Any Fellow Vegans Here?

Just curious. I have been vegan for about 10 yrs now myself. For ethical reasons mostly.

4 Likes

Me!!! I am!

3 Likes

pheeeewā€¦was getting worried hahahaha. Awesome! Happy to hear.

1 Like

Wow, looking at your names kinda threw me for a minute. Guess Iā€™ll remain an omnivore :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Brief moment of silence for those I have eaten.
Sadly I like my meat to much. But I do respect the vegan element. Some of those veggie paper taste very good.

4 Likes

I used to eat a full meal of meat a couple times a day every day, man. Then I turned like 35 and my body started doing some weird shit. Now, I had treated my body like an amusement park, not a temple, for about 20 years at this point, so it wasnā€™t a surprise the sheels were starting to come off a bit. What WAS a surprise, however, was when I stopped eating red meat (saw a discovery channel documentary on cattle farming) and limited the other stuffā€¦I felt MUCH better. Likeā€¦MUCH better, just in general. Now, I made several lifestyle choices (not going to bother with the cliche story) but I think the meat was a big deal. Not preaching at allā€¦just giving my 2 pesos.

4 Likes

Vegetarian almost 2 and 1/2 years now. Vegan lasts only but a short time because I fall off the wagon to cheese then yogurt and once in a great while to Salmon- that I personally have caught. Otherwise I donā€™t eat meat or chicken.

It is more of a healthier choice and yes after a while you learn what happens to the animals and it is by far the most disturbing and disgusting details that no one in their right mind would really want to know much less do to animal in order to eat it. Most ppl even tell me they feel terrible about it in all but theyā€™re too hungry and canā€™t stop I say whatever floats your boat. I prefer to just live and let live and donā€™t judge.

4 Likes

@UncleTopher & @Amy2 No preaching or judging here. :smiley: To each their own as they say. Just happy to hear the stories.

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad you are feeling better.

1 Like

Yeppers I say that because mainly some ppl for some reason become defensive and I tell them straight out hey I ainā€™t judging. I know they feel bad about the animals I donā€™t try to make them feel worse.

2 Likes

Same here. I hear the usual comments and ā€œjokesā€ everyday. I just brush it off and keep it moving.

3 Likes

exactyā€¦if ya want a burger eat a burgerā€¦if ya want a salad eat a salad. It is every personā€™s god given right to feel like shitā€¦I did it for years. I try not to politicize the whole thing though, even if it WAS a disturbing video that got me started on the path, as some folks DO get all weird about it.

I am thankful that those kind of weird vibes donā€™t happen in here, not that Iā€™ve seen anyway.

4 Likes

Oh yes all the time with the jokes and the pot lucks at work are the worst because when you show up with something they think itā€™s a shoe basically that iā€™ve cooked and thatā€™s w/o even using a meat substitute :sunny: that is because theyā€™re perception is that itā€™ll be some soy by product of something or another but if I get a few ppl to try it they usually like it.

4 Likes

great point. one way or another, for whatever reasons, you are making a difference.

1 Like

I donā€™t judge as my husband and kids are still meat eater. Over 2 years ago we started eating clean and I was feeling better but decided I needed to do some else. So I did nothing but green smoothies(that were vegan) for 21 days. When I started eating again I decided that animal products had to go because I feel better then ever when I was doing the smoothies. I went completely vegan in December, but was never a cheese person actually I hated cheese to begin with. It was just taking eggs out that was in some items.

4 Likes

hahahaā€¦love the shoe analogy. Things are changing everyday. So many options out there now. Which makes me laugh when some of my friends or family members eat vegan foods and have no idea and turn to me and say " you have no idea what youā€™re missing"

2 Likes

just like with stopping cigsā€¦state of mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I never smoked, I vape with no nic. Vaping is what got my husband to stop smoking and I am his support. I make the juices and keep everything with coils and cotton. He supports me being vegan and I support his vaping!

5 Likes

That is absolutely fantastic!

3 Likes

I grew up a vegetarian. My family were all Seventh-Day-Adventists and they are all about HEALTH.
Never tasted meat until I was 13. Then went to a slumber party at a home with 7 beautiful mexican girls. The next morninā€™, Momma cooked BACON, eggs, and chorizo. I couldnā€™t even fathom touching the chorizo, but I did taste the bacon and had some scrambled eggs. Whole different world to me at that time.

Anyhow, today Iā€™m not a vegetarian. Previous marriage ā€˜requiredā€™ I learned to cook meatā€¦ a lot of it.

These days, my husband and I do eat meat, just donā€™t require it to be on the plate to be satisfied.

6 Likes