Any Substitutes for the Nicotine Throat Hit?

It does and I don’t do it either… I can not stand th…
cigs did enough damage to my throat I don’t want or need anymore.
I sound bad enough as it is…

4 Likes

Can I ask you guys what “TH” is? Sorry for asking something I’m sure you guys have been asked a million time lol.

3 Likes

(1959): Nicotinic acid, oxynicotine, nicotyrine, cotinine, and myosmine have been isolated and identified from the oxidation products of nicotine by aeration at 30 *C. … The presence of methylamine and ammonia in the same oxidation products has been established …

I keep ~18 mg/ml Nicotine 50/50 PG/VG base for my NET juices in glass jars in my refrigerator. When I take it out I warm the jar a bit to reduce the viscosity before shaking them up and then removing some juice base. The other day, I noticed a rather “fishy” smell (said by several texts to be expected when warming Nicotine) that seemed stronger than previously noted. Definitely (something) containing the element Nitrogen there !

From above, Methylamine and Ammonia were detected from oxidizing Nicotine. The “odor threshold” (see page 94) of Ammonia is 46.8 ppm, but it is only 0.021 ppm for Methylamine (a factor of 2,229 less) - and a mere 0.00021 ppm for Trimethylamine. As much as ~1% of tobacco leaf (in cigars) is Ammonia, and the tobacco (ie, cigarette) industry purposely adds Ammonia and/or its compounds for flavor and absorption:

The SECRET and SOUL of Marlboro -
Phillip Morris and the Origins, Spread, and Denial of Nicotine Freebasing

These characteristics should all dovetail nicely with my upcoming irresistible “Trout Mask” flavoring … :stuck_out_tongue:

Source:
https://audiophilereview.com/assets_c/2019/07/AR-BeefheartTroutMask225-thumb-225x175-16433.jpg

3 Likes

@guywithnoname Th = Throat Hit.

2 Likes

Ok, now I feel super stupid :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Not at all @guywithnoname, you feel smarter.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I second that. I keep seeing people talk about their nicotine going bad but I’m over here with nicotine that’s been carelessly left in a box in a cabinet for months and it hasn’t darkened a shade, no flavor change, no added throat hit.
If LNW quit sending me leaky flavor bottles I would have only praises to sing.
Their blue raspberry candy is great too; give it a shot.

4 Likes

Yea I do actually haha.reading this forum has helped me a lot.

3 Likes

This answer is a pure representation of 50/50 (50% Polite and 50% Smart).

Thank you

2 Likes

I think your Nic isn’t a freebase, am I right!

2 Likes

Hardcore Vapestors are Summoned
The discussion started last week about how to get a good Throat Hit while low on Nicotine when a good member recommended the VODKA as a good method of obtaining a good TH.
I think this could also be applied on 50/50 MTL mixes for those like me who’d like to go lower on their Nic dependence, just saying!
So, what are you’re opinions?

3 Likes

I think I’ll try the Vodka thing. The question is; Should I use Top Shelf, perhaps Grey Goose? or cheap throat burning crap. Sorry can’t think of a cheap Vodka.

4 Likes

I think the vodka you should use is the best one you find. Especially without added sugar, I think in cheap add things … Only pure grain vodka. I’ll see if I find the thread that talks about brands …

4 Likes

I can’t find the thread I’m looking for … But this one is also interesting Using Water and Vodka as a base (Instead of PG)

3 Likes

Freebase 100mg/ml dissolved in VG!

1 Like

I like Xo, Grey Goose, Cîroc (my love of a good brandy tho beats any vodka, but for the purpose here… do not use brandy!! Stay away from the sugars, as tempting as it can be… ) and Stoli!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just say no to the mallow…

https://www.totalwine.com/dynamic/490x/media/sys_master/twmmedia/h96/hc6/8805983846430.png

3 Likes

or the other flavored vodkas… good point! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cossack

3 Likes

Only e-liquid is marketed to kids though

3 Likes