Any hard core Gamers in the house?

My girlfriend now, we met online, on Meetme, lol. We only chatted a couple times (though for hours) but she lived nearby, and I happened to be in her city, just having lunch with my grandmother who was visiting from out of state, so after lunch, I messaged her and we met up at the mall, saw a movie, had dinner, then just sat and talked outside in the lovely july weather, in the mall parking lot, until nearly 3am LOL neither of us wanted the day to end, we just hit it off from day one, and so we decided to date. I used to drive down here almost daily to see her, now we live together, been just over 8 months and its going great. I am just really bad at going out and meeting new people randomly, I am kind of introverted and tend to keep to myself, but online I am very comfortable and open.I feel like this should be a thread of itā€™s own. It would be cool to hear how people met and got together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhhā€¦ thatā€™s awesome. Iā€™m happy for you to find that special someone. It is a very rough world these days, and we all need somebody we can trust!

1 Like

With my life. It reminds me of this picture I saw, and old couple sitting on a bench, opposite ends of the bench grumpy looking, clearly upset with one another, but it is raining and the guy is still holding an umbrella over the lady for her. Thatā€™s love :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that is totally off the charts, man. I have never heard of someone being THAT addicted to a gameā€¦sounds more like a crack habit than a video game one. Sorry to hear about your troublesā€¦

Looks like I am going to have to redefine ā€˜hardcoreā€™ gamerā€¦

2 Likes

Lol, right. I remember telling her; ā€œYou have a real problem, like a drug, when you steal from people you care about, with no remorse, just to enjoy the game, you need rehab.ā€

1 Like

I always thought I was a hardcore gamer, and sometimes quite an addict, but never had I seen someone so far gone with itā€¦ it was depressing to see, and even worse to know that is what killed the relationshipā€¦ a gameā€¦

yeah manā€¦I have definitely gotten to the point with an MMO (SWG) where I played a very unhealthy amount. I had just had back surgery, though, and was all hopped up on pain killers and was I couldnā€™t move much so I was bored shitless. All excuses for 20-hour binge playing sessions butā€¦once that ordeal was done with I have never looked back.

I BET that was depressing to see! If she was stealing to perpetuate a fantasy life, it sounds like she was pretty mentally unsound at that point.

Sorry buddy:unamused:

2 Likes

Yea, I had no excuses for my binge playing days, 20 hours a day, 4 hour nap, back to game - daily for weeks at a timeā€¦ I think I was just depressed, and wanted an escapeā€¦ luckily that is past me now. My girlfriend gets bored and irritated if i play any game more than an hour or so, now. Tried to get back into Defiance, again recently, but couldnā€™t sit that long anymore. I do miss gaming, I wonā€™t lie, but I know I canā€™t ever go back to binge gaming again lol

1 Like

I normally start a few games together and abandon the ones that dont grab me then play the good ones for years. I still play the original Age of Empires and Red Alert from time to time.

2 Likes

Omg, you started death and taxes? Legendary guild
ā€¦haha

The very one

That is such an awesome game! Iā€™ve only just started playing it with a friend in co-op mode - So fun, and very very good graphics!

Oh, and welcome to the forum! I know youā€™ve posted once last year, but I missed it and didnā€™t welcome you here properly :smiley:

Thatā€™s the one! What a game! :smiley:

Myself I play once in a while - Recently Iā€™ve been playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive and the coop missions :slight_smile: Theyā€™re fun when you have a friend to play with! Iā€™m done with the current one, and the next one is at the end of June I think :stuck_out_tongue:

So now Iā€™ve started playing Tom Clancyā€™s The Division with the same guy. Itā€™s fun! And I donā€™t think weā€™ll run out of stuff to do with it for some time! The graphics are amazing, and the map, from what I understand, is a 1:1 copy of New York City :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha thanks Lars. I sometimes forget thereā€™s an amazing forum over here. I will sure be coming here more often. Also, The Division, CS:GO, and Rainbow Six Siege are my favorite games Iā€™m playing right now. I just love guns. Though Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time.

And yes it the Division itā€™s such a 1:1 of NYC, that my girlfriend can navigate me through the entire city without ever looking at the map (she worked there for a while) which is both a testament to the game and to her navigational skills haha.

2 Likes

That is one pretty game as well - I bought it, installed it and played a couple of hours, but I havenā€™t played since :frowning: I really shouldā€¦ Itā€™s also a huge game!

I also recently started playing Tomb Raider (also a game I bought a long time ago, but never got around to play)ā€¦

I really want to start playing Star Citizen! It has both space/exploration and FPS parts! :smiley: Also insanely good graphics - the FPS-part is apparently REALLY well doneā€¦

An old guild mate of mine is trying to get me to get into Paragon. Ever play that one?

I am in a bind already with FarCry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Assassinā€™s Creed:Black Flag, Dragonā€™s Dogma and Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced and a TON of early paid access, closed alpha/ beta tests, quasi-MMOā€™s all somewhere between 25-50% completed. STEAM had another good game on sale a few days ago: Warhammer:Vermintide and I almost bought it but thankfully my little note saying ā€œQUIT BUYING SHITā€ taped to my monitor is sort of working

I can justify having a backlog of games to play but this buying games from STEAM is taking on a certain OCD/Hoarder flavor I donā€™t think I like.:smiling_imp:.

Nope, just watched a couple of trailers - it looks very pretty - the trailers were just fighting though, and nothing elseā€¦ I would look further into it, if I didnā€™t have my hands full with games these days ;D hehe

Love that story :slight_smile: I met my partner online too, we met on some chat program 11years ago, both of us were into rock, gaming and both were also single parents. We knew one another so well long before we met. It can work out that way, and when we did meet, it was such a relief that we actually did in fact fancy the ass off of one another :smiley:

Still living together, got our girls all under the one roof, and though weā€™ve had issues, we couldnā€™t live without one another :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s a rare cutesy pic of us [Iā€™m normally other side of a camera, photographer :slight_smile: ] ā€¦ And yes, this was on her phone, and she did use some filter ā€¦ thankfully, maybe :smiley: I am 40 after all

2 Likes

As I approach 60 years old I had to give up twitch gaming. Iā€™ve probably played every FPS ever made but itā€™s just too hard on the hands. Until I found a suitable keyboard I used to burn them up in several months. Last few years Iā€™ve been really enjoying the Fallout franchise ā€¦lots of time between blasting sh*t prevents that Repetitive Impact Injury

1 Like

Same. Guilty.