Am I suddenly allergic/sensitive to nic?!

UPDATE: I got the reagents in and tested the nic levels in the heartland nic. It looks right as far as nic content. Within margin of error anyway. I’ll be getting the new nic in tomorrow from the other vendor. If it’s also harsh, I guess I DID develop some sensitivity? Hopefully, heartland is just putting out some terrible batches lately and it’s not me.

3 Likes

I’ve posted this link this before, however…

Heartland nicotine: There are two camps… Love it or Hate it.

The love it camp are the folks who are tobacco fans (don’t mind a peppery quality to their nicotine) and/or really like a nice throat hit in their vape.

The hate it camp are folks that aren’t in the love it camp.

Wanna read some nicotine comparison info? Posted below is a very exhaustive thread. Skip to the end post and go back a few pages for the current opinions. There are folks there who have spent a CRAZY amount of time dissecting and testing nicotine from almost every vendor out there. :grinning:

2 Likes

‘peppery’ is not the quality here. Acidic, painful burning masking all flavor is it and I am definitely in the hate it camp for that.

However… I got my new nic in and tested it out. Same damn thing. So I have three different companies’ nic in my possession, four batches total, all with the same result. I think common denominator rules say it’s me at this point. I have a volunteer in one of my friends to be the final straw and come test the different nic batches herself later today

1 Like

Oh wow, different vendors and still the same problem does sound like you might have developed a sensitivity. :frowning: And you said the pg definitely isn’t the problem, right?
Forgive me if you already said this, but what strength are you mixing?

Before you come to this conclusion you need to rule out a change in the flavors. Yes I know you tried a no nic blend BUT the nic and the flavors do have a interaction and should be ruled out. Mix up a No Flavor Ejuice and try it out. Also, I suggest trying with different equipment, even cotton and wire if you are building coils, etc etc. If ALL things are ruled out then maybe it’s time to come to this conclusion…

2 Likes