "

4 Likes

…last time I had a Hawaiian Shaved Ice I found a hair in it! …shoulda ordered the Brazilian Shaved Ice :smirk:

8 Likes

4 Likes