Am I suddenly allergic/sensitive to nic?!

TBH, I haven’t used nic in so long I don’t remember. Some people say they taste a flavor with nic, but I never did, it was always basically flavorless to me. Maybe someone else can chime in? Some people do both, and vape it at different times of the day. Heavier nic in morning, 0 nic for a couple hours before bed. They can probably help.

Still have to steep the same.

1 Like

It’s not a flavor difference. It’s the throat hit and “fullness” nic brings to the party. You can safely test flavors with no nic

2 Likes

Hopefully because most of my liquids are smooth as silk so I won’t miss it and save myself some more money :smile:

1 Like

Assuming the directions are followed from a nic testing kit, can we assume to get consistent results? I guess what I’m asking is how accurate do they claim to be and is there much of a difference between the kits from different vendors?

1 Like

Great question and one I have been meaning to ask @Ken_O_Where . I think he mentioned some kits are more accurate than others.

1 Like

Well I didnt personally get a kit. I just ordered some .12N sulfuric acid and bromothymol blue to use as described elsewhere on this forum.

I am ultra sensitive to nic in PG. I tolerate the amount of PG in the flavorings I use but more than that and I get the same thing so harsh it feels like somebody caught me dozing and took a wire brush to my throat! I traded some Nude armor 100 mg nic in PG for some Nic Select in VG from Nicotine River and now I’m fine.

1 Like

Does it happen when you vape the nic with plain bases? Or is it just a certain threshold of pg that gets you? I can vape pg straight. This new nic is in pg though and the old stuff was in vg

Here’s a happy little link that’s useful for Nic titration. :grinning: Most kits come with instructions, but if one is purchasing the test product individually, this might come in handy.

http://www.bob-r.com/ENI/Small%20Scale%20HCl.pdf

2 Likes

It sounds to me , after reading this thread, that this is just a case of bad nic.
Hope you get it sorted out. :nerd_face:

I’m with you on the easy! :grinning: I keep a 30ml glass dropper bottle full of 100mg/ml Nic at the ready for mixing between 3mg (tester mixes) and 6mg (proven recipes).

Yeah when I get nic in, I seperate into 33 30ml bottles. (Yeah I order a liter at a time, but I mix for several friends and people who like to buy from me, so it goes quick enough. That’s the while reason I’m so irritated at this

1 Like

I hate to say it, but have you used any of these people as your guinea pigs? :slight_smile:

I would think the easiest and fastest way to see if it is you or the nicotine, would be to see if others get the same reaction as you do?

3 Likes

Yes your magically allergic to nic now! Its sad but it happens all the time unfortunately. Now send me all your vape gear! Lol

3 Likes

I personally think this is a very bad idea… it basically saying… “I think I’m getting sick and may die from this… let me give to someone else and see if they croak to know if it’s safe or not…”

Test it first if you think there is a problem, if the tests come out as it is safe, then ASK others to try it and see if they like or dislike it or have a problem, don’t just give something out if you already perceive there is a problem with it.

1 Like

My nic levels have been dropping over time just for the same reason. I’ve lowered the level and continued on. I figure eventually I’ll be down to nothing.

I didn’t mean go around and hand a bunch of it out haha. Just if you have friends that vape, to see if they get the same results after taking a puff. I guess I’m just sinister that way :smile:

I’ve never heard VT to have bad nic but it’s not unheard of for a company to have some. To go out and buy almost half a dozen different bottles of nic from various vendors with the same results, is some crazy odds. Time to buy a lottery ticket :wink:

1 Like

Well have one more nic order from a seperate company as well as the nic testing reagents. Fingers crossed

I would totally have my brother try it to see if he had the same reaction so I don’t think your sinister… no different than having someone taste something “does this taste funny to you” lol

2 Likes

Pretty much any from the major vendors will do to give you a very good idea of the nic content. The one NN sells is supposed to be a bit high resolution but i dont have their kit and never will.

1 Like