Any hard core Gamers in the house?

oh yeah.
I co founded an alpha-beta testing guild years and tears ago called ElderMoot based on all of us being old as shit. Be have splintered over the years but I still test and play, though STEAM and its “early access” model has all but ruined pure “testing” of games as developers charge for the privilege of helping them now.

I am in a major funk with games to play atm tho. I see some really good looking MMO’s coming out soon (got my eye on Chronicles of Elyria) as well as the RPG “For Honor” and “Mount and Blade Warband2”…but what’s out NOW?

I’m an rpg fan myself and ilI must say i’m disappointed in ff xv. :sob:

I played Destiny almost every night for 18 months but the last month or so I haven’t really bothered
Another victim of the ELR forum lol

1 Like

My issue now is I started a tech support job which has me in front of my work PC for like 9 hours straight a day. Last thing I want to do is spend more time in that chair after I am done working. Going to have to get that STEAM link and controller and move things to the couch FTW!!!

1 Like

Oh, cool nerd hangout too. I have been playing Dark Souls 3 for way too many hours. For some it is rage enducing, for me it is actually calming.

I want to start a new game, darkest dungeon. I am a heavy RPG person. I get absorbed in the story and character creation. I love it all. Too me it is like a movie and a book all into one.

Anyone here play Rocket League?

Lmao, the words “Dark Souls” and “Calming” in the same sentence.

1 Like

So all you hardcore gamers here…

Anyone have advice for an open world or FPS like Skyrim or Destiny for a PS3 that would be somewhere in the vicinity of appropriate for a moderately world-savvy 10 year old? Would either of those games be that?

Violence is kinda, meh…to be expected with anything like this although I’d prefer it if it’s not tons of ripping out intestines or cracking open skulls kind of gore. Swearing sucks, but it’s not like she doesn’t hear it on the bus. Biggest thing is sex and nudity. I’d like to keep her as innocent as possible for as long as possible.

3 Likes

Yeah it is to me. I just like it that much. There is one spot that gets me and it is the profaned capital. That one pissed me off. The rest easy to me.

Yeah, I guess I played the first one more. THAT one is the nerve breaker IMO.

Which did you like better?

1 Like

I loved 1 but 3 has won my heart. I have a ton of fun with it. I am getting better and waiting for more DLC. 2 was just unreal in my opinion.

1 Like

Has she tried Minecraft? My kids got me into games somewhat but I’m by no means hard core. Currently, my PS3 won’t even read discs. :cry: It’s great for music and Netflix though, lol.

2 Likes

Just Cause 3.

So easy to just sit back and mindlessly play. Love sandbox/ open world games, and this is my favorite.

Largest map, to date.

SO FUN, PLEASE BUY IT.

It is pretty cheap by now, too.

@Skullblade789

Yeah, lets not talk about number 2…

2 Likes

She used to be really into Minecraft but not so much anymore. Makes me sad cuz I think that game is awesome.

@Pentine I will look at Just Cause 3. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do it, multiplayer comes out for it in one day (on PC at least… Idk what console peasants are going to do).

2 Likes