Any Fellow Vegans Here?

Thanks for sharing :smile:

2 Likes

that’s what it’s all about, sister! Gotta help eaachother stay up, not knock eachother down. Took me a lot of years to realize what I needed in a partner and what I was looking for in a partner were totally different. Sounds like you have the winning formula :grinning:

4 Likes

See that’s the thing. I have a friend I went to college with who’s Chinese. He told me that when he first got here as a kid he and his parents FREAKED when they saw what we Americans consider a ‘normal’ portion of meat on our plate. They would have a teeny little bit of meat as a flavoring with their noodles or rice or whatever. The meat was almost as a flavoring. So they had to get their minds around that, though his parents never really adopted it, and he refrained to a large degree. I just think it’s a cultural thing, which lends itself to any different ideas being stigmatized, as we are taught that different=bad.

As MisterSinner said…“all state of mind”. But I take that a step further in that: my body and the state of my body affects the state of my mind and the food I eat runs the engines in my body…so…I try to put in the good gas.

I don’t know about anyone else but I know it works for me. If eating a 16oz Ribeye every night makes you feel and think better, I say do it!

3 Likes

For decades I have heard…there are cheeseburgers in Paradise. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Health vegan here. Don’t wish to spend my days taking more and more pills and visiting ineffective physicians. Eating WFPB (whole food, plant based, low fat, starch-centered) has solved all problems so far. Diet trumps genetics and “It’s the food” that makes you sick. Simple approach to health. Easy and inexpensive and so much good information on the web. Start with doctors McDougall and Greger and look at the recipes on forks over knives dot com. Be reasonable, be rational, be healthy. Ain’t nothing to it, but to do it.

3 Likes

Awesome TommyBee.

2 Likes

Love F.O.K probably one of the best vegan/vegetarian documentary out there. The China diet book has been around for decades and not as many ppl knew about until that doc came out great book as well. I own the Engine 2 book also and eat his recipes all the time !

I have pure plant nation on my Netflix watch list I want to watch it but am too tired tonight. I hope it’s as good as FOKs !

3 Likes

FOK now has an app for android, I think it’s $5, and a couple hundred recipes and updates weekly.

FOK in a WOK…that’s what I always say.

Here is the trailer for Plant Pure Nation

4 Likes

This is another good doc [lecture] (free on youtube)

3 Likes

Plants defend themselves from being eaten…

3 Likes

Feed me, Seymore…

3 Likes

I’ve heard em all…but this one…haha

1 Like

1 Like

not sure what you are trying to upload but it doesn’t look like it went through

1 Like

I think you uploaded before it uploaded…when at first you don’t succeed…
fk it, and vape on, er, I mean, uh…fock it in the sprocket !
Or, you can make an additional attempt, to soothe the rest of this circus. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

@MisterSinner …or anyone…dickin’ around at work [now retired] is one thing,
taking my health for granted is not me. I am pretty serious about it in reality.
At 70yrs old [in my 2nd childhood] I have no mental choice but to try and enjoy life.
Some take my humor in offense, and it is not meant for that purpose, but the opposite,
yet I have no control over that.
I was married to an MD, obtained a degree in Herbology and macrobiotics, and swung a pretty
hard and heavy hammer around the kingdom [house]. That was about the late 70’s
It instilled a ‘lifestyle’ that I will never outgrow although I have not been a strict student of,
but has always been a mainstay in diet and a wholeness mentality.
As I have strayed, the pendulum always swings back, and I have had to undo the doing.
These days, it is on the positive swing, and has full momentum.
So, if you see me attempting humor, that is all it consists of.
Health is wealth, and it is up to each individual to claim it…or you could just simply
depend on nobamacare I guess, I am not just a DIY in vaping, I am big on DIY in life,
all aspects of it in my little old fart world. Please take no offense, because I don’t have
the energy to run around and put out all the tiny fires I may create with my sarcasm and
lack of social skills. Like Popeye, ‘I yam what I yam’, and I most likely will be.
No excuses, no apologies, no shit. [hey, what’s that smell?]

4 Likes

No offense here :smile: I can tell when people are trying to be abrasive or condescending about the vegan thing. But I do know you do not mean that. Happy to hear you are enjoying your 2nd childhood :sunglasses:

p.s. nice turd hahahaaaa

2 Likes

Maybe the 3rd…? Bwahahaha…
God bless you, @MisterSinner

2 Likes

You as well kind sir

1 Like

Very brilliant and intelligent observation !!!
Not many people, especially in America, understand the value of one.

2 Likes